The Education Forum

What evidence is there that Lee Harvey Oswald beat Marina?

Sandy Larsen

First of all I remind the readers of the marital privilege clause  about compelling someone to testify against their spouse. Now if one does not believe that the Feds were twisting  both of Marina's arms, I would say they are extremely naive. Probably the "biggest" and and most pronounced statement of pure resounding fiction would be Marina telling the Commission that she took those back yard pictures. Those photos are a fabrication intended to frame Oswald and I don't care who doesn't agree.

I was always curious...Where were those backyard pictures printed?

It was demonstrated that Marina didn't even know which end of that camera was up. [It was a twin lens reflex]

Does anyone find it strange that no other pictures were ever offered or produced?  [Conceivably taken with that camera] Where are the family pictures? A little girl playing in the park? Family life in Dallas...Oak Cliff....Fort Worth? I have a copy of 'Marina and Lee' by Priscilla McMillan ....there is nothing [really] ....photos in Moscow [A cover photograph and you can't even see the child]

No shutter bugs were these people.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl:

As I just told Rich, whenever you need a review of a book or a topic, its good to go to Kennedys and King.com

We employ a  platoon of writers and we cover a lot of topics.  Jeff Carter wrote a very nice article on the BYP that took a different angle of approach.  There were other photos on the camera.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/a-new-look-at-the-enigma-of-the-backyard-photographs-parts-1-3

Did Priscilla McMillan or Norman Mailer or any other writers/researchers who focused on Marina ever mention a possible suicide situation with Marina while she and Lee were together and struggling and that was brought out in either the Warren Report interview or the HSCA one?

I copied and pasted this suicide subject exchange between Marina and her questioner where Marina acknowledged this situation but immediately became upset enough over it's mention that the questioner dropped the subject. The questioning was brief as she requested it be stopped.

Marina did say before the topic was dropped that Lee had admonished her so sternly for her actions ( which were not described in detail ) that he slapped her and made her go to bed. Perhaps Oswald was angry that she would even consider doing something that would leave their young daughter Junie without a mother?

To me, this story ( if true) is much more worthy of debate and discussion than I've ever seen here or anywhere.

I haven't read McMillan's book on Marina, but I do wonder if she knew of this traumatic situation between Marina and Lee yet perhaps left it out of her book upon Marina's asking?

This much is certain...In their eagerness to portray Oswald as a "deranged and dangerous man", the Commission staff paraded these Russian community people through with no other objective in mind. They were not witnesses to anything violent or the authorities would have surely been notified.

If it hasn't been mentioned before, I have notebooked a text from the testimony of Robert Oswald. Very strange......

Mr. JENNER. For the purpose of the record, would you read the first three words and the last three words of the page to which you are making reference?
Mr. OSWALD. "Sunday, January 13, 1964. Jim advised that"----
Mr. JENNER. That is on the first line?
Mr. OSWALD. Yes, sir. The last line is "told her this story."
Mr. JENNER. All right. Proceed, sir.
Mr. OSWALD. We had a discussion----
Mr. McKENZIE. Pardon me just a second.
For the sake of the record, let me state this. A copy of this diary has been furnished to the Commission, photostated by the Commission, and Mr. Jenner has it in front of him.
Mr. JENNER. I will qualify it, Mr. Chief Justice. But I didn't want to take Your Honor's time at the moment, because I do want to cover another subject while you are still here. Proceed, sir.
Mr. OSWALD. What prompted my question as to whether or not Lee was ill while he was in Russia was the followup of a conversation that we had in relation to an incident that occurred some time in the year of 1963. I am not able to place the date of that purported incident. I was advised at that time in reference to this incident that on one day, that Lee was going to shoot at or shoot Mr. Richard M. Nixon, that Marina N. Oswald locked Lee Harvey Oswald in the bathroom for the entire day.

Who could believe this? Robert [supposedly] barely knew that woman.

Mr. OSWALD. Yes, sir, in reference to Mr. Nixon?
Mr. JENNER. Yes.
Now, you have alluded to Mr. Nixon in testifying with respect to your conversation on the subject of illness with Marina.
Mr. Chief Justice, if I may, I will read the entry on that particular date, and will wish to question the witness about it.
"Sunday, January 13, 1964. Jim advised that Marina told him that Lee wanted to"--and there are a series of five dashes, followed by the letters, "NMR, also, but Marina locked Lee in the bathroom all day. This was confirmed later this day by Marina. On the way to the cemetery."
Is that in your handwriting?
Mr. OSWALD. Yes, sir; it is.
Mr. JENNER. Would you please supply, if suppliable, what is indicated by the three dashes preceding the letters "NMR" and identify what the letters "NMR" refer to?
Mr. OSWALD. If I may, sir, correct you there.
There are five dashes there. And the word "shoot" was my intention to blank there. And the initials "NMR" stands for Richard M. Nixon  

Fantastic! I think NMR meant Not My Rear-end

Mr. McKENZIE. In her own words, Robert, try to reconstruct exactly what was said to you from the time you left Jim Martin's house until you went--in Dallas, Tex., until you arrived in Fort Worth, Tex., at the cemetery.

Mr. OSWALD. On this subject, to the best of my knowledge, Marina said to me, "Robert, Lee also wanted to shoot Mr. Nixon." And, at that time, I believe I gave her the statement that "Yes, Jim told me about this when we were sitting in the den that afternoon."
Mr. JENNER. You say you gave her the statement--you mean that is what you said to her?
Mr. OSWALD. Yes, sir.
And she made her statement, referring to this incident of Mr. Nixon.
And then she related----
Mr. JENNER. What did she say?
Mr. OSWALD. I might say this, sir. In practically the same words that Mr. Martin had told me, because he had reportedly received the conversation from Marina, within her limited English--it rang a bell to the extent that the words were close to being the same to the way Mr. Martin had related it to me.
It was a very brief statement on her behalf that Lee was going to shoot Mr. Richard M. Nixon, and that she, Marina N. Oswald, locked Lee in the bathroom all day.

The same Lee who supposedly bullied her and beat her black and blue? And poor Marina managed to slam him into the bathroom ..lock him in and Lee sat helpless and content in there all day?

I contend that both the brother and the wife were lying their cans off.
Lee [so accused] was going to gun down Edwin Walker...Richard Nixon...Abraham Lincoln...& anybody and everybody else that got in his way.