The Education Forum

James Hosty and KGB Agent Kostikov

Paul Trejo

On 12/20/2016 at 3:49 PM, Roger DeLaria said:

Will I learn any valuable info from  Hosty's Assignment: Oswald?  I just picked it up used and have on deck to read.

Probably.  

I found, to my surprise, that Hosty talked about seeing more than one defect on the windshield  (it was on view in the building where he went to give his WC testimony) -- "We [Belmont, Fain, Quigly and me] could see pockmarks on the inside of the windshield...consistent with high-speed bullet fragments hitting it.' p 141.  I immediately tried to find a way to speak with him, and that, thanks to Russ Burr, led to my phone interview with him in 2000.  But he when I pressed him about where these 'pockmarks' were located he backed away and didn't want to talk about it.  

I then tried to use this information when I was involved with the DC on ITTC in 2008 to get to view the windshield with a forensic glass expert, but the producer switched to another criterion (that there was supposed to be some sort of inscription on the windshield -- when NARA checked, they found none) and I was denied permission to view it.  That was my third attempt to do so...:-0

So I think you will find some gems in the book, as well as a lot of puzzling things...

Edited by Pamela Brown

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Edwin Lopez in his 2003 book, The Lopez Report, if (and only if) LHO truly did meet Valeriy Kostikov in Mexico City on October 1, 1963, then, "it is 100% certain that the Soviets assassinated JFK."

That is why the repeated claim by James Hosty in his 1996 book, Assignment Oswald -- that LHO met Kostikov -- is so relevant to JFK research.  

If James Hosty is telling the truth, then a half-century of blaming the CIA, the Mafia and LBJ was just a massive waste of paper and ink.

Yet count the high-level people who flatly denied any Soviet conspiracy:  Dean Rusk, J. Edgar Hoover, Alan Belmont, John McCone, Richard Helms, Llewellyn Thompson, James Rowley, C. Douglas Dillon and so many more.

Jame Hosty accuses all of them -- he accuses the US Government of covering up the Soviet assassination of JFK.  IMHO, this is the sort of CT we would expect to see in the National Enquirer.

The challenge to JFK researchers is this -- if LHO had handlers, and if the Radical Left were not those handlers -- then who remains?  

If (and only if) the Radical Right were the actual handlers of LHO, then Hosty's book plainly aligns Hosty with the Radical Right.  That's my reading of it.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 12/22/2016 at 0:55 PM, Pamela Brown said:

...I found, to my surprise, that Hosty talked about seeing more than one defect on the windshield  (it was on view in the building where he went to give his WC testimony) -- "We [Belmont, Fain, Quigly and me] could see pockmarks on the inside of the windshield...consistent with high-speed bullet fragments hitting it.' p 141.  I immediately tried to find a way to speak with him, and that, thanks to Russ Burr, led to my phone interview with him in 2000.  But he when I pressed him about where these 'pockmarks' were located he backed away and didn't want to talk about it.  

I then tried to use this information when I was involved with the DC on ITTC in 2008 to get to view the windshield with a forensic glass expert, but the producer switched to another criterion (that there was supposed to be some sort of inscription on the windshield -- when NARA checked, they found none) and I was denied permission to view it.  That was my third attempt to do so...:-0   ...

Pamela,

Your specific focus on Hosty's book, Assignment Oswald (1996) -- namely the JFK limo -- is intriguing.   I've long been convinced that the FBI tampered with every stitch of evidence in the Dealey Plaza scenario -- ballistics, crime scene, photography, film, witnesses, suspects, and even the limo.

NARA, I have found, still blocks US citizens from accessing crucial historical artifacts.   IMHO this is because of the Presidential order (from LBJ in 1964) to withhold until 2039 much specific data regarding the JFK assassination.

Of course, this was changed by another Presidential order (from GHW Bush in 1992) to release all JFK assassination data in October 2017 (i.e. the JFK Records Act).  I myself believe that the Presidential order is the key (and that is why even the HSCA, with its Senators and Congressmen, continually failed to obtain access to this data).

So, I believe that access to data about the JFK limo will finally be available to you beginning on Thursday 26 October 2017 (exactly 25 years from the Presidential signature of the JFK Records Act).   It's only about ten months away, now.  I would love to see the JFK limo data myself.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 12/23/2016 at 4:41 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Pamela,

Your specific focus on Hosty's book, Assignment Oswald (1996) -- namely the JFK limo -- is intriguing.   I've long been convinced that the FBI tampered with every stitch of evidence in the Dealey Plaza scenario -- ballistics, crime scene, photography, film, witnesses, suspects, and even the limo.

NARA, I have found, still blocks US citizens from accessing crucial historical artifacts.   IMHO this is because of the Presidential order (from LBJ in 1964) to withhold until 2039 much specific data regarding the JFK assassination.

Of course, this was changed by another Presidential order (from GHW Bush in 1992) to release all JFK assassination data in October 2017 (i.e. the JFK Records Act).  I myself believe that the Presidential order is the key (and that is why even the HSCA, with its Senators and Congressmen, continually failed to obtain access to this data).

So, I believe that access to data about the JFK limo will finally be available to you beginning on Thursday 26 October 2017 (exactly 25 years from the Presidential signature of the JFK Records Act).   It's only about ten months away, now.  I would love to see the JFK limo data myself.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I don't think we can blatantly say that "the FBI tampered with the limo". I have spoken with SA Robert Frazier and developed a theory as to what I think transpired in regards to the limo.  The SS had control of it for over 12 hours after the assassination.  They were the ones who could have sanitized it prior to turning it over to RA Frazier and his team at 1a.m. 11/23/63 for a forensic exam.  

At the same time, I will not make excuses for Frazier and his team.  I asked if they added lights to the dim WH garage before taking the photos and he said 'no,'  As a result, there is less detail available that what we could have.  Frazier also 'did his job' but did not go outside of the box and did not consider that the SS could have sandbagged him.  The SS drew no diagrams, took no notes or photos during their time with the limo; Frazier did.  I don't think he had anything to hide -- I do think he did a superficial job.

1 hour ago, Chris Newton said:

I think Pamela debunked Whittaker on her blog...

That said... please move the Limo comments to the appropriate thread.

I agree.  Let's not hijack this thread...

KGB agent Kostikov remains a puzzle after 53 years -- but especially in the past 20 years, after James Hosty published his book, Assignment Oswald, clearly placing Kostikov at the core of the JFK assassination.

As Edwin Lopez remarked (The Lopez Report, 2003), if Lee Harvey Oswald really met KGB agent  Kostikov in Mexico City, then it is "100% certain" that the Soviets killed JFK.

Otherwise -- we have a major discrepancy to resolve, namely, that FBI agent James Hosty repeatedly affirmed as the theme of his 1996 book that the US Government made multiple efforts to conceal the alleged meeting of LHO with Kostikov -- even from Hosty himself.

If the LHO and Kostikov meeting is a fiction, then I feel certain that we can place James Hosty himself near the source of that fiction.  By the way, if (and only if) it is a fiction, we must recognize, first and foremost, that it did not originate in 1996, but on October 1, 1963, when the CIA recognized it as a fiction (according to Bill Simpich in 2014; State Secret: Wiretapping in Mexico City).

In other words, the LHO-Kostikov meeting is the original CT by the actual framers of LHO and the actual murderers of JFK.   That's my reading. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Sorry, will do.

Could someone provide me with a link to an appropriate thread title regards this subject and these two witnesses?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Could someone provide me with a link to an appropriate thread title regards this subject and these two witnesses?

Joe,

this thread would seem appropriate (except it was, in turn, hijacked by a coffin discussion), just take it back:

6 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

KGB agent Kostikov remains a puzzle after 53 years -- but especially in the past 20 years, after James Hosty published his book, Assignment Oswald, clearly placing Kostikov at the core of the JFK assassination.

As Edwin Lopez remarked (The Lopez Report, 2003), if Lee Harvey Oswald really met KGB agent  Kostikov in Mexico City, then it is "100% certain" that the Soviets killed JFK.

Otherwise -- we have a major discrepancy to resolve, namely, that FBI agent James Hosty repeatedly affirmed as the theme of his 1996 book that the US Government made multiple efforts to conceal the meeting of LHO from Kostikov -- even from Hosty himself.

If the LHO and Kostikov meeting is a fiction, then I feel certain that we can place James Hosty himself near the source of that fiction.  By the way, if (and only if) it is a fiction, we must recognize, first and foremost, that it did not originate in 1996, but on October 1, 1963, when the CIA recognized it as a fiction (according to Bill Simpich in 2014; State Secret: Wiretapping in Mexico City).

In other words, the LHO-Kostikov meeting is the original CT by the actual framers of LHO and the actual murderers of JFK.   That's my reading. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

"... conceal the meeting of LHO FROM Kostokov ..."

???

--  Tommy :sun

10 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

"... conceal the meeting of LHO FROM Kostikov ..."

???

--  Tommy :sun

Tommy,

Thanks for the correction of my typo.   Of course I meant to write, "conceal the meeting of LHO with Kostikov..."

I corrected it.

BTW, Tommy, your work on this Forum has long been important to my CT -- especially your thread, "If LHO was an Intelligence Agent, how was he made into a Patsy?"

It's a landmark question, IMHO.  Your thread inspired my CT that LHO was a CIA wannabe -- surrounding himself with spy toys, but never making the grade.   This CT makes most sense of all the data, IMHO.

This is also where James Hosty fits into the picture, alongside General Walker, Robert Alan Surrey, Guy Banister, David Ferrie, Jack S. Martin, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and Interpen.  This is because LHO was never trusted by anybody in the Radical Right -- he always spoke Marxist rhetoric, and drove them crazy.

Evidently, LHO used Marxist rhetoric to try to impress high-ranking people that he was a valuable resource to infiltrate the Communists.  LHO himself was never a Communist, i.e. he never actually joined any Communist Party or associated personally with any people in such organizations.  LHO's actual associations were always in the Radical Right, e.g. with Guy Banister, David Ferrie, Clay Shaw, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall and Ed Butler.

Yet LHO would never stop talking in Marxist mode.  We know this from WC testimony from those LHO and Marina knew in Fort Worth and Dallas in 1962, as well as from Ruth and Michael Paine.

So -- my CT says that LHO never made close friends simply because of his political orientation.  He wasn't clearly Left or Right -- he saw himself as a future "double-agent" and he looked down on everybody else because of this "wannabe" goal.   So, LHO never made close friends, so he exposed himself to becoming a Patsy.

This is where James Hosty re-enters my CT.

James Hosty worked closely with General Walker and Robert Allen Surrey (according to Penn Jones Jr.).   General Walker's own personal papers insist that General Walker knew that LHO was his April shooter only days after the April 10, 1963 shooting.   How could Walker know that LHO was his shooter so early in the year?

The answer is probably given by Dick Russell in his book about Richard Case Nagell, The Man Who Knew Too Much (1992).  Russell interviewed General Walker, twice.  In that book, Russell reports that in Dallas, on Easter Sunday, April 14, 1963, George DeMohrenschildt told his good friends, Igor and Natalie Voshinin, that he suspected that LHO was General Walker's shooter.  

Natalie Voshinin told Russell that she called the FBI as soon as George walked out the door.   If so, then the chances are very high that Natalie Voshinin talked to James Hosty, who was the FBI agent in Dallas who, as he admitted, had the responsibility for tracking General Walker and the Minutemen in Dallas.

If so, then James Hosty would be the source of General Walker's knowledge -- how General Walker knew that LHO was his shooter, only days after the event.   James Hosty would have told General Walker and Robert Alan Surrey about LHO on Easter Sunday, April 14, 1963.

General Walker would have hated LHO for many reasons after that.   Finding out from Guy Banister that LHO had no close friends, greatly enabled General Walker to form a plot to get revenge on LHO at the same time that General Walker got revenge on JFK for getting him stripped naked in an insane asylum on October 1, 1962.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Let's go with your theory for a second.

If Oswald was a suspect in the Walker shooting...why was he never picked up and questioned, even just to ask his whereabouts on the evening in question?

Because when someone takes a shot at another person, even if they miss, it's attempted murder...which, as I understand it, isn't a misdemeanor in ANY jurisdiction.

So why wasn't Ozzie ever questioned? If Hosty was told that Oswald was a suspect, since attempted murder is a state crime rather than a federal crime, wouldn't Hosty have had a duty to report his information to the DPD?  If so, why wouldn't he do so?  Or are you calling Hosty a crooked cop who was working for Walker instead of the FBI?

IMHO, there are so many holes in this scenario that it makes Swiss cheese look solid.

On 12/27/2016 at 10:09 AM, Mark Knight said:

Let's go with your theory for a second.

If Oswald was a suspect in the Walker shooting...why was he never picked up and questioned, even just to ask his whereabouts on the evening in question?

Because when someone takes a shot at another person, even if they miss, it's attempted murder...which, as I understand it, isn't a misdemeanor in ANY jurisdiction.

So why wasn't Ozzie ever questioned? If Hosty was told that Oswald was a suspect, since attempted murder is a state crime rather than a federal crime, wouldn't Hosty have had a duty to report his information to the DPD?  If so, why wouldn't he do so?  Or are you calling Hosty a crooked cop who was working for Walker instead of the FBI?

IMHO, there are so many holes in this scenario that it makes Swiss cheese look solid.

Mark,

Your challenge ignores the fact that for 53 years the JFK murder remains unsolved -- as though the answer was really simple.

My evidence is found not my imagination, but in the actual personal papers of General Walker.  It is General Walker who explained why LHO was never questioned.  Oswald did this first in his report to the German newspaper, Deutsche Nationalzeitung less than 24 hours after the JFK murder. 

General Walker told reporter Helmut Muench (alias Hasso Thorsten) that the reason LHO was never questioned in the Walker shooting was because the offices of RFK deliberately told the Dallas police to set LHO free.  

[ http://www.pet880.com/images/19631129_Deutsche_NZ.jpg ]

General Walker repeated that claim nearly every year of his life after that.   For example, here is what he wrote in 1968, when RFK was murdered.  Look especially at the final two paragraphs:

[http://www.pet880.com/images/19680612_No_Tears_for_RFK.pdf]

For another example, here is what Walker told Senator Frank Church in 1975:

[http://www.pet880.com/images/19750623_EAW_to_Frank_Church.pdf]

Even H.L. Hunt knew about this claim of General Walker -- and talked about it briefly in his Playboy interview in the 1960's.   I have lots more evidence from Walker's personal papers.  I have already shared this was Jeff Caufield over the years.  Finally, here is what General Walker wrote shortly before he died:

[http://www.pet880.com/images/19920119_EAW_Oswald_arrested.pdf]

In short -- General Walker believed that the reason that LHO was never booked for the Walker shooting was because RFK himself was behind LHO, and was using LHO to try to assassinate Walker -- since RFK had failed to keep Walker locked up in the Springfield insane asylum in 1962.

If we ask the Dallas Police, however, they claim that they never suspected LHO at any time of the Walker shooting -- until they were told by the FBI and Marina Oswald in December 1963.   General Walker had no respect for the Warren Commission, and no respect for the Chief Curry, either.  But that's another story.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

So Oswald was only a "wanna-be," Jethro Bodine-style "double-nought spy,"....yet the United States Attorney General protected him from prosecution in an attempted murder?

Either Oswald WAS connected to folks higher up in government...or he wasn't.

Sounds to me as if you're trying to have it both ways, Mr. Trejo.  I see a contradiction in your story here.  Oswald had no government connections, BUT the highest man in the Justice Department had his back...until he didn't.

If you were a doctor, I'd call this kind of reasoning "quackery."  You're telling me that in April 1963, Oswald was essentially working for RFK...but after moved to New Orleans, he was no longer working for the Attorney General, but for the man the Attorney General wanted him to kill.  Isn't that essentially what your story is?

If it's something different, perhaps you'd better clarify your theory.  I'm not clinging to any CIA-did-it theory from the previous century, so don't trot that tired line out in this case.  I'm just trying to find an explanation that makes sense.  I mean, you're saying RFK had LHO's back in April...but wouldn't step up to the plate for him in November...or something like that, anyway.  I'm just trying to see how you can accept Walker's allegations about LHO and RFK, and still have your theory make sense.

Because to me, it doesn't.