Jump to content
The Education Forum
Micah Mileto

David Lifton teases Final Charade on the Night Fright Show

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Steven Kossor said:

Aren't those shadows of the police officers on the starboard side of AF1 a little long for about 2:00 pm?  Something isn't right about that late arriving photo of the starboard side of AF1 at about the return of the Kennedy party....

And I wonder for what possible reason someone blacked out part of the starboard side. 

What could have been there to hide? All I can think of is a sign that said "Remove body here."

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steven Kossor said:

Aren't those shadows of the police officers on the starboard side of AF1 a little long for about 2:00 pm?  Something isn't right about that late arriving photo of the starboard side of AF1 at about the return of the Kennedy party....

Sounds interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ron Ecker:

Photography at Love Field in the 2-1/2 hours following JFK's assassination is an important area of JFK Research. 

That means  collecting information about the following:

a) All photographs that were taken at Love Field--who the photographer is, where the pictures are available (on the Internet) etc.

b ) All info re attempts to suppress photography (I'm aware of at least two)

c ) Careful analysis of any photographs taken showing the starboard side of AF-1, during the time period that eyewitnesses report the activities of a forklift truck)

Like any area of the JFK case, this one can be a serious "rabbit hole."

I thank all those who have sent me information or pointed me to photography I had not known about.

Thanks so much.

DSL

Monday, 4/9/2018 - 1:30 PM PDT

Traveling aboard the AMTRAK Coast Starlight heading south 

from San Francisco, back to the Southern California area.

(Not supposed to have Internet on the Coast Starlight, but it turns out there's a secret password someone tipped me off to, so I can watch these lovely vistas presented by this southbound train, and be keeping track of the London Forum at the same time. Small world.)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, David Lifton said:

Not supposed to have Internet on the Coast Starlight, but it turns out there's a secret password someone tipped me off to, so I can watch these lovely vistas presented by this southbound train, and be keeping track of the London Forum at the same time. Small world

Hi, David: a secret password?

Edited by Paz Marverde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

And I wonder for what possible reason someone blacked out part of the starboard side. 

 

Ron,

When I first looked at the blackened out area I got the impression that there were sheets of black tarp attached to the back part of the fuselage.

In trying to figure out how the sheets had been attached, I came to realize that that isn't tarp at all and is not blackened out at all. What we are seeing is the underside of the rear starboard wing. It is blocking the view of the rear fuselage.

 

d4e6c6ffde833ebe6039718ccb98cf71.jpg

 


In the photo above we see the underside of that wing. In the photo below we see the topside.

 

Screen1-1.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

 

Ron,

When I first looked at the blackened out area I got the impression that there were sheets of black tarp attached to the back part of the fuselage.

In trying to figure out how the sheets had been attached, I came to realize that that isn't tarp at all and is not blackened out at all. What we are seeing is the underside of the rear starboard wing. It is blocking the view of the rear fuselage.

 

d4e6c6ffde833ebe6039718ccb98cf71.jpg

 


In the photo above we see the underside of that wing. In the photo below we see the topside.

 

Screen1-1.jpg

 

 

I don't understand what you're saying. The rear starboard wing has no connection to the blackened area along the fuselage. Do you mean the blackened area is shadow cast by the wing? Doesn't look like that to me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, the blackened area looks like the reflection of the shadow of Air Force One's body. You can see the matching slit of light caused by the shadow of the  tailplane (horizontal stabiliser) and the shadow of wing.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, - what could the "black spot/area" be ? It may seem that the photo only could have been taken from AF2, as mentioned.

Off-topic-trivia: Who is the man (in the photo , second from the bottom) --- wearing a suit and red tie, --- at the bottom centre of the photograph, - and who is his lookalike ? :) 

Air-Force-One-112263dAir-Force-One-112263cAir-Force-One-112263bAir-Force-One-112263aAir-Force-One-112263Air-Force-One-112263epost-2389-1169858580casketthp

 

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 5:43 AM, David Lifton said:

I am quite familiar with this picture,and have been for years.  Do you know by whom it was taken? And when it was first released?  

If it is indeed taken from AF2 ( what other aircraft could it have been taken from ? ), ---- the establishing of the identity of the photographer, - may/would be somewhat challenging. If you haven't resolved that issue already that is. I don't think it is of such exceptional clarity though. The location from where it was taken, would be visible in a couple of the photos above .

And yes, as Ron said: "The rear starboard wing has no connection to the blackened area along the fuselage. "

------ directly below "26000".

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Paz:  If you wish to email me, please use DSL74@Cornell.edu

Please put JFK (or "from Paz" in the subject line.

Thank you.

DSL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The posted photograph has dimensions : 750 x 853 .

The photograph in my ancient harddisk has dimensions : 927 x 720 .

hearse

The posted one, - seems sharpened , and brightened a bit, - with some kind of editor / program. Not much difference anyways.

(Btw. I have no skills within this field whatsoever).

 

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trygve,

The man in the red tie at Love Field is NBC reporter Robert MacNeil. (The same MacNeil who might very well have been directed to a phone by Lee Oswald just outside the TSBD within minutes of the assassination.)

Here's a news report narrated by MacNeil on 11/22/63:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B294SBAT_oH6UUYzc0ZLY1dHQUk/view

Also & BTW....

My thanks to Trygve for posting some fairly rare Love Field photos above that I have never seen before. You've provided me with a couple more images for my Kennedy Gallery. Much obliged. :)

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2018/04/kennedy-gallery-470.html

Edited by David Von Pein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:
9 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

 

Ron,

When I first looked at the blackened out area I got the impression that there were sheets of black tarp attached to the back part of the fuselage.

In trying to figure out how the sheets had been attached, I came to realize that that isn't tarp at all and is not blackened out at all. What we are seeing is the underside of the rear starboard wing. It is blocking the view of the rear fuselage.

 

d4e6c6ffde833ebe6039718ccb98cf71.jpg

 


In the photo above we see the underside of that wing. In the photo below we see the topside.

 

Screen1-1.jpg

 

 

I don't understand what you're saying. The rear starboard wing has no connection to the blackened area along the fuselage. Do you mean the blackened area is shadow cast by the wing? Doesn't look like that to me.

 

I see now that there are TWO blackened areas on the fuselage. The one I was talking about appears at the very back end of the fuselage, just below the vertical stabilizer. The other one appears on the bottom of the fuselage, just behind the (main) wing and extending back almost to the vertical stabilizer. To me this looks like a reflection of the asphalt off the polished aluminum skin.

 

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trygve V. Jensen said:

And yes, as Ron said: "The rear starboard wing has no connection to the blackened area along the fuselage. "

------ directly below "26000".

 

The blackened area just below the 26000 is the first one I talked about. It is definitely the bottom side of that little wing in the rear, on the starboard side. (What I now know is called the "horizontal stabilizer.")  It can be hard to "see" (visually interpret correctly) if you are envisioning the airplane to be at an angle that it is not.

To anybody who is interested, I will try to talk you through it.

This photo is helpful:
 

post-2389-1169858580

 

Do you see the little wing below the 26000? It's easy to see in this view. We are looking at the bottom of it. It blocks our view of the fuselage at the very end of the airplane.

Now look for that wing in the following photo, except on the other (starboard) side:

 

d4e6c6ffde833ebe6039718ccb98cf71.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Trygve,

The man in the red tie at Love Field is NBC reporter Robert MacNeil. (The same MacNeil who might very well have been directed to a phone by Lee Oswald just outside the TSBD within minutes of the assassination.)

Here's a news report narrated by MacNeil on 11/22/63:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B294SBAT_oH6UUYzc0ZLY1dHQUk/view

Also & BTW....

My thanks to Trygve for posting some fairly rare Love Field photos above that I have never seen before. You've provided me with a couple more images for my Kennedy Gallery. Much obliged. :)

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2018/04/kennedy-gallery-470.html

Soon I have to replace my keyboard here, as the letters t, h, a, n, k,  -- and s, ---- are worned out .

Appreciate it as always.  Is there anything you don't know ? :) .

Wish I now could finally calm down someone (who is not longer)  - who had the impression "red - tie - man" , --- was this guy :

HSCA-044-lawrence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

 

The blackened area just below the 26000 is the first one I talked about. It is definitely the bottom side of that little wing in the rear, on the starboard side. (What I now know is called the "horizontal stabilizer.")  It can be hard to "see" (visually interpret correctly) if you are envisioning the airplane to be at an angle that it is not.

To anybody who is interested, I will try to talk you through it.

This photo is helpful:
 

post-2389-1169858580

 

Do you see the little wing below the 26000? It's easy to see in this view. We are looking at the bottom of it. It blocks our view of the fuselage at the very end of the airplane.

Now look for that wing in the following photo, except on the other (starboard) side:

 

d4e6c6ffde833ebe6039718ccb98cf71.jpg

 

Thank you , - that made what you meant, - - more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...