The Education Forum

"Frenchy" Kent Brouillette

AKA "Mr. New Orleans". Nearly the same age as Oswald. He was Murdered not long ago. There is very little information on him. Has anyone seen Frenchy cross their path while looking into this case?

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

Photo-posting gurus..... 

Googling  "Kent "Frenchy" Brouillette" will bring-up mug shots of Frenchy from June of '64.

Googling "James Files" will bring-up two guys; one playing guitar (Files), and one in sunglasses.

I have been wondering if Frenchy Brouillette might be the guy in sunglasses.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

• 1 year later...

I read the book shortly after it came out.

It seemed to me the memoirs of a mob-tied crook and conman who spent much of the time he was writing about in an alcohol or drug induced haze, but who improbably outlived most of his criminal contemporaries. 

An example of how he tried to reconstruct his memories: He mentions Louis Armstrong playing piano at the Old Absinthe House.  Of course Armstrong played trumpet, not piano.  The house pianist for many years of that time was Walter "Fats" Pichon, fairly well known locally.  Brouillette as a not-well-educated white from small town Jim-Crow era Louisiana who came to the city may well have found it surprising that a "colored" musician would be given the level of respect to have a sign advertising him by name where he was playing. Louis Armstrong was a colored musician Brouillette had heard of, so apparently he just assumed that's who it must have been. 

Some incidents are written about as if they're funny, but have sinister aspects.  He writes about volunteering to kill and dispose of the body of a woman; he drives her to a shallow bayou within the city and throws her off the bridge, but all that happens is she gets wet and muddy and runs away. The incident is presented as if it's slapstick comedy.  Unstated is what happened to the woman later - I'd presume some more professional killer would have been sent out to finish things.

Frenchy Brouillette claims Marcello bragged about having had JFK killed.  Whether or not such a brag was made, it neither proves nor disproves direct involvement. 

Local coverage of Brouillette's murder & the arrest of the apparent murderer. 

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/article_663c9f9f-89bc-5acf-93b4-486ff50c9176.html

https://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/12/frenchy_brouillette_murder_arr.html