The Education Forum

A Couple of Real Gems from the "Harvey and Lee" Website

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

He acted differently in the cozy confines of home with his mother than he did in public. He told her to get him some food and she jumped up and did it. No mystery here and no 2 Oswalds required to understand.

Researcher Greg Parker has pointed out that Oswald may have suffered from Asperger syndrome.  If true, it could account for his acting awkwardly or strangely in some social situations. 

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Researcher Greg Parker has pointed out that Oswald may have suffered from Asperger syndrome.  If true, it could account for his acting awkwardly or strangely in some social situations. 

--  Tommy :sun

It also may account for his exceptional abilities in some respects and less than stellar abilities in others. I.e. His ability to plck-up Russian very well; yet, look at his diary, his spelling sucks.

Cheers,

Michael

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Let's tabulate the evidence.

Evidence that the treatments were given onshore:

• Most of the treatments are stamped "NAS Navy 3835," the designator used for the Naval Air Station at Atsugi. Surely the ship would have had its own designator. That only makes sense.
  • The top of the medical records are marked "East Camp." That sounds like an onshore description, not a description of being onboard a ship.
  • Small ships like the USS Skagit do not have doctors today, and likely would not have 50 years ago either. A ship without a doctor surely would be one without a lab as well. Since the first prescription for a smear test specifically states "To Lab for Smear," the sample must have gone to an onshore lab. (It's possible that Navy Corpsmen were trained to do simple smear tests. So I won't consider that as evidence for onshore treatment.)
  • Oswald was treated by a doctor (Dr. Kuehn). Given that doctors aren't assigned to small ships now, and likely wouldn't have been 50 years ago, it is likely that Oswald was treated onshore by Dr. Kuehn. At Atsugi.

Evidence that the treatments were given onboard the USS Skagit:

• None. Except that Oswald would have to be in two places at once. Unless there were two of him.

Greg Parker has a post on the Skagit:

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1399-the-skagit-according-to-a-former-crew-member

Hmmm....

As far as I can tell, Greg Parker is banned from this website.  That's why W. Tracy Parnell can only point to G Parker's bullsh!t.  Is G. Parker just making up his sources, AGAIN? Of course he is!   Why doesn't Parker just NAME his source?  Can't we learn who it is?  I didn't think so!

To W. Tracy Parnell....

Here's a real chance for you to put Greg Parker's "evidence" into your own words explaining how "LHO" attended PS 44 in New York City and Beauregard Junior High School in New Orleans at the same time.  You keep telling us Parker has an "explanation."  Why don't you put that "evidence" into your own words RIGHT HERE?  RIGHT NOW?

Nah, it won't happen.  Your Parker links are bs.....

25 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Hmmm....

As far as I can tell, Greg Parker is banned from this website.  

From what I can tell, Greg is in self imposed exile. Something happened and he posted that he won't participate until he received an apology, or some other admin action was taken.

Cheers,

Michael

The way I try to explain this to people is that the Russian-speaking impostor (Harvey Oswald) was always being given a taste of American-born Lee Oswald’s life, so he could eventually “defect” to the Soviet Union and appear to be a red-blooded American.  But he really only had a taste of Lee Oswald’s life.

Couldn't  help posting the above from days ago by Jestering Jim.

But OMG it just keeps  on getting  funnier and funnier. This truly is the thread that keeps on giving.

Edited by Michael Walton

10 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Hmmm....

As far as I can tell, Greg Parker is banned from this website.  That's why W. Tracy Parnell can only point to G Parker's bullsh!t.  Is G. Parker just making up his sources, AGAIN? Of course he is!   Why doesn't Parker just NAME his source?  Can't we learn who it is?  I didn't think so!

To W. Tracy Parnell....

Here's a real chance for you to put Greg Parker's "evidence" into your own words explaining how "LHO" attended PS 44 in New York City and Beauregard Junior High School in New Orleans at the same time.  You keep telling us Parker has an "explanation."  Why don't you put that "evidence" into your own words RIGHT HERE?  RIGHT NOW?

Nah, it won't happen.  Your Parker links are bs.....

No need to put it "into my own words." Anyone can go to his site and read it and agree or not with that or anything he says. They are his words and his opinions that I believe deserve to be seen by members here and he makes some good points. As far as sources, you'll have to ask him. I don't think providing links (even from a banned member) is against forum rules, if it is, they can let me know and I'll stop. despite what you say, I do not call people names and I don't condone it. My only goal is to provide factual information and members can make up their minds.

When Tracy Parnell gets in trouble and can’t explain away the evidence for two Oswalds, he tends to provide a link to a private website run by Greg Parker, pretending the answer is there.  Parnell did so when he couldn’t explain how Oswald could go to school simultaneously New York City and New Orleans, and he is doing so again now regarding “Oswald” in Taiwan and Japan simultaneously. 

At the site linked by Parnell, Parker claims, without even providing a name, that he has contacted someone from the U.S.S. Skagit.  I guess we have to trust him that he has actually done so.  And so the question becomes, how trustworthy is Greg Parker?

Here's one example.  On May 30, 2015, Parker made a post on this forum claiming that photo files I had made available to forum members contained the Delta Home virus.

parkers_virus.jpg?dl=0

Parker went on to make other claims about how much he was suffering from the malware I had inflicted on him.  I knew this was unlikely because I had already scanned the files for malware before uploading them to a temporary directory at HarveyandLee.net.  

But I decided to go one step further and contact the support team at my website’s host, an outfit called Bluehost.  We had a lengthy text chat about Parker’s imaginary virus, and after it was completed indicating the files contained no malware, Bluehost sent me a transcript of the chat.  Here are some excerpts:

Chat ID: 4590482. Question: Provider: Bluehost - My Domain is: "HarveyandLee.net" Hi, I put up three .jpg files in a temporary directory this morning, and someone who doesn't like me claims they contain the Delta Homes virus. I see no evidence this is true. Is there anyway your server checks for this? The files are in the directory xxxxx/Temp and are named: FWST.jpg WW-Photo-1.jpg WW-Photo-2.jpg

11:24:53amJames

Okay you are verified. Let us see what I can do for you. Give me just a moment to look at them, and see what I can find. I'll also get a malware scan running if I don't see anything directly.

11:25:33amJim Hargrove

Thank you! I ran the latest version of ClamAV on all three files before uploading, and came up "no threats"

11:27:59amJames

They don't seem to look bad to me, either. Just a moment, making sure with a scan.

11:34:12amJames

Other than them being very interesting from a historical standpoint, I'm not seeing any evidence of malware or a virus on them. Let me get Terms of Service to run a deeper scan, see if there's something else. Will take me a moment to contact them.

12:04:45pmJames Scan's aren't showing any malware, from what we're seeing.

No one else on the forum complained about a virus.  It was obvious Parker was just making this up.  Later that same day, Don Jeffries summarized the silly business this way:

And now, what will happen to Greg Parker, after he warned people not to click on the links Jim Hargrove posted on the Frankenstein picture thread? These were harmless, legitimate links, provided by Jim in order to further the debate. Maybe Greg'a computer is different from all others, and strangely susceptible to viruses that don't exist. The alternative is that Greg was falsely labeling Jm's links as dangerous, when clearly they weren't. Imagine how Greg would respond to someone saying that about any links that he provided. I can hear the demands for a public apology now. Maybe he'd even start one of those dramatic "countdowns" he tried to use once with me. Regardless, you will never see an apology from Greg on this or any other forum.

See Don’s post HERE.

Really trustworthy guy, that Greg Parker.  I can see why Tracy Parnell relies on him when the going gets tough!

18 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:
On 4/1/2017 at 2:52 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Let's tabulate the evidence.

Evidence that the treatments were given onshore:

• Most of the treatments are stamped "NAS Navy 3835," the designator used for the Naval Air Station at Atsugi. Surely the ship would have had its own designator. That only makes sense.
  • The top of the medical records are marked "East Camp." That sounds like an onshore description, not a description of being onboard a ship.
  • Small ships like the USS Skagit do not have doctors today, and likely would not have 50 years ago either. A ship without a doctor surely would be one without a lab as well. Since the first prescription for a smear test specifically states "To Lab for Smear," the sample must have gone to an onshore lab. (It's possible that Navy Corpsmen were trained to do simple smear tests. So I won't consider that as evidence for onshore treatment.)
  • Oswald was treated by a doctor (Dr. Kuehn). Given that doctors aren't assigned to small ships now, and likely wouldn't have been 50 years ago, it is likely that Oswald was treated onshore by Dr. Kuehn. At Atsugi.

Evidence that the treatments were given onboard the USS Skagit:

• None. Except that Oswald would have to be in two places at once. Unless there were two of him.

Greg Parker has a post on the Skagit:

https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1399-the-skagit-according-to-a-former-crew-member

I checked out Greg Parker's arguments. Here they are along with my responses:

1. Greg contacted a former Skagit crew member, who reported back the following:

"Skagit had a fully equipped and staffed sick bay. Treatment for NSU (Non-specific urethritis) and the Clap ( Gonorrhea) only required Penicillin and restriction to the ship (no liberty)."

Well there's no surprise there. I've already reported that today's ships the size of the USS Skagit have a sick bay and are staffed with a couple of corpsmen, but no doctors. (And I assumed that they were no different 50 years ago.) Greg's contact mentions no doctor. I said that, if there is no doctor, there likely would be no lab. Greg's contact mentions no lab. That they have penicillin is no surprise to me. I'm sure they have several other commonly prescribed drugs on board as well.

2. Greg claims that a specific WWII era Australian ship -- the Whang Pu -- had "accessory services such as those for pathological work."

The link to the source doesn't work, so I couldn't confirm it. But it's irrelevant anyway. Just because the Australian government provides something doesn't mean the American government does as well.

3. Greg says that the "[medical] record for October 6 has the hand-written notation that Oswald had been 'doing heavy lifting recently.' Oswald’s duties at Atsugi required no such heavy lifting. That was not the case when the Skagit docked at Kaohsiung where the work was all heavy lifting." And therefore this indicates that Oswald was indeed aboard the ship during the period of treatment.

I'm sorry, but I cannot believe that Greg could possibly know whether or not Oswald did any heavy lifting while at Atsugi Naval Base.

4. Greg says, " When you go to a doctor, by the reasoning of these people [Hargrove,etc.], your address should be noted as the address where the consultation took place. "

I find it odd that Greg put the least amount of effort in this, his final argument. Because it is the only one that makes some sense.

He's essentially saying that the stamped-on code, "NAS Navy 3835" in Oswald's case, refers to the patient's address, not the address of the facility treating him. In other words, where the patient is stationed. I don't know whether that is true or not, but it does seem reasonable.

So I plan on taking #4 off the list of evidence I made a few days ago.

However, first I would like Jim Hargrove to weigh in on this. Specifically about Oswald's treatment at the other hospital near Atsugi Naval Base. That hospital has a different four-digit designation. If that hospital's number was stamped on Oswald's medical record, that would tell us that the number designates where the patient is treated. If, on the other hand, the Atsugi 3835 number was stamped on the record, that would tel us that the number designates where the patient is stationed.

What say you, Jim?

Edited by Sandy Larsen

40 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I checked out Greg Parker's arguments. Here they are along with my responses:

1. Greg contacted a former Skagit crew member, who reported back the following:

"Skagit had a fully equipped and staffed sick bay. Treatment for NSU (Non-specific urethritis) and the Clap ( Gonorrhea) only required Penicillin and restriction to the ship (no liberty)."

Well there's no surprise there. I've already reported that today the Skagit has a sick bay and is staffed with a couple of corpsmen, but no doctors. (And I assumed that they were no different 50 years ago.) Greg's contact mentions no doctor. I said that, if there is no doctor, there likely would be no lab. Greg's contact mentions no lab. That they have penicillin is no surprise to me. I'm sure they have several other commonly prescribed drugs on board as well.

So What say you, Jim?

Sandy, according to Wikipedia the Skagit was scrapped in 1974.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Skagit_(AKA-105)

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

Sandy, according to Wikipedia the Skagit was scrapped in 1974.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Skagit_(AKA-105)

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks. I just fixed that sentence. It now reads " I've already reported that today's ships the size of the USS Skagit have a sick bay and are staffed with a couple of corpsmen, but no doctors. "

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Jim Hargrove said:

When Tracy Parnell gets in trouble and can’t explain away the evidence for two Oswalds, he tends to provide a link to a private website run by Greg Parker, pretending the answer is there.  Parnell did so when he couldn’t explain how Oswald could go to school simultaneously New York City and New Orleans, and he is doing so again now regarding “Oswald” in Taiwan and Japan simultaneously. 

Parker provides an explanation I believe is reasonable. It is up to members to decide how valid the explanation is. I make no claim that I have any other explanation for this situation other than the records are wrong. There is plenty of other evidence that indicates there were not 2 Oswalds so the case does not rest on this single point.

And so the question becomes, how trustworthy is Greg Parker?

I do not wish to take sides regarding arguments that have occurred here in the past. Each member can go to Parker’s site and read the information there if they wish. The best way to evaluate that information is on the merits of each argument, not by fights that may have occurred between members at EF in the past.

On the subject of fighting on this board specifically regarding the H&L issue, I would encourage all the members here to attack the ideas and not the individual. Everyone can get carried away at times and that is human nature. But it is clear that Parker no longer posts here as a result of this fighting regardless of who may be to blame. And that is unfortunate for those interested in the discussion of H&L since he has done some excellent work in that regard.