The Education Forum

The "inconvenient" POMMEL on the scope of the 7.65 MAUSER

21 hours ago, George Sawtelle said:

Michael

The Lane video probably was made in 1974, but when was the interview of Craig and Carle?

I think that interview took place before Craig's book was published, sometime in 1971. I could be wrong however.

George, like I noted above,....

Mark Lane says, at the 3:00 mark, that the INTERVIEW was done in April 1974.

The Interviewer was one Lincoln Carle.

Roger Craig was suicided in May of 1975; days after Weitzman was interviewed and identified Bernard Barker (Watergate Burgler) as a fake Secret Service officer on the Grassy Knoll.

The video, Two Men In Dallas, was released 1976.

Lincoln Carle is also listed in the credits at the end of the final segment.

IMDB entry: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3680604/

Part 1, to check the 3:00 minute mark for the interview date, and Identification of the interviewer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QyvRfeLDsB4

Part 5, has information in the credits at the end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=COKE8gVTOuU

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, George Sawtelle said:

Michael

Refer to www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft7KGYRB6sg

Underneath the video it is written ... This is a complete interview with Roger Craig which some excerpts are in Mark Lane's Men in Dallas.

George, The drop-down comments on that video read:

1975 interview with Dallas Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig. Interviewer: Ted Ganfoldo. This is the complete interview with Roger Craig which some excerpts are in Mark Lane's Two Men In Dallas. 

--------------------------

I am inclined to think That Mark Lane is correct when he states in his Video, Two Men in Dallas, at the 3:00 minute mark, that it was an April 1974 Interview by Lincoln Carle. The voice of the interviewer sounds the same to me. 

Edited by Michael Clark

Michael

Excerpts from earlier interviews were included in interviews in the 70's. 

Don't you find it strange that Craig did not mention "mauser on the barrel" in the Ganfoldo interview.

Craig had backed off  "mauser on the barrel" statement. Weitzman had indicated he was mistaken earlier about the mauser.

I think it was an honest mistake by Weitzman and Craig. Craig had faith in Weiztman's knowledge of rifles and embellished his statement which is only human.

48 minutes ago, George Sawtelle said:

Michael

Excerpts from earlier interviews were included in interviews in the 70's. 

The interview for Two Men in Dallas Videos, I believe, were done at one time. It appears that Mark Lane was not involved in the interview; I find that strange. It looks like he was involved for the final production only. I am thinking that Mark Lane may not even be correct on the 1974 year. It could have been 1975, just before Craig died, and Lane could have been mislead on that point.

Don't you find it strange that Craig did not mention "mauser on the barrel" in the Ganfoldo interview.

The Gandolfo videe seems chaotic and poorly done. The voice of Gandolfo sounds a lot like Lincoln Carle. Since it was poorly done, I am not surprised that points are missing.

Craig had backed off  "mauser on the barrel" statement. Weitzman had indicated he was mistaken earlier about the mauser.

I don't think they were mistaken. I think they were threatened and cajoled. Cronkite did not announce the change in rifle identification until Saturday night. That is too long for that to have gone unnoticed. The perps needed time to get the MC rifle in the hands of police. This is indicative of a change of plans, change of patsy, or someone screwed with the plans of another party. The MC rifle could not be announced until JFK's body would not be touched again, and no more bullets would surface. 

The Mauser was part of a plan to blame a pro-commie conspiracy. The MC rifle pointed to the lone nut. The Mafia and Anti -Castro Cubans made efforts to save the conspiracy angle. The Industrial-Far Right faction were presenting the Lone Nut scenario, and they almost had their plan foiled.

I think it was an honest mistake by Weitzman and Craig. Craig had faith in Weiztman's knowledge of rifles and embellished his statement which is only human.

I think Craig and Wetzman had it right, as did the other guys on scene. Unfortunately, evil as as much a human trait as is the ability to be mistaken.

Replies in blue above.

Edited by Michael Clark