The Education Forum

The Paine Files

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/16/2017 at 10:53 PM, Ron Bulman said:

The first thread I posted on in the forum, Where's Ruth's Couch by Chris Newton contained a link that led to this picture I'd never seen. 

http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10897#relPageId=11&tab=page

I got excited when I saw two, two drawer file cabinets in the lower right part of the picture.  I thought are these the file cabinets I've read somewhere about a Dallas cop taking files from about pro Castro supporters?  Files that had disappeared?  Those in the picture were too big for Oswald to be toting around from Fort worth to Dallas to New Orleans, and Ruth back to Dallas since he came back from Russia.  No, those are not the files I'd read of, somewhere, sometime.  Dallas County Deputy Sherriff Buddy Walthers confiscated those on 11/22/63 and turned them over to Captain Will Fritz at the Dallas Police Department.  I've been looking and found nothing about them ever being seen since.  In his Warren Hearing testimony Walthers describes them as "little metal file cabinets...they would carry an 8 by 10 (11 1/2?) folder...but with a single handle on top of it".

https://www.jfk-assassination.com/warren/wch/vol7/page548.php

While he denies looking in them at one point near the end he remembers a letter head Michael Paine pointed out as "from the people he writes to in Russia".

He also mentions the files in his report on 11/22/63.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/html/WH_Vol19_0269b.htm

My contention is these files belonged to The Paines.  Between their family ties to intelligence and Michaels taking Lee to ACLU meetings, then a general Walker speech (???) and more this seems more plausible than the claim that they belong to Oswald. 

In Michel Paines bio here on the forum Mr. Simkin quotes Jim Di Eugino about the files.  While I've found a little more info, not much.  Any help would be appreciated.

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKpaineM.htm

I hadn't visited this thread in a while.  I still find the idea incredible.  Ruth Paine claimed Ozzie said he hitchhiked from New Orleans to Dallas after she moved Marina.  He did not tote the seven small file cabinet's while using his thumb.  They contained info on Cuban persons of interest to people in the CIA.  They were confiscated by the DPD and Dallas Sheriff's Office on 11/22/63.  Decker wanted nothing to do with them.  They were deep sixed while in possession of the DPD.  Who were infiltrated.  Hell, the Mayor was a asset since the mid 50's, his brother fired by JFK from the CIA after the BOP.  All that filtered down.   When discovered it didn't take long for them to disappear.

c

• 1 month later...

The first thread I posted on in the forum, Where's Ruth's Couch by Chris Newton contained a link that led to this picture I'd never seen. 

I got excited when I saw two, two drawer file cabinets in the lower right part of the picture.  I thought are these the file cabinets I've read somewhere about a Dallas cop taking files from about pro Castro supporters?  Files that had disappeared?  Those in the picture were too big for Oswald to be toting around from Fort worth to Dallas to New Orleans, and Ruth back to Dallas since he came back from Russia.  No, those are not the files I'd read of, somewhere, sometime.  Dallas County Deputy Sherriff Buddy Walthers confiscated those on 11/22/63 and turned them over to Captain Will Fritz at the Dallas Police Department.  I've been looking and found nothing about them ever being seen since.  In his Warren Hearing testimony Walthers describes them as "little metal file cabinets...they would carry an 8 by 10 (11 1/2?) folder...but with a single handle on top of it".

While he denies looking in them at one point near the end he remembers a letter head Michael Paine pointed out as "from the people he writes to in Russia".

My contention is these files belonged to The Paines.  Between their family ties to intelligence and Michaels taking Lee to ACLU meetings, then a general Walker speech (???) and more this seems more plausible than the claim that they belong to Oswald. 

In Michel Paines bio here on the forum Mr. Simkin quotes Jim Di Eugino about the files.  While I've found a little more info, not much.  Any help would be appreciated.

Those small file boxes belonged to the Paines.  LHO didn't  bring them with him hitchhiking from New Orleans, as he told Ruth he did to get there, per her.  They were there in their garage with info on Cuban's per the DPD reports.  Why?  Were they working for the CIA when they took in Marina and watched her and LHO.  "We both know who did it"  Phone call from Michael to Ruth, afternoon of 11/22/63.  

"We both know who did it"

A quote from one of the Paine's almost as ironically and suggestively suspicious as Lee Harvey Oswald's  ... "I am just a patsy!"

• 9 months later...

Once again, since we're currently talking about Ruth in the Thornley thread, why not revisit this one?

Those seven little file cabinets didn't just disappear when Sheriff's Deputy Walthers turned them over to the DPD, almost certainly on orders from Sheriff Decker, who likely wanted nothing to do with the evidence.  They Were disappeared.  Somebody at the DPD made it happen.  On orders from... 

What a good question that is. 

Man, was Buddy Walthers a good detective or what? 

Al Mattox told me that Walthers said Barrett picked up a bullet in Dealey Plaza in that famous picture. Where they are just about next to each other.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Al Mattox told me that Walthers said Barrett picked up a bullet in Dealey Plaza in that famous picture. Where they are just about next to each other.

Jim, is the Al Mattox you mention sheriff Al Maddox? The fellow in the July, 1996 You Tube Video that is shown recounting Jack Ruby palming him a folded up note that said there was a conspiracy and that his motive for shooting Oswald was to silence him?

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNACELwBSFXyq4

Jack Ruby passed a note to this guy before he died...he wanted someone to know?

Edited by Joe Bauer

yes that is him.. Spelled his name wrong.

See the barrel in the back ground?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10897#relPageId=11&tab=page

"Libeler, ... you found seven file cabinets full of cards that had the names of pro Castro sympathizers on them, but you don't remember seeing any of them..."

Walthers, "could have been one, but I didn't see it."

Libeler, "you mentioned the Fair Play For Cuba leaflets that were in a barrel".

Walthers:  "That's right - we got a stack of them out of that barrel..."

Has anyone ever thought to contemplate this?

FPCC pamphlets distributed by Oswald multiple time over the summer of 1963 by Oswald. 

FPCC pamphlets with 544 Camp street stamped on them distributed one day only per Garrison.

Dallas County District Attorney Henry Wade corrected by Jack Ruby on 11/22/63 "That's the Fair Play For Cuba Committee, Henry"

A barrel with FPCC pamphlets in it in Michael and Ruth Paine's garage on 11/22/63.  Per a Dallas County Deputy Sheriff.

He changed his story on the file cabinets.

Man how did I miss the barrel issue and the FPCC flyers?  Nice one Ron.

21 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

See the barrel in the back ground?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10897#relPageId=11&tab=page

"Libeler, ... you found seven file cabinets full of cards that had the names of pro Castro sympathizers on them, but you don't remember seeing any of them..."

Walthers, "could have been one, but I didn't see it."

Libeler, "you mentioned the Fair Play For Cuba leaflets that were in a barrel".

Walthers:  "That's right - we got a stack of them out of that barrel..."

Has anyone ever thought to contemplate this?

FPCC pamphlets distributed by Oswald multiple time over the summer of 1963 by Oswald. 

FPCC pamphlets with 544 Camp street stamped on them distributed one day only per Garrison.

Dallas County District Attorney Henry Wade corrected by Jack Ruby on 11/22/63 "That's the Fair Play For Cuba Committee, Henry"

A barrel with FPCC pamphlets in it in Michael and Ruth Paine's garage on 11/22/63.  Per a Dallas County Deputy Sheriff.

Forgot to mention supposedly leaflets found in Oswald's "office" in the part of the building Banister leased, disposed of by the custodian after the assassination per instruction by Banister, according to Garrison?

Also, here's Walthers to Libeler for the WO.

https://www.jfk-assassination.eu/warren/wch/vol7/page550.php

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

yes that is him.. Spelled his name wrong.

J D

Did you respect Maddox's integrity when you met him?

Do you believe he told you the truth about Walthers and Barrett?

If so, what do you make of this interview video of Maddox relating how Jack Ruby passed a note to him saying "it was a conspiracy" and "his ( Ruby) motive was to silence Oswald." ?

Did you ever hear this Ruby to Maddox note story either before you talked to Maddox or after this interview?

If you don't believe Maddox's note story, any thoughts on why and why Maddox would make this up?

And if Ruby actually palmed this folded letter/note to Maddox, wouldn't you also wonder why Maddox would keep this explosively important confession note to himself?

You met the man and asked him questions. Maddox was right there close to Jack Ruby from the day he shot Oswald.

Curious also, why more researchers didn't jump out of their shorts to interview Maddox after Maddox made this explosive "it was a conspiracy" Ruby confessional letter statement?

Edited by Joe Bauer

12 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

J D

Did you respect Maddox's integrity when you met him?

Do you believe he told you the truth about Walthers and Barrett?

If so, what do you make of this interview video of Maddox relating how Jack Ruby passed a note to him saying "it was a conspiracy" and "his ( Ruby) motive was to silence Oswald." ?

Did you ever hear this Ruby to Maddox note story either before you talked to Maddox or after this interview?

If you don't believe Maddox's note story, any thoughts on why and why Maddox would make this up?

And if Ruby actually palmed this folded letter/note to Maddox, wouldn't you also wonder why Maddox would keep this explosively important confession note to himself?

You met the man and asked him questions. Maddox was right there close to Jack Ruby from the day he shot Oswald.

Curious also, why more researchers didn't jump out of their shorts to interview Maddox after Maddox made this explosive "it was a conspiracy" Ruby confessional letter statement?

I did find an article recounting Dallas Sheriff deputies Maddox and Walther's busting in on a Dallas suburb motel room ( East Hills Motel) in 1969 to check out a report of drug dealing and encountering the 6'5" escaped criminal Paul Cherry and his girlfriend which ended up in a terrific life and death struggle with Eddy "Buddy" Walthers being shot dead and Maddox shot twice in the ankle and foot.

Penn Jones mentioned Walther's death with suspicion. One rumor has it that Maddox himself shot Walthers.

Also found a picture of Sheriff Al Maddox standing behind Carousel Club stripper Karen "Little Lynn" Bennett when she was detained for carrying a concealed weapon into a courtroom in 1964.

I thought I also saw something about Maddox being mentioned in the Dallas Texas School Book Depository Museum "Living History" archives.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:14 AM, James DiEugenio said:

What source said that Walthers said that?

I did not talk to Maddox very long.  It was just a few minutes in Dealey Plaza at one of those anniversaries.

But I have never read anything that would give me pause about the man.

I mean Ruby essentially says the same in that famous video which I think you can see on You Tube, that people in high places put him in the position he is in.

Its not that difficult to dig up stuff like this, you just talk to enough people and you can do it.