The Education Forum

David Lifton teases Final Charade on the Night Fright Show

Micah Mileto

Thanks to everybody for taking part in this discussion.  No time just now to contribute. I'm on the AMTRAK Surfliner which must be hitting speeds of 60 MPH (at least) as I race north across Orange County towards Los Angeles, and then board another train to San Francisco.  This train rocks back and forth, and I'm truly amazed that I can open up my laptop and get email!

DSL

Heading north. . from San Juan Capistrano to L.A.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't those shadows of the police officers on the starboard side of AF1 a little long for about 2:00 pm?  Something isn't right about that late arriving photo of the starboard side of AF1 at about the return of the Kennedy party....

2 hours ago, Steven Kossor said:

Aren't those shadows of the police officers on the starboard side of AF1 a little long for about 2:00 pm?  Something isn't right about that late arriving photo of the starboard side of AF1 at about the return of the Kennedy party....

And I wonder for what possible reason someone blacked out part of the starboard side. 

What could have been there to hide? All I can think of is a sign that said "Remove body here."

2 hours ago, Steven Kossor said:

Sounds interesting

Hello Ron Ecker:

Photography at Love Field in the 2-1/2 hours following JFK's assassination is an important area of JFK Research. 

That means  collecting information about the following:

a) All photographs that were taken at Love Field--who the photographer is, where the pictures are available (on the Internet) etc.

b ) All info re attempts to suppress photography (I'm aware of at least two)

c ) Careful analysis of any photographs taken showing the starboard side of AF-1, during the time period that eyewitnesses report the activities of a forklift truck)

Like any area of the JFK case, this one can be a serious "rabbit hole."

I thank all those who have sent me information or pointed me to photography I had not known about.

Thanks so much.

DSL

Monday, 4/9/2018 - 1:30 PM PDT

Traveling aboard the AMTRAK Coast Starlight heading south 

from San Francisco, back to the Southern California area.

(Not supposed to have Internet on the Coast Starlight, but it turns out there's a secret password someone tipped me off to, so I can watch these lovely vistas presented by this southbound train, and be keeping track of the London Forum at the same time. Small world.)

12 hours ago, David Lifton said:

Not supposed to have Internet on the Coast Starlight, but it turns out there's a secret password someone tipped me off to, so I can watch these lovely vistas presented by this southbound train, and be keeping track of the London Forum at the same time. Small world

Hi, David: a secret password?

Edited by Paz Marverde

23 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

And I wonder for what possible reason someone blacked out part of the starboard side. 

Ron,

When I first looked at the blackened out area I got the impression that there were sheets of black tarp attached to the back part of the fuselage.

In trying to figure out how the sheets had been attached, I came to realize that that isn't tarp at all and is not blackened out at all. What we are seeing is the underside of the rear starboard wing. It is blocking the view of the rear fuselage.

d4e6c6ffde833ebe6039718ccb98cf71.jpg

In the photo above we see the underside of that wing. In the photo below we see the topside.

Screen1-1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Ron,

When I first looked at the blackened out area I got the impression that there were sheets of black tarp attached to the back part of the fuselage.

In trying to figure out how the sheets had been attached, I came to realize that that isn't tarp at all and is not blackened out at all. What we are seeing is the underside of the rear starboard wing. It is blocking the view of the rear fuselage.

In the photo above we see the underside of that wing. In the photo below we see the topside.

Screen1-1.jpg

I don't understand what you're saying. The rear starboard wing has no connection to the blackened area along the fuselage. Do you mean the blackened area is shadow cast by the wing? Doesn't look like that to me.

To me, the blackened area looks like the reflection of the shadow of Air Force One's body. You can see the matching slit of light caused by the shadow of the  tailplane (horizontal stabiliser) and the shadow of wing.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

Yes, - what could the "black spot/area" be ? It may seem that the photo only could have been taken from AF2, as mentioned.

Off-topic-trivia: Who is the man (in the photo , second from the bottom) --- wearing a suit and red tie, --- at the bottom centre of the photograph, - and who is his lookalike ? :) 

Air-Force-One-112263dAir-Force-One-112263cAir-Force-One-112263bAir-Force-One-112263aAir-Force-One-112263Air-Force-One-112263epost-2389-1169858580casketthp

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

On 4/6/2018 at 5:43 AM, David Lifton said:

I am quite familiar with this picture,and have been for years.  Do you know by whom it was taken? And when it was first released?  

If it is indeed taken from AF2 ( what other aircraft could it have been taken from ? ), ---- the establishing of the identity of the photographer, - may/would be somewhat challenging. If you haven't resolved that issue already that is. I don't think it is of such exceptional clarity though. The location from where it was taken, would be visible in a couple of the photos above .

And yes, as Ron said: "The rear starboard wing has no connection to the blackened area along the fuselage. "

------ directly below "26000".

The posted photograph has dimensions : 750 x 853 .

The photograph in my ancient harddisk has dimensions : 927 x 720 .

hearse

The posted one, - seems sharpened , and brightened a bit, - with some kind of editor / program. Not much difference anyways.

(Btw. I have no skills within this field whatsoever).

Trygve,

The man in the red tie at Love Field is NBC reporter Robert MacNeil. (The same MacNeil who might very well have been directed to a phone by Lee Oswald just outside the TSBD within minutes of the assassination.)

Here's a news report narrated by MacNeil on 11/22/63:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B294SBAT_oH6UUYzc0ZLY1dHQUk/view

Also & BTW....

My thanks to Trygve for posting some fairly rare Love Field photos above that I have never seen before. You've provided me with a couple more images for my Kennedy Gallery. Much obliged. :)

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2018/04/kennedy-gallery-470.html

Edited by David Von Pein

8 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:
9 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Ron,

Screen1-1.jpg

I don't understand what you're saying. The rear starboard wing has no connection to the blackened area along the fuselage. Do you mean the blackened area is shadow cast by the wing? Doesn't look like that to me.

I see now that there are TWO blackened areas on the fuselage. The one I was talking about appears at the very back end of the fuselage, just below the vertical stabilizer. The other one appears on the bottom of the fuselage, just behind the (main) wing and extending back almost to the vertical stabilizer. To me this looks like a reflection of the asphalt off the polished aluminum skin.

Edited by Sandy Larsen