The Education Forum

What do The Fonz and Bikinis have in common with the JFKA?

I’ll use this post for hints.  This is a speculative theory, it requires participation and I hope it is well received. It should be fun. If you get annoyed, you are doing it wrong..

Hint #1 - Operation Mockingbird

Edited by Michael Clark

I did a bit of quick internet reading on the character of the Fonz who apparently was only allowed at first to wear his leather jacket when he was seated on his motorcycle because the network thought a leather jacket sent the wrong message.  

Other than that, I have no idea how his character ties into JFK.

For the bikini, it had a lot of media push in the early 60's in popular culture...but again that the closest I can get to media sending a deliberate message.  

So, yes, I am stumped.

6 hours ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

I did a bit of quick internet reading on the character of the Fonz who apparently was only allowed at first to wear his leather jacket when he was seated on his motorcycle because the network thought a leather jacket sent the wrong message.  

Other than that, I have no idea how his character ties into JFK.

For the bikini, it had a lot of media push in the early 60's in popular culture...but again that the closest I can get to media sending a deliberate message.  

So, yes, I am stumped.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for participating. I’ll think of another hint. Perhaps I’ll send you a hint through PM for participating. Maybe that will be a good way to move along, sending hints to participants and sharing hints on the thread as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini

“While the two-piece swimsuit as a design existed in classical antiquity,[8] the modern design first attracted public notice in Paris on July 5, 1946.[9] French automotive engineer Louis Réard introduced a design he named the "bikini", adopting the name from the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean,[10][11] which was the colonial name the Germans gave to the atoll, transliterated from the Marshallese name for the island, Pikinni.[12]

Four days earlier, the United States had initiated its first peacetime nuclear weapons test at Bikini Atoll as part of Operation Crossroads..”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Days

....spotlighting the previously minor character of Fonzie, a "cool" biker and high school dropout.[2] Following these changes, Happy Days became the number-one program in television in 1976–1977, Fonzie became one of the most merchandised characters of the 1970s