The Education Forum

Putin Exhumes JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theory In Megyn Kelly Q&A

Putin Exhumes JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theory In Megyn Kelly Q&A On Election Tampering

From the article: “There’s a theory that Kennedy’s assassination was arranged by the United Sates intelligence services,” Putin began.

“So, if this theory is correct and that can’t be ruled out, then what could be easier, in this day and age, than using all the technical means at the disposal of the intelligence services, and using those means to organize some attacks  – and then pointing the finger at Russia.”

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/vladimir-putin-exhumes-jfk-assassination-004835276.html

Edited by Douglas Caddy

An oldie but goodine, we have actual KGN documents showing how hard they tried to push that scenario during the 1970's, leveraging it off Hunt and Watergate...its in the Mitrokhin archives. Putin seems to be increasingly channeling his KGB background.

Larry

1970 to 2016 46 years did Putin wake up the ghosts of 1970 and sprinkle them on 2016?

Putin was probably about 10 years of age in 1970. It would have been an old school KGB agent who informed Putin of their 1970 exploits.

I thought communism was thrown out the window after they called Reagan daddy. The old KGB agents are no more. Neither the new or the old KGB agents make the news in this day and age.

George  I'm  confused  by your answer. All Putin said was if the intel agency could pull off the assassination  why would  we not think in this  day  and  age that they couldn't  create a false story with the Trump thing?

That's  all  he said. I'm  amazed that you took this and puffed it  up into something  more.

"1970 to 2016 46 years did Putin wake up the ghosts of 1970 and sprinkle them on 2016?

Putin was probably about 10 years of age in 1970. It would have been an old school KGB agent who informed Putin of their 1970 exploits.

I thought communism was thrown out the window after they called Reagan daddy. The old KGB agents are no more. Neither the new or the old KGB agents make the news in this day and age."

George, I'm afraid you just are not following the sources which focus a great deal of attention on the continuation of KGB practices through the SVB era post Cold War and into the FSB era which Putin has created. 

I would recommend "The New Nobility" by Andrei Soldatov and Irina Borogan and "All The Kremlins Men" by Mikhail Zygar for some good insights on what's going on in Ruddia and the reach of those within its long established intelligence network.

Those "old" KGB practices remain alive and well and are being reinvigorated with new technology.  I'm blogging about them a great deal because there is such continuity and folks need to become aware of that. And nobody needed to "inform" Putin as he was an experience KGB officer himself. Its a new world, Communism may have faced away but when you get down to it Russian political action and covert warfare practices today look a lot like they did when the Czar's were involved in the Great Game with the British. Deniability, shaping the political battlefield, economic hegemony - new names, new faces, new technology - same old story. 

Edited by Larry Hancock

What Putin is saying is that he thinks that either the CIA, or the NSA, camouflaged what they did and blamed it on Russia.

What the dubious Mitrokhin archives--and the more one learns about it, the more dubious it gets--is saying is that the Russians deliberately confused the JFK case; but not because they did it, or knew who did.  But as part of a psy war motif.

I don't have a dog in this fight.  But if you want some elucidation about this whole string of former Russian intel officers' books that made a killing selling their wares in America and England, read what Russian scholar Amy Knight wrote about them.Except she missed the first one: the Brian LItman produced  Passport to Assassination.  

Geez, Louise. Did anybody watch Putin's face when he pulled out his "You never know it could be the CIA" card? He was trolling. He interfered with our election. While he denied it--officially--he bragged about it on national television and dared us to do anything about it.

I mean, first he says it could have been done by Russian patriots. Then he says it could have been done by Megyn Kelly's three-year-old. Then he says you never know--it could be da boogie man CIA--I mean, they killed JFK, after all. Wink wink, nudge nudge. He acts as though all these things are plausible but that it's ridiculous to think that he (a former KGB official surrounded by corrupt oligarchs) could have anything to do with hacking our election. Meanwhile, Trump starts a tweet war on the mayor of London for saying something he didn't actually say.

Now watch, Trump and his team will continue to support Putin by insisting this whole Russia thing is the work of the "deep state."

It's all rather sickening, IMO. For decades, JFK researchers have been dreaming of a day when prominent politicians and their staff could openly raise the possibility Kennedy's murder was an inside job. Now that day has come. The only problem is that those doing as much are doing so to obfuscate the incompetence and corruption of a man who is pretty much the anti-Kennedy. Don't fall for it.

Edited by Pat Speer

Studying the Kennedy Assassination has become a rite of passage for many young recruits to the alt right. It appeals to their paranoid, delusional tendencies and feelings of victimization.

Always hate to disagree with Jim but I've dug deeply into it recently myself and there is a tremendous consistency in the Russian intelligence disclosures over some 40 years - not just in what was brought over from their side by their officers but in corroboration by FBI and CIA information essentially revealing the same practices from the other side. Of course everyone needs to make up their own minds of course and I always recommend primary research. However I find it entirely to easy to discount Russian covert action and political action practices based on a tendency to hold American and the West to higher standards or focus on their misdoings while giving the both the Soviets and Russians the benefit of the doubt. 

I find both equally culpable...but that's just me.

There is one reality that is like a stabilizing bar when the stated views and voices concerning major events and issues get so swirling and loud and confusing they are dizzying.

And that is ... to follow the money.  The big money.  

Money is power. It fuels the power ... and it's accompanying control.

If you can trace to some decently successful degree where the big money flows before, during and after major political, social and military events, you can more often than not see something more revealingly clear regarding the whos, whys and maybe even hows than through purposely heavy muddied waters. 

In the case of madly money acquisition obsessed Trump and his decades long Russian connections and his actions and words defending, down playing and even hiding these ( show us your tax returns! ) ... it's so easy to see the obvious.

In the case of JFK?   Same thing.... Big oil, Mafia, military contractors... but toss in murderous hatred of him by racists and paranoid extreme right political fanatics and fascists, hot headed Cubans ( many who lost their wealth there )  and established power icons afraid of losing their incredibly indulged above the law royalty thrones.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Please read Amy Knight's article :

http://algerhiss.com/media/books/reviews/amy-knight/

Pay special attention to the bit about the provenance of Mitrokhin's notes, they are not archives.  The guy apparently did not have access to a copier for all the years he worked for the KGB.  He then hooked up with the MI 6 official historian and pulled off a big megadeal with newspaper syndication and a book.

He says that the KGB helped finance Mark Lane's research on Rush to Judgment in New York.  Except Lane was not in NYC when he was writing the book, he was in London with Bertrand Russell.  And the largest contribution Lane got was from  Corliss Lamont, not a  likely suspect as a KGB courier.  The next largest contribution he got was from Woody Allen for fifty bucks--maybe Allen was launching his career with the KGB?

MItrokhin also implied that the KGB planted the story in Paesa Sera about Permindex.  As I have explained, this is very improbable since I have read those articles in translation, the whole six part series.  The idea that the Russians could put that together in about 48 hours after Clay Shaw was arrested strains credulity. Only Max Holland could buy that.

Then later there was another book which said Michael Foot was getting money from the KGB.  Rupert Murdoch liked that one of course. So he printed it in a syndication deal.  Foot sued.  Murdoch did not want to testify--I wonder why?--so he settled out of court.

When all of these books end up not having very much actual documentation, but are made up of notes that, at times, actually distort the original document; and they all say the same thing--that Joe McCarthy and J. Edgar Hoover were correct about the Red Scare, then that gives me pause.  Especially when they are then used by hacks like Holland  and Ann Coulter. As Amy Knight suggests, its a new form of intel commerce.  Yeltsin essentially decimated the Russian economy, including the government.  The ARRB could not get the Oswald file since they wanted too much money for it.  That would have been valuable since it really was documents.

But that is not the case with most of these others.  They are catering to the organized right in this country in a politically slanted way. While they then escape to the west and make a lot of money for giving guys like Murdoch what they wanted.  That is why its consistent.  The seller knows what people like Murdoch want.  And will pay for.  And its not that Alger Hiss was not a Russian agent.  

Like I said, I do not have a dog in this fight.  But the idea that 17 intel agencies signed off on the finding is not true.  Three of them participated.  The others signed off by rote.  Maybe the Russians did interfere, maybe they did not.  But what Putin is saying is not impossible or improbable.  Cyber hackers are ver sophisticated today.  You can disguise malware very easily and you can get it on the black market in different languages.  I learned this from studying the Sony hack. 

Is there any other country that would benefit more from a Trump presidential victory than Russia?

Trump seems to find something bad to say ( or tweet ) about all the rest outside of Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Philippines.

Just looking for common sense motive here.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe:

There are two issues here.

First is the whole Putin and the election aspect.  

The second is the issue of the former KGB  agents selling their  wares which are passed off as archives, which they are not.

For reasons stated above, I am dubious about the latter.

About the former, I don't know.  I would like to see the whole case.

I have no problem believing what Mitrokhin said about Lane. The right-wing spin was that Mitrokhin said Lane was funded by the communists. What the book actually related was that Lane was given a small sum of money by the communists, under a fake name, and that Lane had no idea this small sum came from communists.

Well, think about it. This would give them leverage over Lane. Now, did they ever use this leverage to insert an item into Lane's books, etc? I doubt it. But there's no reason to doubt they would set him up in such a manner.

Edited by Pat Speer