The Education Forum

For Debate - The Hairline Spot Seen in the Autopsy Photo

The problem i have with Pat's orientation is that it would mean that the scalp was reflected from RIGHT to LEFT across the top of the skull. ?

The normal autopsy procedure it to reflect the scalp down across the face, and the other section is then reflected down across the back of the head.

there is no reflection done across the skull from RIGHT to LEFT ?

Pat even has a photo depicting the normal procedure on his website.

reflectionsonreflection2.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

The problem i have with Pat's orientation is that it would mean that the scalp was reflected from RIGHT to LEFT across the top of the skull. ?

The normal autopsy procedure it to reflect the scalp down across the face, and the other section is then reflected down across the back of the head.

there is no reflection done across the skull from RIGHT to LEFT ?

Pat even has a photo depicting the normal procedure on his website.

reflectionsonreflection2.jpg

The autopsy pathologists have mentioned that they made a special incision low in the scalp to exposed the EOP wound, which was not exposed by the previous, regular scalp incisions for reflection over top of skull. For the smaller incision to disect the EOP wound, the scalp would be reflected to the left.

Edited by Micah Mileto

12 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

head5.jpg

Robin, if the skull photographs show a beveled exit on the margin of the *frontal* bone, then why have the autopsy pathologists always caimed that the only external beveling was apparent on skull fragments that were only later discovered in the limousine and delivered? Why did they claim to not recognize the beveled out-shoot bone shown as a focal point in the empty-cranium photographs?

Unless you don't find that contradiction suspicious, wouldn't it be the simplest explination that they lied rather than misremembered a beveled exit on the BACK of the head?

If the photos show, that beveling could just be an exit for a fragment. Theoretically a fragment cold have exited backwards from certain traumatic shots from behind, but why muddy the waters in the official record when you could just pretend to not remember, you know.

Edited by Micah Mileto

All this discussion of the big hole and the small one over the right eye...

Father Huber claims to have seen a "terrible wound" over the left eye...  despite the claims that all damage was to the right of mid-line...

The embalmer notes no left side work done...  how can that be missed when 2 small shrapnel holes are filled... some feel those were from glass when a shot goes thru the windshield.

There is also testimony that HUMES took a saw and just cut across the top of the forehead...

That crack and "wound" on the left side is not connected to anything...  the HUMES cut?

5a2725e86a9bd_frontalxray-withHuberstatementandarrowstothewound-annotated.thumb.jpg.ad3292178c938cdb7763e9c066ac9ca6.jpg

EMBALMER.thumb.gif.ac0d48d876c517dd60388dda179ef034.gif

On 12/4/2017 at 7:53 PM, Michael Walton said:

I am not going to say you are wrong.  But I am also not going to say you are right. I think what I have is reasonably accurate - not 100%.  And yes, I agree it's possible that the open cranium photo needs to be tilted and reoriented to bring the beveled hole upward somewhat.

However, you're free to get some graphics software and create your own version and share and compare here.

Neurologist Joe Riley made this graphic on his essay What Struck John?:

rfig15.gif

Edited by Micah Mileto

While the scalp is normally reflected forward in an autopsy, Robin, it is also normally reflected back. The "mystery photo" proves it was not reflected back. Well, it follows that the normal procedure was not employed and that we have no reason to believe it was reflected forward.

And then there's all that other stuff on my website like the measurements and the proportions of the drainage hole, etc. All of this proves the photo was not taken from above looking down on the forehead.

Of course none of that prepared me for my most unexpected discovery--that the supposed crack on the forehead was really the handle of a medical instrument sticking out of the cranium.

crackinthefacade.jpg

Edited by Pat Speer

Thanks Pat

I understand what you are saying regarding the scalp reflection at the back not being seen.

I still have an open mind regarding your version and will continue to look at all options.

In regards to the scalp reflection at the back not being seen

Since day one i have always seen this area in red as the "scalp reflection" at the back of the skull.

Be7_hi.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

This is the only orientation i can get, when i place the "specimen jar" sitting on the autopsy table in the UPRIGHT position.

The dark area just below the specimen jar is blood from the open cavity as the head rest on the autopsy table

Be7.jpg

From Pat's website:

Lettherebelightgray.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger