The Education Forum

Symbolworld.org

Cate

Hi folkes.

I run a website for symbol readers Symbolworld.org where we publish work by symbol users and we have just launched a new online Magazine eLIVE. At the moment the site is very popular with UK special schools but we are interested in branching out to more intanationally. We have a small international section, but would be veryinterested in having some more international articals on the site. So if any one would like to contriburte anything at all please contact contact@symbolworld.org.

I am working with Ganton School in Hull that is involved in the Seed Project, so there will be some fantastic inspiring stuff coming soon.

Or if you are interested in symbol communication, Writing with Symbols (by Widgit Software Ltd) is available in 16 Languages wws languages (sorry for the advertisment)

Cate

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Cate,

Symbol World is the very best site I know of for students with learning difficulties. In fact, the pupils in my class who are able to use the computer independently visit it several times a week in their free time. The bright attractive layout and the easy navigation enable them get round the site without adult help, and of course, the symbols help them to understand its content. We love the new eLIVE magazine on Symbol world too. It is so refershing for my pupils to find a site they can understand and enjoy freely without needing an adult to help them to read it.

Vivien :(

Edited by vmariau