The Education Forum

The Umbrella Man Feature Film

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I've seen the Josiah Thompson "Umbrella Man" video several times.

I don't know if the version posted here is an abbreviated one from a longer one.

However, in contemplating what I think is Thompson's message that the Umbrella Man and his umbrella act and his position right at the "exact" motorcade route spot and time when JFK's head was blown apart is of no more importance beyond weird coincidence, I sense and see other things in this scene that suggest to me otherwise.

Thompson recounts the Umbrella Man's stated motivation for his umbrella act  ( Neville Chamberlain's appeasement of Hitler ) and chuckles that it is so singularly out-there and ridiculous ...  it must be true!

But there are other things going on with the Umbrella Man ( including his shared post shooting closeness to the Dark Complexion man ) that deserve some thought.

Okay, so Umbrella Man's position on Elm Street is at the exact spot where JFK  is getting shot twice. His umbrella is the only one present along the entire motorcade route.  And it isn't enough to just open the black umbrella. The man has to pump this up and down for more effect.

But add on these other suspicious actions.

In the seconds following the slaughter, as everyone around the Umbrella Man and the Dark Complexion Man remaing standing in shock and/or running to and fro ( with half a dozen falling to the ground out of personal safety fear ) The DC man and Umbrella Man get close together and both decide at the same time that the most rational thing for them to do was to sit down on the curb and grass beneath them at the same exact time two feet apart?

Something not "one" of the hundreds of other Dealey Plaza gathered crowd people did.

They stay there for awhile in the midst of all the running chaos. They eventually get up and walk their separate ways.

No one ever approaches them for questioning even though they are as close to the shooting as anyone.

What kind of explanation does Thompson give to these two men's mutually shared and uniquely different actions at this super high energy, emotion and chaotic time?  

Just more of the laughable weird coincidences that happen all around us all the time that have no mysteriously important explanation other than random chance?

We see what looks like a walkie-talkie in the DC man's back pocket when he does start walking away and while he is sitting, perhaps a larger than normal looking bulge in the lower right back of his coat. In one photo of the DC man, when he first walks away from his curb sitting, we see him clearly moving his left arm and hand directly to his left buttock pocket area.

Now what innocuous reason could anyone ( including Josiah Thompson) come up with to explain that specifically unusual physical action by DC man?

If I did that it would be to scratch an itch.

Now, maybe sitting on the curb caused an itch or perhaps DC man's bottom got wet ( it did rain the night before ) and he was unconsciously reaching down to feel and verify this? Maybe he was checking to see if his wallet was still in his back pocket?  But, even considering these explanations it is still a suspicious action if for any reason other than it's timing.

Notice also that the Umbrella Man wore a hat? As soon as JFK was hit and right after, he took off his hat. He placed it at his feet while he sat on the curb. Photos show this clearly AND a later photo after the DC man and the Umbrella man left the scene, the Umbrella Man's hat has been left on the sidewalk next to where the Umbrella Man had been sitting on the curb. He left his hat.

Of course the whole scene was so shocking one could forget a discarded item not directly on their person.

Jean Hill saw a puppy in the back seat with JFK and Jackie.

None-the-less it is the closeness of the black man and the Umbrella man ( an odd pairing, especially in a racially conscious place like Dallas ) and their mutually shared and uniquely different actions just before, during and right after JFK was hit within feet of them that begs logical suspicion beyond mere weird coincidences that just happen ... IMO.

I don't agree. Leaving the hat behind obviously was another Chamberlain reference. Here he is at his press conference upon his return from Munich. No hat. Obviously he left it behind.

IMG_0913.JPG

I think the possibility that Umbrella (and hat) were symbolic acts does not rule out other possibilities. Why can't it be both symbolic and operational?

Perhaps the Umbrella Man became instantly self-consciously fearful as soon as he witnessed JFK's head explode into a bright pink spray of blood, brains and bone  ( he had to have seen this as he was that close and looking straight at JFK ) because he knew his animated umbrella pumping action right at the killing spot may have been noticed and of course in it's illogical weirdness make him stand out as a highly suspicious looking and acting character?

His extreme precaution reaction was obviously to fold up his prop as fast as he could and simply sit down and try to look as inconspicuous as possible. 

Animated arm and hand thrusting "Dark Complexion Man" was 6 to 8 feet closer to JFK than even the UM at the head shot time.

He sees this, drops his arm, looks around a little...and of all the reactions he could have had and all the shock walk directions he could have chosen to take in a 360 radius, he heads right back toward one individual  ( the Umbrella Man ) versus several others around, and plops right down within "two feet" of him.

That's closer than I would have ever positioned myself to someone I didn't know at all and like taking a movie theater seat "right next" to a stranger when there are plenty of open ones on either side available.

And they do have some conversation while they are sitting together.

Witt testified later the conversation consisted simply of the colored man saying something innocuous like ( paraphrasing ) "They done shot that man."

Edited by Joe Bauer

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

The assassination itself was a statement, I think, to the USA as a whole and future Presidents in particular.

Ron, the assassination of JFK, RFK AND MLK combined - all 3 clearly gaining more attraction, support and influence over our society than the old guard power groups of the MIC and individuals like Hoover, LBJ, agency heads, etc. and don't forget the Mafia - in just a brief 5 year period...

Now THERE'S a powerful statement to our society and future Presidents in particular.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Ron said- The assassination itself was a statement, I think, to the USA as a whole and future Presidents in particular.

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Ron, the assassination of JFK, RFK AND MLK combined - all 3 clearly gaining more attraction, support and influence over our society than the old guard power groups of the MIC and individuals like Hoover, LBJ, agency heads, etc. and don't forget the Mafia - in just a brief 5 year period...

Now THERE'S a powerful statement to our society and future Presidents in particular.

First off Ron, I should say, I appreciate your contributions to the forum. I liked that excerpt from the Lansdale  post where it talks about the conflict between Harvey and Lansdale. As if Lansdale was too much a loose canon  for Harvey?? Whoa!

But in regards to this statement which Joe seems to agree with.If this was a message to future Presidents. It is important to note that there haven't been any Presidential assassinations in almost 55 years! There was one attempt on Reagan!! So what happened? Do you still fear this cabal  to this day? What to you or Joe is the likely scenario by which this could happen again?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

19 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ron said- The assassination itself was a statement, I think, to the USA as a whole and future Presidents in particular.

First off Ron, I should say, I appreciate your contributions to the forum. I liked that excerpt from the Lansdale  post where it talks about the conflict between Harvey and Lansdale. As if Lansdale was too much a loose canon  for Harvey?? Whoa!

But in regards to this statement which Joe seems to agree with.If this was a message to future Presidents. It is important to note that there haven't been any Presidential assassinations in almost 55 years! There was one attempt on Reagan!! So what happened? Do you still fear this cabal  to this day?

"What to you or Joe is the likely scenario by which this could happen again?"

Kirk, If someone like Jesse Ventura somehow got elected president...and he "really" started to shake things up too much - including the secret government -  I think you might see something occur.

Wow, If we ever elected Jesse Ventura, that would be a seismic shift. I'm sure those powers that be would be -------ing in their pants! A candidate who would run on exposing previous corruption.That's interesting.

Even so, I think there could be even  more spot on potential candidates. My opinion is that while exposing previous corruptions are definitely feared and embarrassing, but because everything's been reconstituted a number of times, none of that will hit the mark. The only circumstance by which that would really take hold would be a once in a lifetime reset brought on by a major global economic catastrophe, where the great mass of people are pointing fingers and there is a major political will to expose major corruption  traced back over generations.

I think times change and factions change.There have been a great many changes since the 60's, when all these new institutions were in a state of teeming profusion. I think that  was the heyday of overt subversion. I think the biggest menaces that exist in the present day and  what should be the most feared "Deep State" has gone more mainstream because they can incrementally accomplish more of what they want perfectly legally. So I guess they are no longer a such a "Deep State", but really have been let  to become  " a Shallow state"", so the danger of exposure is even less. .

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• 4 years later...
On 9/17/2017 at 11:53 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Kirk, If someone like Jesse Ventura somehow got elected president...and he "really" started to shake things up too much - including the secret government -  I think you might see something occur.

Did you ever see the Umbrella Man film. Fascinating, although poorly acted. I can't understand why those two just sat there while everyone else was moving. To me that is the biggest giveaway.

Maybe the two were the original "Dumb and Dumber" duo?  LOL.

"The biggest giveaway" doesn't do their truly odd behavior, anywhere near approaching, justice. 

In the horrible scenario they just witnessed, just mere feet away, their calm and deliberate reactions defy normal human reaction.

A detractor might reason, "Oh, they were in shock." 

I don't buy it.  Now if they just stood there, open-mouthed and gaping, maybe.

Their actions were way too purposeful. 

Edited by Ron Ege
grammar

The Umbrella Man filmmakers did the best they could with the budget and support they had, including in the casting.  I liked the film, though it takes a sense of humor about researchers.  It even presents a theory about a particular frame of the Z-film where JFK is wounded.  Follow link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0h-oO1DZXA

It speaks to the subject matter to know that these guys never made another film, try as hard as they did to establish themselves here.

Edited by David Andrews

Some here may recall that Jean Hill's comment

about a "little dog" in the backseat was not

wrong, since Jacqueline Kennedy had been

given a Lamp Chop puppet at Love Field and

had it with her in the back seat. It resembled a little dog.

Jean Hill was ridiculed unfairly for that. She made

many misstatements, but that was not one of them.

Edited by Joseph McBride

I’m surprised no one has mentioned that not only does the dark complected man appear to have a radio, but it’s clear in one of the pictures at least that he’s talking into it. There’s very little ambiguity. As for Witt, I don’t have a strong opinion except for the fact that his claim that the black man said “they done shot  those people” is…silly and not believable. Who talks like that except black characters in old Hollywood movies?

Another thing I would add is that Larry Hancock has commented elsewhere that the black man looks like a Cuban active in anti-Castro politics named, IIRC, Felipe Santiago? I may be wrong about the name.

1 hour ago, David Boylan said:

Allen,

From Greg Wagner's site - https://tangodown63.com/vidal-santiago-felipe/

His close friend Roy Hargraves - https://tangodown63.com/hargraves-roy-emory/

This is important.  Umbrella man and DCM participated in a conspiracy to murder the President.  Might an umbrealla song lend attention to it?