The Education Forum

A Couple of Real Gems from the "Harvey and Lee" Website

20 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Tommy,

You said:  "....when he came to the U.S., how are we to explain, then, the fact that "Harvey" spoke such grammatically-correct, Hungarian and Russian accent-free English later in life?"

Or maybe she's an example is what should be expected of kids in her and Harvey's situation... having moved to the U.S. at a young age and then fully immersed in an English speaking environment for several years straight.

I believe that the key to the grammatically correct, accent free, learning of my ex-wife and Harvey is the total language immersion in both casse.

Sandy,

"Give it up."  LOL 

In that post I was trying to say that your "Harvey" didn't speak with a Hungarian or Russian accent.

By the way, have you seen my recent posts about Gloria Calvery, Stella Mae Jacob, Gloria Jeanne Holt, et al.?

Your input would be greatly appreciated, especially since Bart posted a video yesterday (on his Anatomy of A Second Floor Encounter thread) of a recent interview with 11/22/63 witness Karen Westbrook in which Westbrook, IMHO, misidentifies Gloria Jeanne Holt as Gloria Calvery in the Z-film.

Thanks,

--  Tommy  :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy,

"Give it up."  LOL 

In that post I was trying to say that your "Harvey" didn't speak with a Hungarian or Russian accent.

Well I know that. And that furthermore -- in your opinion -- that wasn't to be expected. Which is what I was refuting.

24 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

By the way, have you seen my recent posts about Gloria Calvery, Stella Mae Jacob, Gloria Jeanne Holt, et al.?

Your input would be greatly appreciated, especially since Bart posted a video yesterday (on his Anatomy of A Second Floor Encounter thread) of a recent interview with 11/22/63 witness Karen Westbrook in which Westbrook, IMHO, misidentifies Gloria Jeanne Holt as Gloria Calvery in the Z-film.

Yeah I saw that and I wanted to respond. But I got so frustrated that I gave up.

I have an awful memory for names, and because of stupid PhotoBucket replacing photos with their logo when they did, I can no longer easily tie the names of those people to their photos.

But my understanding is that the woman being interviewed in Bart's video is claiming that that blond headed woman is Gloria Calvery, and that she is a red head. Which is wrong on at least one count. I've never seen a red head who hair is so light that it comes out looking blond in B&W.

Besides, we know that Gloria Calvery's hair is dark, not blond. I thought it was a dark brown, but I suppose it could be a darker shade of red. But I'm not sure I would trust even that information from the woman interviewed in Bart's video. She misidentified Gloria Calvery for sure, and I think she misidentified herself. Then she says Oswald and the others ate lunch on the second floor, when all indications are that they ate lunch on the first floor in the domino room. Can we trust anything this woman says? (It's beyond me how she could get the lunchroom wrong. Could it be that she's the only one who's got it right?)

Anyway I think I've got to get serious about recovering my photos from PhotoBucket before they decide to purge their hard drives.

6 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Well I know that. And that furthermore -- in your opinion -- that wasn't to be expected. Which is what I was refuting.

Yeah I saw that and I wanted to respond. But I got so frustrated that I gave up.

I have an awful memory for names, and because of stupid PhotoBucket replacing photos with their logo when they did, I can no longer easily tie the names of those people to their photos.

But my understanding is that the woman being interviewed in Bart's video is claiming that that blond headed woman is Gloria Calvery, and that she is a red head. Which is wrong on at least one count. I've never seen a red head who hair is so light that it comes out looking blond in B&W.

Besides, we know that Gloria Calvery's hair is dark, not blond. I thought it was a dark brown, but I suppose it could be a darker shade of red. But I'm not sure I would trust even that information from the woman interviewed in Bart's video. She misidentified Gloria Calvery for sure, and I think she misidentified herself. Then she says Oswald and the others ate lunch on the second floor, when all indications are that they ate lunch on the first floor in the domino room. Can we trust anything this woman says? (It's beyond me how she could get the lunchroom wrong. Could it be that she's the only one who's got it right?)

Anyway I think I've got to get serious about recovering my photos from PhotoBucket before they decide to purge their hard drives.

Thanks Sandy. 

No wonder this murder case is so confusing. 

"Eyewitnesses"

And in this case .... Interviewing a close-up witness to a very traumatic event fifty-five years later?

LOL

--  Tommy  :sun