The Education Forum

JFK Declassified: Tracking Oswald Part 6

Programming alert:  the disgraceful multi-part series JFK Declassified: Tracking Oswald will air in a marathon session on Saturday, September 16, beginning at 6pm (Eastern time).

From the opening program, it easy to understand the thesis of the series:  Oswald shot JFK, but startling new discoveries made by former CIA case officer Bob Baer from newly-released documents indicate that Oswald had help!

For propaganda of the highest order, be sure to set the DVR!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Kennedys and King, we have a notice up near the top to contact the History Channel about broadcasting this terrible series.

We also have the contact info for them via fax and email.

Let us bombard them ASAP for putting on this absolutely insulting show that does NOT TRACK Oswald.

Caught part of it -- for lack of a compelling college football game on Tv -- tonight. Had not heard of it previously but figured it would be more of the same LN affirming tripe, so I was not disappointed.

I especially liked when they used their "military grade" sonar equipment and divers to search the swamps north of New Orleans after "discovering" the possibility, via the "newly-released" documents, that there may have been camps there used to train anti-Castro Cubans.

i think I "discovered" that by watching JFK 25 years ago.

• Joe Bauer
  • Members
  •  
  • 481 posts

I simply forgot about this thread after seeing the Baer series last night.

Reposting my latest message on this.

Where do these guys like Baer get the huge financial backing to fund these projects?  Who funded this?

While watching Baer and his Bill Gannon ( Dragnet ) like sidekick - whose main function seems mostly to give head nodding approval to Bear's speculations - fly all over the world and hire advisers and experts ( sound experts in Dealey Plaza- helicopters and pilots- marksmen recreating the kill shot using plastic skulls and watermelons as targets - and high tech equipment that looks like the average person could never afford let alone know exists ( wall scanners? ) I kept thinking of what all this cost?

Who green-lighted this project?  

How does something like this get on the national airways with incredible exposure, when several research/writers on this very forum could create something way more hard research evidence thorough and enlightening?

The format of this series was clearly thought out by experienced reality show producers and creators.

Controversial subject related shows centered around one main authority "expert" in various subject related fields ( like Bigfoot-UFO's, etc.  ) and provide them with an easy going soundboard sidekick or two to parrot the expert's questions and answers ... that relieves the viewing audience from the mental effort it might take to think of or about these on their own.

The viewers most unsettling ponderings and questions about these worrisome topics are brought up and subtly answered ( in a broad, reassuring, "everything's not as bad as the conspiracy nuts say it is folks!" way by the expert.

Is it just another coincidence that this nationally distributed documentary series was placed on the airwaves just at the same time the new JFK files were released, which of course would bring the JFK event topic and it's debate and discussion back into the national media spotlight for millions of Americans to see, read, hear and think about?

Edited by Joe Bauer

hi Joe

Expecting the mainstream media to cover this event objectively or honestly is a fool’s errand. The lone nut verdict is the Official Story, and so it will be, regardless of the facts, until it is no longer the Official Story (which may be never). On certain topics, the American press is, in effect, blatantly dishonest and rather Soviet. For example, contemporary U.S. mainstream reporting on Syria, Ukraine, or Russian hacking consists of mostly, provably, lies.

Was “Tracking Oswald” produced with an intention to deflect attention away from the new document release? Probably - although the producers would never confess to such. What could be at stake with a fifty year old story? In part it is credibility - of both the mainstream media (who have been blatantly dishonest) and the national security state (which could never admit to removing an elected president). Such dishonesty will likely continue until everyone who was alive at the time will have passed on. That was the express intent by classifying and locking away so much of the official record, as Earl Warren explicitly stated.

Here is Joseph McBride’s contribution to the “50 Reasons” series - discussing the mainstream media and their poor coverage of this case.

Edited by Jeff Carter

20 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I especially liked when they used their "military grade" sonar equipment and divers to search the swamps north of New Orleans after "discovering" the possibility, via the "newly-released" documents, that there may have been camps there used to train anti-Castro Cubans.

The irony about that is that Tommy Graves and I identified two camps north of New Orleans in a thread on this forum nearly two years ago. We used police reports, witness statements, previous research by Garrison's investigators and Google Earth. No sonar needed.

We could have given them the current street address of two of those locations if they'd have just asked.

I watched the last two episodes tonight. They were actually a bit better than I thought they would be. While the last episode focuses on the possibility Castro knew about the assassination, and listened to broadcasts from Dallas on the day of the shooting, courtesy double-agents within Alpha 66, it leaves unanswered whether those assisting Oswald believed him to be pro or anti-Castro.

This came as a surprise. From some of the initial comments on the series, I thought it was gonna conclude Alpha 66 was infiltrated with pro-Castro types, who killed Kennedy. It didn't do that. It concluded Oswald was involved with Alpha 66, and that some within Alpha 66 told Castro about the assassination, and that he allowed it to happen. it plays agnostic on whether it was his idea to begin with or not. In other words, the program is ultimately open to the possibility Kennedy was killed by Oswald (for reasons all his own) and members of Alpha 66 (because they blamed Kennedy for the Bay of Pigs). Well, one upon a time, this would have been considered a "conspiracy theory" and then quickly denounced by the mainstream media. That this program was not denounced by the mainstream media, but a product of the mainstream media, IMHO, means the "research community", surprise surprise, has made some inroads.

Now, none of this, of course, excuses the cheesy presentation, and all the pretend "discoveries" made in the series. I mean, they actually pretended they stumbled across Oswald's possible presence at 31 Harlandale... just stumbled upon it... when the series would never have been green-lighted if they hadn't known about it all along. I mean, really...it was kinda like watching a documentary about the Vietnam War through the eyes of a young Lt., where the producers of the film expressed surprise when they found out this Lt. (let's say Calley) was involved in war crimes. I mean, what a surprise!

Ultimately, the series is notable as much for what it failed to say as for what it did say. The main investigator in the series Bob Baer starts out wondering why he had trouble getting straight answers about the assassination when he was in the CIA. He ends up concluding Alpha 66 played a role in the assassination. Well, this leaves us to draw our own conclusions...but the obvious take-away for me is that former CIA agent Bob Baer now believes the CIA suspected anti-Castro Cubans  (some of whom were on their payroll) were involved in the assassination, and sought to keep this from the public.

By 1960's era standards, he's a CT.

11 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

From some of the initial comments on the series, I thought it was gonna conclude Alpha 66 was infiltrated with pro-Castro types, who killed Kennedy. It didn't do that. It concluded Oswald was involved with Alpha 66, and that some within Alpha 66 told Castro about the assassination, and that he allowed it to happen. 

Castro possibly knew ahead of time of the assassination and ... "he allowed it to happen." ?

What about "our own people" who may have known ahead of time of JFK'S  killing in Dallas and said nothing and perhaps "allowed it to happen?"

From little people like Rose Cheramie ( she knew but bears no guilt there) via Lousiana State Police officer Francis Fruge, Richard Case Nagell and also pre-11,22,1963 warnings sent through some FBI field offices and I am sure others. 

Allowing it to happen.

That is all the higher authorities have to do to make murders possible.

That is how high profile Mafia killings ( Paul Costellano? ) usually got done - with paid off police who simply pull back patrols or surveillance in just the right area and at just the right time.

And perhaps explains Ruby's access to the DPD's own building on the morning of 11,24,1963?

Edited by Joe Bauer