Photo analysis JR at Midnight press conference

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

This is interesting.

FLIF disc jockey, Danny McCurdy told the FBI that Jack called him about 1:00 and showed up at the station about 20 minutes later.

In his deposition in vol 20, McCurdy said that Glen Duncan, and Russell Moore (Russ Knight) were also there when Ruby was present.

In his Jack Ruby trial testimony, Glen Duncan said he took Jack Ruby's call at around midnight or shortly thereafter.

Surprisingly enough, that deposition also says that Pappas (fnu), newsman for WNEW, Radio,  New York City was there. Can that be true?

I just delved back in to my notes and it gets worse. lol

I have it written down that it was at 1:20am that Ruby called KLIF and at first he was put to the 'control room' (perhaps speaking to McCurdy?) and then was 'transferred' to Glen Duncan and Ruby first managed to get Wade on the phone to Duncan, then Ruby got back on the phone with Duncan who told him that they couldn't get Wade on tape there, and then Ruby told him that he had sandwiches for them and Ruby was told to bring them over but Duncan says he can only leave the door open for 5 minutes. As Ruby makes to leave he encounters Russ Knight (with a tape recorded) and Ruby takes him over to Wade and introduces the two and Knight gets a taped interview with Wade... Ruby then leaves to go to the radio station but misses the '5 minute deadline' and waits around until Knight gets back and opens the door for Ruby (at 1:50). Inside, Knight and McCurdy mention Doctor Black's celery tonic... a few minutes later Ruby is in the control room with McCurdy whilst Duncan and Knight prepare the 2am news Ruby gives McCurdy a card for Carousel Club and Pappas eats a corned beef sandwich but doesn't see Ruby. I've also written down that Ruby left at approx 2:45am and that was when he ended up at the garage.

Something is not right there.

Regards

Testimony of George Senator:

Mr. SENATOR. After he had woken me up on Saturday morning, there was a bunch of sandwiches still wrapped that hadn't been distributed, and--I don't know--I had no idea how many he bought or how many he had made, but he still come home with maybe 6, 8, 10, or 12 of those sandwiches.
Mr. GRIFFIN. What kind of sandwiches were they?
Mr. SENATOR. I think they were corn beef and pastrami on rye, if I remember right, on rye bread. This I do remember, and they were still on the kitchen table, and as a matter of fact they were in two bags, if I remember right. They were in two bags. I think he had some cake too, that he bought in the delicatessen.
Mr. GRIFFIN. You saw that Saturday morning when you got up?
Mr. SENATOR. Yes.

-------------------------------------------

Mr. GRIFFIN. Do you remember any discussion with Jack about those sandwiches? Mr. SENATOR. Yes; he had been to the police station and .he had passed out a lot to various policemen or plainclothesmen. I don't know who. I don't know who he passed them out to. But it seems like I gather that he must have had an awful lot of these made, or whatever it might have been. He must have had a slew of them made. Now why I did it I don't know.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Is this possible, that all you would have learned from him, you asked him "Where did you get these sandwiches" and he said "I got them for
the men at the police station but they didn't eat them"? Could that have been the conversation?
Mr. SENATOR. No; he passed out some; I know. He said he had passed out some sandwiches. As a matter of fact he even took some to his sister.

Mr. GRIFFIN. He took some sandwiches to his sister? When did he take the sandwiches to his sister?
Mr. SENATOR. That was sometime Friday.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Where did you learn that?

Mr. SENATOR. From Jack.

Edited by Michael Clark

Just fround this interesting bit from the following link: http://www.kenrahn.com/Marsh/Jfk-conspiracy/pgtwo.html

(NB: They put this as happening " in the early morning hours of Sunday " surely they mean early hours of Saturday?)

Jack spoke up making a correction on fact during the conference. And, Jack used a pay phone to call the KLIF hotline and spoke with Russ Knight and offered an interview with District Attorney Henry Wade to KLIF. Knight said they would love to interview Wade and Jack leaned out of the phone booth and had Wade come to the phone. KLIF got the interview and thanked Jack on the air for arranging it. Russ Knight then left KLIF with a recorder and made another interview with Wade and spoke briefly with Ruby.

Jack then called Dan Patrick, the all-night jock on KLIF, and said he had gone to Phil's Delicatessen and had picked up some sandwiches and soft drinks and would like to come bring them to all the guys working late at KLIF. Dan Patrick let him into the KLIF building at the Jackson Street entrance. At KLIF, Joe Long, Gary DeLaune, and Glen Duncan were still working on news coverage of the assasination. Network reporter Ike Pappas was also there. Jack watched them do the 2am newscast and later went into the control room and watched Dan Patrick do his show.

He stayed around a half-hour and left.

Testimony of Jack Ruby:

Chief Justice WARREN. I will be glad to talk that over, if we can. You might go right ahead, if you wish, with the rest of your statement.
Mr. RUBY. All right. I remained at KLIF from that moment on, from the time I got into the building, with Russ Knight. We talked about various things....

------------------------------

So I remained there until about 2 a.m., and we all partook of the sandwiches and had a feast there.
And they spliced the various comments they got back and forth of Henry Wade, of Russ Knight's copy--of Russ Knight's items of Henry Wade.

Chief Justice WARREN. Mr. Ruby, this is the young man, Mr. Specter. He is a member of our staff, and he comes from Philadelphia.

(Ruby shakes hands with Mr. Specter.)

Mr. RUBY. I am at a disadvantage, gentlemen, telling my story.
Chief Justice WARREN. You were right at the point where you had it about 2 o'clock in the morning, and you had had your feast, as you mentioned, and had talked to these men, and so forth. That was the last that you had told us.

Mr. RUBY. Well, lots of things occurred up to that. They talked pro and con about the tragedy.
At 2 a.m, I left the building. I drove--I was going to go toward the Times Herald Building, because as a result--

-----------------------------------
As I was driving toward the Times Herald with the intention of doing these things, I heard someone honk a horn very loudly, and I stopped. There was a police officer sitting in a car. He was sitting with this young lady that works in my club, Kathy Kay, and they were very much carried away.
And I was carried away; and he had a few beers, and it is so bad about those places open, and I was a great guy to close; and I remained with them--did I tell you this part of it?
Mr. MOORE .I don't recall this part; no.
Mr. RUBY. I didn't tell you this part because at the time I thought a lot of Harry Carlson as a police 
officer, and either it slipped my mind in telling this, or it was more or less a reason for leaving it out, because I felt I didn't want to involve them in anything, because it was supposed to be a secret that he was going with this young lady. He had marital problems. I don't know if that is why I didn't tell you that. Anyway, I did leave it out. His name is Harry Carlson. Her name is Kathy Kay. And they talked and they carried on, and they thought I was the greatest guy in the world, and he stated they should cut this guy inch by inch into ribbons, and so on.

And she said, "Well, if he was in England, they would drag him through the streets and would have hung him." I forget what she said. I left them after a long delay. They kept me from leaving. They were constantly talking and were in a pretty dramatic mood. They were crying and carrying on.
I went to the building of the Times Herald. I went to the Times Herald--

---------------------------

Kathy Kay is running with Officer Olsen, and Officer Carlson? Ruby has the names mixed-up, or they changed names to protect the guilty.....

Edited by Michael Clark

40 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Testimony of George Senator:

Mr. SENATOR. After he had woken me up on Saturday morning, there was a bunch of sandwiches still wrapped that hadn't been distributed, and--I don't know--I had no idea how many he bought or how many he had made, but he still come home with maybe 6, 8, 10, or 12 of those sandwiches.
Mr. GRIFFIN. What kind of sandwiches were they?
Mr. SENATOR. I think they were corn beef and pastrami on rye, if I remember right, on rye bread. This I do remember, and they were still on the kitchen table, and as a matter of fact they were in two bags, if I remember right. They were in two bags. I think he had some cake too, that he bought in the delicatessen.
Mr. GRIFFIN. You saw that Saturday morning when you got up?
Mr. SENATOR. Yes.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Does that recall anything further to your mind?
Mr. SENATOR. No; now this here I never even told anybody. I never even told this to anybody. This is the first time that I have ever exposed this. It don't matter who is questioning me, this is the first time. Now why didn't I think of this?
Mr. GRIFFIN. This is not so extraordinary.
Mr. SENATOR. No; you may say it is trivial or it may be trivial to me.
Mr. GRIFFIN. That is the kind of a thing that you might forget and that is also the kind of thing that as you look back from this period of time----
Mr. SENATOR. I have been trying to think as much as I could. Now I gather I can remember this part, this one here.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Do you remember any discussion with Jack about those sandwiches?
Mr. SENATOR. Yes; he had been to the police station and .he had passed out a lot to various policemen or plainclothesmen. I don't know who. I don't know who he passed them out to. But it seems like I gather that he must have had an awful lot of these made, or whatever it might have been. He must have had a slew of them made. Now why I did it I don't know.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Is this possible, that all you would have learned from him, you asked him "Where did you get these sandwiches" and he said "I got them for the men at the police station but they didn't eat them"? Could that have been the conversation?
Mr. SENATOR. No; he passed out some; I know. He said he had passed out some sandwiches. As a matter of fact he even took some to his sister.
Mr. GRIFFIN. He took some sandwiches to his sister? When did he take the sandwiches to his sister?
Mr. SENATOR. That was sometime Friday.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Where did you learn that?
Mr. SENATOR. From Jack.

Could Senator be 'conflating' here?

Earlier on, during the Friday (late) afternoon Ruby had visited the Ritz delicatessen and picked up a 'tonne' of food to take to his sister Eva Grant.(see below). 

Mr. GRIFFIN. When Jack came back to your apartment the second time, what did he have with him?
Mrs. GRANT. Enough groceries for 20 people.
Mr. GRIFFIN. What did he have? How many grocery bags did he have?
Mrs. GRANT. He went down to the car to get another load of it. You figure it out. Six big bottles of pop, or whatever you call it. A pound of corned beef. A pound of tongue. He had four meats, a pound of each.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Did he have----
Mrs. GRANT. A pound of lox, which is smoked salmon, and some smoked fish, and he bought onions and oranges and a variety of six different kinds of cakes.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Were they things that he would have gotten at the Ritz Delicatessen?
Mrs. GRANT. All but the vegetables. He bought vegetables and fruit.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Did he tell you where he got those?
Mrs. GRANT. I didn't ask him.

The sandwiches he took to the KLIF radio station (Which were originally intended for the Police, but turned down by Sims) were bought at Phil's delicatessen at approx. 10:15pm (10-12 corned beef sandwiches with mustard and 10 'soft drinks'). (see below from Ruby's testimony)

I stopped at the delicatessen called Phil's on Oak Lawn Avenue, and suddenly I decided--I told the clerk there I wanted him to make me some real good sandwiches, about 10 or 12, and he had already started on the sandwiches and I got on the phone.
I called an officer by the name of Sims and I said, "Sims, I hear you guys are working," and so on. I said, "I want to bring some sandwiches." And he said, "Jack, we wound up our work already. We wound up what we were doing. We are finished what we were doing. I will tell the boys about your thoughtfulness, and I will thank them for you."

Could it be as simple as, at some time Ruby took some of the food from his sisters back to his apartment and also took home the 'leftovers' from the KLIF, and when Senator saw all the food and was listening to Ruby relate his story he combines it all in to one? Just a thought of course.

Regards

P.S. I need to delve in to the testimony of Senator more because I can't quite get my head around his 'timeline' in regards to that Saturday morning yet. ;)

Alistair, basically Senator says that Ruby woke him up, before dawn, picked-up Crafard, drove around.    Took pics of the billboard, went to the post office, then to the Southland cafe and then home, around daybreak.

His testimony, over two days changes slightly. On the first day of testimony he says that he cannot remember anything til Saturday evening. The next day of testimony, seemingly under pressure (to me) he sort-of remembers having a drink with a friend at the Burgunby room and later, 7PMish, has a drink with the same guy at the same place. He remembers nothing more.

I have not found testimony from the guy at the post office or anyone at the Southland Cafe yet. If I did, I read it before I started taking notes. The whole Pic/post office/Southland cafe thing may have never happened, and that may explain why it makes no sense. The Polaroid pics are a thin slice of evidence on that sandwich.

Cheers, 

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

8 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

I have not found testimony from the guy at the post office or anyone at the Southland Cafe yet. If I did, I read it before I started taking notes. The whole Pic/post office/Southland cafe thing may have never happened, and that may explain why it makes no sense. The Polaroid pics are a thin slice of evidence on that sandwich.

* Webb's Waffle Shop on the ground floor of the Southland Hotel.

Just as a point if interest:

Louis Meeks. Dallas, saw Ruby and 2 other men in Webb's Waffle Shop, Dallas, from about 4:45 a.m. until about 6 a.m