The Education Forum

JFK Trivia Game

I think some useful tidbits of information can be acquired in a "question-and-answer" thread such as this.

If other people here want to chime in with their own JFK-related trivia questions, please feel free to do so.

FIRST QUESTION:

What was the first network radio or television media outlet to provide a bulletin concerning the shooting of President Kennedy on November 22, 1963? And what was the name of the reporter whose voice we hear in that first bulletin?

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

I think some useful tidbits of information can be acquired in a "question-and-answer" thread such as this.

If other people here want to chime in with their own JFK-related trivia questions, please feel free to do so.

FIRST QUESTION:

What was the first network radio or television media outlet to provide a bulletin concerning the shooting of President Kennedy on November 22, 1963? And what was the name of the reporter whose voice we hear in that first bulletin?

SECOND QUESTION:  Who was the "Leninoff (phonetic), a Mexican KGB agent [photographed] with Castro," which photo Angleton voluntarily started talking about in his 1976 private "interview" by two Members of the Church Committee?  

Hint: "Leninoff (phonetic)" was short, blond-haired, thin-bodied, very thin-faced, and 35 years-old in 1963. 

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1462&relPageId=81

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

7 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

Don't know the name or network, but didn't the reporter run into the TSBD and call the network?

No. You're thinking of either Pierce Allman of WFAA-Radio or Robert (Robin) MacNeil of NBC News. But neither of them provided the first bulletin on the network airwaves on 11/22/63.

Edited by David Von Pein

6 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

What was the name of the company on the service van parked at the intersection of Houston and Elm by the Dal-Tex at the time of the assassination?

I can't read the whole company name, but it starts with "Clean Towel &..."

CleanTowelandLinen_zps8c0dde8b.png

Edited by David Von Pein

5 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

What was the name of the company on the service van parked at the intersection of Houston and Elm by the Dal-Tex at the time of the assassination?

You mean the one in the background in this photo?

altgens2ThemotocadeinHoustonSt.jpg

--  Tommy :sun

4 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I can't read the whole company name, but it starts with "Clean Towel &..."

Oh, you must mean the one from Fort Worth.   LOL.  Way too easy.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hmmm, This is kind of a trick question.I would have thought it was a local Dallas Tv or radio. If it was national, I know you love CBS and Walter Cronkite, Dave. And all the reconstructions always make reference to Cronkite and CBS. I'd be curious as to which of the major networks was the first. I'd almost take a dark horse of ABC, since they seemed to not be concerned with looking official. They were  broadcasting from a basement, weren't they? I also think back then, it would get to radio before it got to TV.

Anyway, good trivia question!

21 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Hmmm, This is kind of a trick question. I would have thought it was a local Dallas TV or radio. If it was national, I know you love CBS and Walter Cronkite, Dave. And all the reconstructions always make reference to Cronkite and CBS. I'd be curious as to which of the major networks was the first. I'd almost take a dark horse of ABC, since they seemed to not be concerned with looking official. They were  broadcasting from a basement, weren't they? I also think back then, it would get to radio before it got to TV.

Anyway, good trivia question!

You're getting very close, Kirk. And you're correct---it was a RADIO network, not TV, which provided Bulletin #1.

But I was very careful with the wording of the question. I specifically said "What was the first network radio or television media outlet to provide a bulletin...?" "NETWORK" outlet. Not "local".

Want to try again?

Edited by David Von Pein