The Education Forum

Robert Tosh Plumlee recalls meeting Oswald

Robert Tosh Plumlee wrote on Facebook today:

There was a top secret program in the early to late fifties that would enlist your men who were, as some said, '... on their way to a penitentiary somewhere...' Some of the young men, who fit this mold, were recruited by the military. Some of these young boys were young as 15 years old. Some were homeless and Juvenile delinquents. These young men were assign to special operational programs and used as 'cut- outs' to shield secret operations. Most of the time the...se young men did not know what or how they were being used.

Lee Harvey, and myself, were two of these young men. I was Army in 1953 (15years old) and Lee was Marine. We met at Nags Head NC around 1957 and again in 1959 in Hawaii shortly before Lee went on assignment to Japan, where he later defected to Russia and married Marina. That was his operational assignment.

The US Government sent him to Russia as a defector and as a disgruntled American citizen and paid his way back to the USA. His duty assignment was to 'defect to Russia by telling the Russians he held Top Secret information about the U-2 program, radar tracking, and other matters.

This information (about young men as young as 15 years old being enlisted) was given to the United States Senate in 1964 and also to the FBI at Buena Vista Colorado. A map was drawn for them in reference to our assignment on the south knoll of Delay Plaza, in Dallas Texas, November, 1963. The CIA was furious about this secret information being released to the public. They started a "Character Assassination" program, worked covertly within operation Mockingbird.

I hope this helps you in some way as you investigate these matters ...

Robert Therrell: replied: A fellow from State Department told me that Lee Harvey Oswald was worth his weight in gold to Naval Intelligence and that after they killed him there were resignations all over the agency when they found out that they had burned one of their own. A fact not relayed to the American public.

Edited by Douglas Caddy