The Education Forum

Infiltration of this forum

Paul Brancato

I'm not going to bother to name names. I am going to say flat out that the assassination debate here is losing its focus. I could post my objections on some other thread, but I just can't resist putting them up front. No lefties here are licking their wounds. I am not waiting for, or needing, this president to get involved with the document release scheduled this year in order to know for sure why JFK, MLK, RFK were murdered. Any Trumpers posting here who have not at least become disillusioned already, weeks into Trump's presidency, cannot have anything interesting to say about our history. They are ignorant. 

Lets hear what you have to say about Steve Bannon being appointed to the NSC. How many of you think this is some kind of necessary house cleaning? You don't drain the swamp by inundating it with the biggest alligators around. If you support Bannon, or Muslim banning, you are a racist, pure and simple. And you need to read up on the Weimar Republic.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Lets hear what you have to say about Steve Bannon being appointed to the NSC. How many of you think this is some kind of necessary house cleaning? You don't drain the swamp by inundating it with the biggest alligators around. If you support Bannon, or Muslim banning, you are a racist, pure and simple. And you need to read up on the Weimar Republic.

I have no television. I watch no television. I have lived that way for many years with only a couple of brief exceptions. I know how clueless I come across to many people. Without television, or without following Bannon by reading his stuff or visiting his websites, it is more possible than you can imagine, to not have a clue as to what he is about. 

What people who watch TV cannot imagine is how clear it Is to me how much the MSM is dividing and tearing us apart. 

If I am one of the unnamed subjects of your post, I'll say how clear it is to me that many, nearly all people today, are not comfortable unless they can put someone in their left or right pocket. Avoiding TV as I do, I have not been radicalized one way other, so I don't fit in any pocket, right or left.

Being a long time sceptic of the media, intelligence services and criminal administrations, I would applaud anyone who is successfull at knocking down and tearing apart the latter two entities that I just mentioned.

I do wish that this administration would do something to minimize the fear felt by people on the left. 

Killyourtelevision

Michael

Michael - what do you read for information? 

I don't disagree with criticism of msm in the past. Not at all. But they are finally stepping up now, print and tv.

This would have been like Kennedy having Larry O'Brien at the Ex Comm.

Not a chess game Michael. We are all here with real names and to me that means verifiable points of view. You claim you have too much time on your hands these days and are posting a lot because of that. You are as far as I can tell a new member, post election I think - not double checking on that. If you're reading Breitbart or other news sources that I would view as fake or overly biased, I'd like to know so that I can put your posts in context. I have nothing to hide in this regard, you can ask me anything. Your posts have been confusing - that's why I asked. You are of course entitled to your own points of view about the world, but a forum like this is trying to determine facts. Yes, opinions abound and sometimes masquerade as facts. But I sincerely want to know what happened on Nov 22, 1963, and with some help from long time students and writers here, and my own voluminous reading, I've learned a lot. And I really care. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't mourn the events of the '60's.

I think Paul, that people have come to believe that they can figure out what "school" a person comes from in just a few minutes, a short conversation, or what memes they give a "like" or repost. I kind of think that that is true, for the most part. I don't style myself as the "politically mysterious guy", I don't wave flags or banners, put bumper stickers on my car or repeat what talking heads are saying. I have always been politically ambiguous to myself and people around me. If I register in a party it is because I want to vote in that party's primary. Come Election Day, I vote for my choice of candidate.

In today's political climate, asking someone where they get there news is like asking someone how they vote, how much they make, whether they pray and how they pray, etc. I don't ask and I don't answer those questions unless it is a friend, but a friend will already know those things. I am fine with being judged here on what topics I address and how I address them. I'm not ok with being judged by where I get my news or who I vote for. This forum is concerned with the JFK assassination. The garden variety politics I don't involve myself with, unless there is some relationship to the topic at hand. Rarely do I add my 2 cents if it does not have relevance to the forum subject. I think that is the way it should be.

Cheers, 

Mike

I have no problem with the question.

I do not watch TV either.  I would say that I might have watched it for about 50 hours in all of 2016, which includes watching my beloved Packers.

I do not subscribe to newspapers or magazines.  I get my information through the web. Whenever I need to supplement something I go to the library or order a book off of Amazon.

As per what I post here or at Kennedys and King, i usually base that info off of my own personal library, which consists of about 300 books.  About 125 or so of those concern JFK, MLK, RFK or Malcolm X. And also the CD of Probe Magazine, which contains a wealth of information on the four cases.

The reason I do the above is that I have little or no confidence in the MSM.  Period.  And I think much of the so called liberal blogosphere has turned out to be only slightly better.  Something like Huffpo is OK for news, but as far as telling us how or why something happened, forget it. IMO, the liberal blogosphere has been largely a big disappointment. With very few exceptions, it is a waste of time, money and hope.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

Yes - I should have asked where you get your information. I too use the web, very cautiously these days, with as much fact checking as I can.

Michael - I want to be clear my list wasn't aimed at you. Since you responded I engaged. How long have you been interested in the JFK assassination? What have you read about it?

43 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Michael - I want to be clear my list wasn't aimed at you. Since you responded I engaged. How long have you been interested in the JFK assassination? What have you read about it?

What list?

Paul, If you were an admin who had serious concerns about my identity or intentions I would be glad to answer you. If this were a matter of friendly "hi, how ya doin. Nice to meet ya"' banter, I would, likewise have no problem answering your questions. As it is, however, you have posted a thread about the forum being "infiltrated" and you are now quizzing me on that thread. There is no chance that I'll be submitting to your questions under these circumstances. 

Have you looked at my profile, and read through my posts, and come up with anything to lead you to think that I am "infiltrator"? What is more, I recall defending you, not long ago, when someone suggested that you were a Marxist and subtly suggested that you were lyxxg about it. Do you recall that? Has the role of the Grand Inqusitor been handed off to someone else? 

To be sure I have stated twice, perhaps thrice, once in reply to YOUR inquiry, that I did not vote for a particular candidate. Rest assured I will never do that again.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by Michael Clark

I just want to know what happened on 11/22. I think John Kennedy was the real deal.  He and his family didn't have to get involved in politics.  His Dad was worth $200 million back then, but his Dad encouraged his family to get involved for the greater good.  I think that is sorely missing today and has been for a long, long time now.

I know I cause a lot of eye-rolling when I always take the opportunity to say - yes, 11/22 DID change the course of American history.  I really believe that the fxxxed up mess this country finds itself in started on 11/22.  To some, they're going to say "baloney."  Fine - think whatever you want.  But you cannot deny that if Kennedy had lived, things would have continued to be reasonably upbeat and positive in America.  And if not - if by some crazy reason Kennedy had screwed up while in office - fine, then he would have been voted out like other presidents have.

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Michael - what do you read for information? 

I don't disagree with criticism of msm in the past. Not at all. But they are finally stepping up now, print and tv.

https://www.mediabiasfactcheck.com 

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Michael - the word list was a typo. I did tell you that you were not the target. You have self identified as a target. You used the phrase 'gambit refused'. All I did was ask you where you got your news. You're being defensive and taking this personally.

I agree with the most recent point of view you expressed, which is that the murder of JFK changed the course of our history in completely negative ways.

So, who is rolling their eyes when you say that? Your friends, or someone here?

towards something I posted which did not reference you at all. If you are  

Edited by Paul Brancato