The Education Forum

Alternative Ruby Timeline

Greg Parker

The Guardian (27th November, 2006)

Anti-terrorist detectives are poised to fly to Russia and Italy in an effort to solve the fatal poisoning of the Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko.

But as John Reid, the home secretary, said the police inquiry had been upgraded from an "unexplained" to a "suspicious" death, experts voiced doubt at the theory that anyone acting alone could have used the isotope polonium 210 to kill Mr Litvinenko. One scientist said polonium 210 would only kill so quickly if combined into a "designer toxin" with another isotope, beryllium, in a complicated process that would require state sponsorship. Such a process was used by Britain in early atomic weapons in the 1950s.

"No individual could do this," said John Large, an independent nuclear consultant. "What you are talking about is the creation of a very clever little device, a designer poison pill, possibly created by nanotechnology. Without nanotechnology you would be talking about a fairly big pill, a pea-sized pill. Either way you are looking at intricate technology which is beyond the means and designs of a hired assassin without a state sponsor."

He said the likely poison pill that killed Mr Litvinenko would have to have been manufactured in a special laboratory over two or three weeks and then used very quickly - possibly within 28 days - because the half-life of the isotope polonium is only 138 days.

Senior police officers are drawing in experts from the International Atomic Energy Authority, and from the Atomic Weapons establishment at Aldermaston. Every option is being considered, from Kremlin involvement to the theory that Mr Litvinenko's work in the anti-corruption unit of the FSB, Russia's MI5, created enemies with the means and knowledge to assassinate him.

It is a shame that these questions were not asked when Jack Ruby died.

• 1 month later...
The Guardian (27th November, 2006)

Anti-terrorist detectives are poised to fly to Russia and Italy in an effort to solve the fatal poisoning of the Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko.

But as John Reid, the home secretary, said the police inquiry had been upgraded from an "unexplained" to a "suspicious" death, experts voiced doubt at the theory that anyone acting alone could have used the isotope polonium 210 to kill Mr Litvinenko. One scientist said polonium 210 would only kill so quickly if combined into a "designer toxin" with another isotope, beryllium, in a complicated process that would require state sponsorship. Such a process was used by Britain in early atomic weapons in the 1950s.

"No individual could do this," said John Large, an independent nuclear consultant. "What you are talking about is the creation of a very clever little device, a designer poison pill, possibly created by nanotechnology. Without nanotechnology you would be talking about a fairly big pill, a pea-sized pill. Either way you are looking at intricate technology which is beyond the means and designs of a hired assassin without a state sponsor."

He said the likely poison pill that killed Mr Litvinenko would have to have been manufactured in a special laboratory over two or three weeks and then used very quickly - possibly within 28 days - because the half-life of the isotope polonium is only 138 days.

Senior police officers are drawing in experts from the International Atomic Energy Authority, and from the Atomic Weapons establishment at Aldermaston. Every option is being considered, from Kremlin involvement to the theory that Mr Litvinenko's work in the anti-corruption unit of the FSB, Russia's MI5, created enemies with the means and knowledge to assassinate him.

It is a shame that these questions were not asked when Jack Ruby died.

There should be a very special emphasis [as I am sure there will be] on any alternative Ruby timeline regarding the day of Kennedy's assassination, there is on this thread, allusions of "problems" re reliance on the official version's with a very special emphasis on the morning of the assassination. ie 10:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M. relying on Hugh Aynesworth as a impartial witness as to Jack Ruby's whereabouts should be immediately suspect as he was more or less a CIA asset [ie official party line re non-conspiracy] I would not believe anything the man said re: The Kennedy Assassination, in any way, shape or form;

Aynesworth was also one of, if not THE last person to see David Ferrie alive, before his ostensible "suicide."

A Church Committee investigator wrote that "David Ferrie was running when he died."

There are also other accounts, regarding Ruby on the day of the assassination which, believe it or not place Jack Ruby in the Texas Theater when Oswald was arrested, [see George Applin] An automobile which was being pursued by a Dallas Police officer which got away but whose description fit that of Jack Ruby.

Both of the latter stories were written by Earl Golz in the late 1970's who IMO was the BEST Dallas writer re the JFK Assassination. If the National media had 100 writers of the calibre of Earl Golz and his dedication to truthfulness, this country would be all the better for it.

Tony Zoppi helped muddle the waters as much as Hugh Aynesworth did, although you wouldn't know it down in Big "D," Zoppi was instrumental in promoting a mythos of Jack Ruby who was more like the character of Jack portrayed by Danny Aiello in the movie than the real Jack Ruby.

Edited by Robert Howard

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the newsroom standing over the tickers when JFK was hit, and saw a lot of stuff in short takes that later vanished (only some of it resurfacing later), including the motorcycle cop chasing two or three guys with rifles running down the railway tracks till he got knocked off his bike when his front tire hit a sleeper. I did the first big story in the Post on Jack Ruby, which got played nationwide. Larry and Les and I tried very hard to hijack Bobby Baker's staionwagon when he moved all of LBJ's filing cabinets from the Capitol Hill office suite to Florida, hoping Baker would stop for coffee somewhere, but he didn't.

• 10 months later...

This is Wim Dankbaar, posting under Mark Johannson, because I lost my password, and cannot login. John Simkin, could you please render some assistance and reply to my email on this matter?

How exactly did the story that Ralph Meyers stayed in the Cabana emerge? Reportedly Penn Jones brought this story. But does anyone know what his evidence or indications were?

Wim

This is Wim Dankbaar, posting under Mark Johannson, because I lost my password, and cannot login. John Simkin, could you please render some assistance and reply to my email on this matter?

How exactly did the story that Ralph Meyers stayed in the Cabana emerge? Reportedly Penn Jones brought this story. But does anyone know what his evidence or indications were?

Wim

While Penn Jones may have mentioned that Ralph Meyers stayed at the Cabana, Dallas journalist Earl Golz went to the Cabana and obtained copies of their records, including those of Jim Braden and his associates. Golz did not get records that indicated Ralph Meyers was registered there.

I think Golz is still alive and living in Texas.

What's your interest in Ralph Meyers?

BK

• 5 months later...

Wim

While Penn Jones may have mentioned that Ralph Meyers stayed at the Cabana, Dallas journalist Earl Golz went to the Cabana and obtained copies of their records, including those of Jim Braden and his associates. Golz did not get records that indicated Ralph Meyers was registered there.

BK

Somewhere along the way, the actual date of death of Alfred McLane, cited by Earl Warren in his very interesting conversation with Jack Ruby seems to have been distorted....

The following is a reprint of the actual news story.

Thursday Mar 17, 1960

The Corpus Christi Times

Hit-Run Car was politician's

A New Jersey Republican leader surrendered to police yesterday in connection with the hit and run accident that killed a Dallas attorney who was driving in a taxi. Alfred E. McLane 38, died several hours after the two-car collision Wednesday. His skull was fractured. A companion of McLane’s, Lorraine Redding, 32 escaped with a shaking up. She is a fashion model. The cab driver San Simon 60, of New York was uninjured. After McLane’s death, an Englewood N J Republican Party leader — Howard J. Cox 60, surrendered voluntarily to police and was booked on charges of vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, and drunken driving. Police quoted Cox as saying, he stopped his car, got out and decided nobody in the car was injured. Then he said he became panicky and fled. McLane had arrived in the city and registered at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel only an hour before the accident. Cox, former Bergen County GOP Chairman and a retired steel company executive said he learned of McLane’s death from a radio broadcast. He then called his attorney, Stanley Lowell and the pair went to police headquarters.

There was also a corroborating story in the Dallas Morning News

• 2 weeks later...

Wim

BK

Somewhere along the way, the actual date of death of Alfred McLane, cited by Earl Warren in his very interesting conversation with Jack Ruby seems to have been distorted....

The following is a reprint of the actual news story.

Thursday Mar 17, 1960

The Corpus Christi Times

Hit-Run Car was politician's

A New Jersey Republican leader surrendered to police yesterday in connection with the hit and run accident that killed a Dallas attorney who was driving in a taxi. Alfred E. McLane 38, died several hours after the two-car collision Wednesday. His skull was fractured. A companion of McLane's, Lorraine Redding, 32 escaped with a shaking up. She is a fashion model. The cab driver San Simon 60, of New York was uninjured. After McLane's death, an Englewood N J Republican Party leader — Howard J. Cox 60, surrendered voluntarily to police and was booked on charges of vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, and drunken driving. Police quoted Cox as saying, he stopped his car, got out and decided nobody in the car was injured. Then he said he became panicky and fled. McLane had arrived in the city and registered at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel only an hour before the accident. Cox, former Bergen County GOP Chairman and a retired steel company executive said he learned of McLane's death from a radio broadcast. He then called his attorney, Stanley Lowell and the pair went to police headquarters.

There was also a corroborating story in the Dallas Morning News

Robert, Many thanks for that notice. I had missed it earlier.

John Judge says there's a Jersey connection to every conspiracy.

BK

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...

The timeline that opened this thread is gone or is just not appearing on my device. 

BK's October 27th post with timeline is missing most of October and all of November of 1963.

Here is an interesting thread with some info. The WC testimony of officer Harry Olson places him at the Jackson at Field st. garage (behind the Carousel?). Olson says that he is at that garage at midnight on 11-22-63, with Jack Ruby. Ruby is usually placed at the police station at that time.

Mr SPECTER. What was the purpose of going to a garage at Jackson and Field?

Mr OLSEN. We knew the man who worked there.

Mr SPECTER. What was his name?

Mr OLSEN. Johnny is all I know him by.

Mr SPECTER. What sort of work did he do at that garage?

Mr OLSEN. He was an attendant.

Mr SPECTER. Why did you want to go see him?

Mr OLSEN. To talk.

Mr SPECTER. For any special purpose?

Mr OLSEN. No, sir.

Mr SPECTER. Do you recollect about what time you arrived at that garage?

Mr OLSEN. Oh, 12, approximately.

Mr SPECTER. Did you see Johnny when you were there?

Mr OLSEN. Yes, sir.

Mr SPECTER. Did you see anybody else while you were at that garage?

Mr OLSEN. Yes, sir.

Mr SPECTER. Who else did you see?

Mr OLSEN. Jack Ruby

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/3497-dpd-officer-harry-olsen/

Cheers, Mike

• 1 year later...

It looks like Greg's original timeline is no longer available. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks in advance.