The Education Forum

Is that ... (Gasp) ... Billy Lovelady Talking With Gloria Calvery on the Steps?

[Moved here from another thread and retitled.]

Bob Prudhomme and I were arguing about this subject about a year ago on this forum  He said the person directly below Prayer Person's right elbow (the arm next to the wall) was Lovelady, rising from a crouching position (while talking to someone in front of him?).  I said it wasn't Lovelady, but a woman wearing a light-colored head scarf walking slowly up the steps.  Since then, I've started to change my mind.  I've come to realize that the person could, indeed, be Lovelady.

At the very very end of this GIF (below), we can see the light-colored face / head of the person in question rise above the plane of Prayer Person's forearm, so I can't understand why Bill Miller says the person there is not "rising" (getting up from a crouching position or walking up the steps).

I'd hate to think that William has been blinded by cognitive dissonance.

is_it_lovelady_rising_up_zpstld23app.gif

--  Tommy :sun

Edit:  

In some of the un-blurry "frames" of this GIF you can see Lovelady's white t-shirt under his darker shirt, his eyes and mouth, and hair on the side of his bald forehead.

You can even make out some of the plaid pattern of his shirt.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2017 at 12:34 AM, Robin Unger said:

As I understand it Bob Prudhomme's Lovelady is supposedly the person seen against the west wall, just under Prayermans right elbow.

Darnellstabilized2.gif

Robin,

That's correct.

In some of the un-blurry "frames" of this GIF you can see his white t-shirt under the darker shirt, his eyes and mouth, and hair on the side of his bald forehead.

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 2/13/2017 at 7:04 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Bob Prudhomme and I were arguing about this subject about a year ago on this forum  He said the person directly below Prayer Person's right elbow (the arm next to the wall) was Lovelady, rising from a crouching position (while talking to someone in front of him?).  I said it wasn't Lovelady, but a woman wearing a light-colored head scarf walking slowly up the steps.  Since then, I've started to change my mind.  I've come to realize that the person could, indeed, be Lovelady.

At the very very end of this GIF (below), we can see the light-colored face / head of the person in question rise above the plane of Prayer Person's forearm, so I can't understand why Bill Miller says the person there is not "rising" (getting up from a crouching position or walking up the steps).

I'd hate to think that William has been blinded by cognitive dissonance.  LOL

is_it_lovelady_rising_up_zpstld23app.gif

Edit:  

In some of the un-blurry "frames" of this GIF you can see Lovelady's white t-shirt under his darker shirt, his eyes and mouth, and hair on the side of his bald forehead. You can even make out some of the white stripes in the plaid pattern of his shirt.

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

I would also like to be quoted as I do not recall saying the figure being claimed to be Lovelady did not move up a step - I do recall saying I so not believe this person was rising up from a sitting position

It is my opinion that the image is to degraded so to ID this person in my opinion. The blurring effect even hinders making a measurement of this woman's person against the people standing on the sidewalk for the same reason for some frames make it look as though the woman may have lowered her position slightly.

.And lastly - where is Bill Shelley and how does the look back from on the steps to see Truly and Patrolman Baker about to enter the doorway from the other side of the extension some 25 steps away from the stairs then play out?

5 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

I would also like to be quoted as I do not recall saying the figure being claimed to be Lovelady did not move up a step - I do recall saying I so not believe this person was rising up from a sitting position

It is my opinion that the image is to degraded so to ID this person in my opinion. The blurring effect even hinders making a measurement of this woman's person against the people standing on the sidewalk for the same reason for some frames make it look as though the woman may have lowered her position slightly.

.And lastly - where is Bill Shelley and how does the look back from on the steps to see Truly and Patrolman Baker about to enter the doorway from the other side of the extension some 25 steps away from the stairs then play out?

Dear William,

LOL

On 2/14/2017 at 10:26 AM, Thomas Graves said:

Robin,

That's correct.

In some of the un-blurry "frames" of this GIF you can see his white t-shirt under the darker shirt, his eyes and mouth, and hair on the side of his bald forehead.

I think the shirt is no whiter/brighter looking than the right arm is.

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear William,

LOL

Must be a joke that I am missing. Are you saying that Truly and Patrolman Baker did not immediately run up the steps and into the TSBD before anyone else?

Edited by Bill Miller

33 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Must be a joke that I am missing. Are you saying that Truly and Patrolman Baker did not immediately run up the steps and into the TSBD before anyone else?

I think he is picking on you for the awkward sentence, highlighted in red.

17 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

I think he is picking on you for the awkward sentence, highlighted in red.

Nope. That's not it, Detective Clark, although now that I've read it again, I do see your point.

MY roundabout point was that, IMHO, not all the images (plural) in the GIF are so degraded as to make it impossible to identify the figure in question as Billy Nolan Lovelady.

Edited by Thomas Graves

4 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Nope. That's not it, Detective Clark, although now that I've read it again, I do see your point.

MY roundabout point was that, IMHO, not all the images (plural) in the GIF are so degraded as to make it impossible to identify the figure in question as Billy Nolan Lovelady.

My point was that none of those images were clear enough for anyone to positively ID that person as Lovelady. I mention that the Darnell film supports what Lovelafy and Shelley said about Truly about to go through the front door when they glanced back from the Island. That two witnesses who were inside the building on the first floor stated that Truly and  a Policeman were the first people to enter the building

Troy Eugene West

Mr. BELIN - Did you hear any shots fired?
Mr. WEST - I didn't hear a one. Didn't hear a one.
Mr. BELIN - Did you see anyone else on the first floor while you were eating your lunch? Anyone else at all did you see on the first floor?
Mr. WEST - It wasn't anybody. I didn't see anybody around at that time.
Mr. BELIN - At any time while you were making coffee or eating your lunch, did you see anyone else on the first floor?
Mr. WEST - No, sir; I didn't see.
Mr. BELIN - Who was the first person you saw on the first floor after you - while you were eating your lunch? Someone came in the building?
Mr. WEST - Yes; before I got through. The officers and things were coming in the front door.
Mr. BELIN - Who was the first person or persons that you saw coming through there while you were eating your lunch?
Mr. WEST - Well, that was the police.
Mr. BELIN - A police officer?
Mr. WEST - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - Anyone else?
Mr. WEST - I guess it was a bunch of them, I guess, FBI men, and just a crowed of them coming in there.
Mr. BELIN - Did you see Roy Truly coming in at all that time? Do you know Mr. Truly?
Mr. WEST - Yes, sir; that is the boss, the superintendent.
Mr. BELIN - Did you see him, do you remember, while you were eating your lunch, come in the building?
Mr. WEST - Yes, sir; I think he came in with the police.

Eddie Piper

Mr. BALL. You understand since this is a continuation of your deposition you are under oath still?
Mr. PIPER. Thank you; I appreciate it.
Mr. BALL. Your deposition has been taken?
Mr. PIPER Yes; that's right.
Mr. BALL. I'm going to just ask you a few questions.
Mr. PIPER. Sure, that's all right.
Mr. BALL. You told us that after the shooting you came out onto the floor?
Mr. PIPER. That's right.
Mr. BALL. And the first people that you saw on the floor after the shooting was who?

Mr. PIPER. Mr. Truly and some fellow---I really don't know who it was; like I say, it was some fellow that was with Mr. Truly.
Mr. BALL. Some fellow; how was he dressed?
Mr. PIPER. Oh, I don't know.
Mr. BALL. Was he an officer?
Mr. PIPER. Yes; I believe he was an officer.
Mr. BALL. A police officer?
Mr. PIPER. Yes; a police officer.

17 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

The blurring effect even hinders making a measurement of this woman's person against the people standing on the sidewalk for the same reason for some frames make it look as though the woman may have lowered her position slightly.

You believe the guy in this video (alleged Lovelady) is a woman?

On 2/15/2017 at 6:05 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

is_it_lovelady_clip_zpsmgg5il8g.gif

That Baker and Truly did not go up those stairs immediately has been more than evident Bill Miller.There are several factors.

Posting this West and Piper stuff again has no bearing whatsoever, and again I accuse you of trolling.

Put Molina's and Frazier's statements next to it!

See Baker's route

Peggy Joyce Hawkins

Truly speaking to Brennan

etc.

I suggest you stop wasting everyone's time and get some fresh air dude.