The Education Forum

The Dual Life of Albert Osborne

John Kowalski has written a new article about the wholly mysterious and mendacious Albert Osborne,  on a bus to Mexico with someone called Lee Oswald in September of 1963, who then left the country nine days before the assassination to see his family in England. Which he had not done in two generations.  When the FBI finally tracked him down, he continually lied about who he was and probably also about his bus ride. But then, when the Bureau could have nabbed him for perjury and obstruction of justice, they dropped the Osborne case . Then they filed a ninety page report on the guy complete with index and Table of Contents for the WC.

Fascinating character, fine article which Ron Ecker will like.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-dual-life-of-albert-osborne

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read. Thanks.

One typo (which I couldn't fail but notice): In the link to my article (footnote 55), there's a "#64" at the end of the url that doesn't belong there. It takes the link to footnote 64 ("Ibid").

Thanks Ron, will try and correct that.

God Osborne is one really weird guy is he not?  Its hard not to think he was involved with intel work down there in the Mexico southwest border.

Good article, John, and thanks for bringing it to our attention, Jim.

I can just add a small side-note to this story, which may be of some interest. In June 1976, I was living in England, and I decided to contact Dr. & Ms. McFarland, who were on the bus journey from Nuevo Laredo to Mexico City with Osborne and Oswald. In a letter to the McFarlands dated June 20, 1976, I asked them if they could identify a photo of one Fred Lee Crisman as the man who sat with Oswald on the bus - you may be aware that back then there was some discussion about Crisman, Osborne and Bowen possibly being one and the same person. Their reply, dated June 24 and signed on their behalf by someone whom I believe to have been Dr. McFarland's secretary, simply said that "Mr. and Mrs. McFarland have given their evidence with regard to this matter and have nothing further to add."

I always thought it was a rather bland, formal and "official" reply ... !

Chris

Edited by Chris Scally

Chris:

That is a really interesting reply.

It seems really odd that he would not even want to even respond in any real way to such an important event in his life.

Really makes me wonder about the genuineness of their testimony or if the WC or FBI told them to shut up afterwards.

Jim:

I've always suspected - but without any evidence to support it - that they might have been told to to keep quiet by someone. On the other hand, I understood Mr. McFarland was a top surgeon in the UK at the time, so he may have made the decision to keep his mouth shut of his own volition. Looks like another thing we will never know for certain.

C.

You mean due to his career I assume?

That is probably the case and I do not know anywhere else that he talked to any official body, that is the Church Committee, Jim Garrison, or the HSCA.

Which is really too bad.  

Anyway, I hope everyone reads the Osborne article, a lot of good work there that took a lot of time and effort to unearth.

• 3 months later...
On ‎22‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 8:57 PM, James DiEugenio said:

John Kowalski has written a new article about the wholly mysterious and mendacious Albert Osborne,  on a bus to Mexico with someone called Lee Oswald in September of 1963, who then left the country nine days before the assassination to see his family in England. Which he had not done in two generations.  When the FBI finally tracked him down, he continually lied about who he was and probably also about his bus ride. But then, when the Bureau could have nabbed him for perjury and obstruction of justice, they dropped the Osborne case . Then they filed a ninety page report on the guy complete with index and Table of Contents for the WC.

Fascinating character, fine article which Ron Ecker will like.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-dual-life-of-albert-osborne

Fascinating read! Especially the following line caught my attention:

After he returned from Mexico, Osborne showed up in New Orleans at the Canadian consulate. He gave an address in Montreal as his permanent residence, saying he had been there since 1917 and that he was a Canadian national.

Source: https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-dual-life-of-albert-osborne

Is there a Special connection between New Orleans and Montreal? David Ferrie also traveled there before the assassination:

Après sa mort, on découvrit que Ferrie avait fait des interurbains à Montréal et à Toronto peu avant l'assassinat.

https://www.republiquelibre.org/cousture/JFK.HTM

And like Ferrie, Osborne seemed to have a penchant for little boys:

Osborne’s reputation again came into question in 1943 when he was accused of making sexual advances to some of the boys at the Campfire Council.

Montreal was also home to Major Bloomfield, a major stockholder in the Centro Commerciale Mondiale:

On découvrit également que le principal actionnaire de cette fausse compagnie avait été un Montréalais; le major Louis Mortimer Bloomfield.

Montreal is also the place were James Earl Ray, the alleged murderer of Martin Luther King, later fled to:

En 1991, dans un documentaire portant sur l'assassinat du pasteur américain Martin Luther King, Kimble avoua avoir été un contractuel de la CIA. Il raconta comment il avait accompagné Clay Shaw à Montréal et comment, quelques années plus tard, il avait aidé dans sa fuite James Earl Ray (le présumé assassin de King) lors de son passage… à Montréal! Kimble révéla encore qu'à la même époque, il avait infiltré le Front de Libération du Québec pour la CIA.  

Gordon Novel too sought refuge there:

Après son départ, on découvrit des micros qui avaient été cachés dans le bureau de Garrison. Novel se réfugia temporairement à Montréal et déclara que, lorsqu'il avait participé à un vol d'armes à Houma en Louisiane au début des années 1960, il avait en fait participé à une opération ordonnée par la CIA pour approvisionner les militaires anticastristes.  

Montreal apparently was also the place where both Oswald and the Contras got their weapons from:

Le pistolet qu'Oswald avait en sa possession lorsqu'il fut arrêté au Texas Theater provenait de Montréal. Le Smith & Wesson venait effectivement de chez Empire Wholesale de Montréal. Plusieurs chercheurs se demandent toutefois si Oswald l'avait commandé par la poste lui-même ou plutôt si quelqu'un de la CIA le lui avait fourni. En effet, il fut révélé plus tard que cette compagnie était l'ancêtre de la Century International Arms, la même qui fournit des armes à la CIA pour les Contras du Nicaragua. Une preuve indéniable de ces activités est une photo publiée dans le magazine Soldier of Fortune sur laquelle on voit des Contras transportant une caisse d'armes sur laquelle est inscrite la mention "CIA, Montreal, Canada".  

Oswald (or an impostor) even handed out leaflets in Montreal:

Peu après l'assassinat, Jean-Paul Tremblay, un agent de la douane américaine travaillant à Montréal, avisa les Services secrets américains qu'il avait vu Oswald à Montréal en août 1963. Tremblay dit avoir vu Oswald en compagnie de trois autres personnes distribuer ses fameux tracts du "Fair Play for Cuba" pendant une manifestation. Le rapport fut envoyé à la commission Warren qui le passa totalement sous silence. En effet, il ne figure nul part dans les 26 volumes de témoignages et de preuves publiés par la commission. On apprit par la suite que des photos d'Oswald avaient été prises à Montréal mais le FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) refusa de les rendre publiques. Pourtant, il s'agit là d'une preuve additionnelle qui dépeint Oswald comme un communiste.

What was so appealing about this place?

Excellent read... thanks Jim.

Obviously I have some thoughts on Osborne/BOWEN and the Mexico evidence on which his name appears.

124-10003-10385 is a FBI report from JANUARY 21, 1964 stating that Photos of BOWEN match OSBORNE despite OSBORNE denying he was BOWEN.
The report says he was interviewed on Jan 7th in Mexico as re-confirmed by Kowalski's essay...

Yet a month prior on Dec 8, 1963 the FBI and Mexico City are aware of BOWEN/OSBORNE (see page below)... (the reality is that by mid day Nov 22, the records from all 4 bus lines for the days in question were "borrowed" by someone on the Mexican presidential staff...)  As you will notice in the doc below, the manifest suggests that BOWEN has traveling with a companion...

When a line is placed under the name - like McFarland and his wife who is represented by the line - it means there was another traveler...or the reality that these three were never on this bus for one simple reason...  the bus to Mexico City leaves Monterrey at 3:30pm.  the bus from Neuvo Laredo leaves at 2pm...

You can't get from place to place in 90 minutes... even today it takes over 3 hours....  I also have the Monterrey bus manifest for Flecha Rojas to Mexico City where only passengers who board in Monterrey ...  of course the Ausiie girls are not on it... Pam Winston repeatedly states she and her friend took DEL NORTE to Mexico City.  Even Hoover finally admits that Flecha Rojas was incorrect...  

bowen/osborne was placed on this bus, like McFarland and Oswalt - after the fact....   

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11640#relPageId=281&tab=page 

img_11640_282_300.png

Bus Nuevo Laredo to Monterrey: Trip Overview

37 Daily Buses   12:15 AM - 11:30 PM   Departure Time $18 Average Price      3h 10m  Average Trip Duration

59f89a594d022_63-09-26Bus516FlechaRojaswithOSWALT-McFarland-BOWENNoMumfordNOTAnahuacorDelNorte.thumb.jpg.79200f01dd2cb9b17410d2abd65c2204.jpg

The WCR never refers to him as "BOWEN" only "Osborne" and a number of FBI reports as well as the WCR recap state he denied it was Oswald.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, James DiEugenio said:

John Kowalski has written a new article about the wholly mysterious and mendacious Albert Osborne,  on a bus to Mexico with someone called Lee Oswald in September of 1963, who then left the country nine days before the assassination to see his family in England.

This next paragraph and after neglects to mention that the MacFarlands, the Aussie's and "BOWEN" were on a Del Norte bus.  The Flecha Rojas baggage list was altered to add "OSWALT" just as the FRONTERA bus manifest was changed by BOSCH from a Nov date to Oct 2nd at 2pm.  This too had to change since that bus doesn't accomplish the trip in time.

The Mexican authorities had disposed of the original and a copy of the passenger list for the Flecha Roja (Red Arrow) bus that Osborne rode in Mexico. Therefore, the FBI used the luggage manifest and immigration records to piece together who was on the bus.72 This is how they found the name of Mr. Bowen. But they could not find Bowen. One problem with finding Bowen/Osborne was that he had tossed out a bundle of tall tales to the people around him on the bus. As the FBI noted in their long report, he told some passengers that he had never been to England, that he was a retired schoolteacher, and that he was working on a book about the Lisbon earthquake.73

Edited by David Josephs

4 hours ago, Mathias Baumann said:

Fascinating read! Especially the following line caught my attention:

Is there a Special connection between New Orleans and Montreal? David Ferrie also traveled there before the assassination:

What was so appealing about this place?

Mathias,

The Corsican mob.

Read up on Lucien Rivard, Victor Michael Mertz and a guy named Paul Modolini.

(Remember the CIA cable 632-796 about Jean-Rene Souetre and how he (or Mertz) was expelled to either Mexico or Canada?)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=105715&search=Vrla#relPageId=7&tab=page

SDECE double agent and heroin trafficker, Mertz was sent to Montreal after he helped foil the attack on DeGaulle at Pont-Sur-Seine in 1961.

See also Steve Rivele's research on Antoine Guerini and Mondolini.

A guy named Maurice Phillips did an awful lot of research in his blog "I have some secrets for you". I don't know how much of this is still available online anymore.

http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/2006/01/links-between-jfk-assassination-and.html

He also wrote a book called, De dallas a montreal

The upshot is that three Corsican hitmen took part in the JFK assassination and were paid off in heroin.

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas

34 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Mathias,

The Corsican mob.

Read up on Lucien Rivard, Victor Michael Mertz and a guy named Paul Modolini.

(Remember the CIA cable 632-796 about Jean-Rene Souetre and how he (or Mertz) was expelled to either Mexico or Canada?)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=105715&search=Vrla#relPageId=7&tab=page

SDECE double agent and heroin trafficker, Mertz was sent to Montreal after he helped foil the attack on DeGaulle at Pont-Sur-Seine in 1961.

See also Steve Rivele's research on Antoine Guerini and Mondolini.

A guy named Maurice Phillips did an awful lot of research in his blog "I have some secrets for you". I don't know how much of this is still available online anymore.

http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/2006/01/links-between-jfk-assassination-and.html

He also wrote a book called, De dallas a montreal

The upshot is that three Corsican hitmen took part in the JFK assassination and were paid off in heroin.

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas

http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/

...And the somesecretsforyou blog brings us back around to Permindex players such as Louis Mortimer Bloomfield and Ferenc Nagy, all of whom are much discussed in the past threads of this Forum, threads that should be reviewed by anyone going for the Euro angle on the assassination.

Since Lee Harvey Oswald was not on any bus to Mexico City ever -- then Mr. McFarland simply offered the FBI the very short and sweet fiction they wanted to hear.  Mrs. McFarland said nothing.

Mr. Albert Osborne's testimony was self-contradictory and therefore self-canceling.

Miss Pamela Mumford admitted that the so-called "impersonator" of Oswald on the bus, never told her that his name was Lee Harvey Oswald -- nor any name.   And although she saw his passport to verify he had been in Russia, she did not bother to look at the name, nor even at his photograph.

Miss Mumford finally said that she and her traveling companion (Patricia Winston) became convinced that the man who flirted with them on the Mexico City bus was Lee Harvey Oswald, largely because the grey sweater he was wearing when Jack Ruby shot him -- was the identical sweater he was wearing on the bus to Mexico City.  

Trouble is -- Jesse Curry had only a few minutes earlier given Oswald that sweater from the Dallas City Jail stock room.  Bzzt.   Pamela and Patricia are  disqualified.

There were plenty of Mexicans on that bus -- and not one saw Lee Harvey Oswald -- including the bus driver.  Nor was Oswald on any bus manifest.

On the contrary -- Mexican Immigration records showed that Lee Harvey Oswald entered and exited Mexico City as a passenger in an automobile.

The only reason that the FBI presented McFarland, Mumford and Osborne as WC witnesses was to semi-plausibly place Lee Harvey Oswald on a bus (instead of an automobile) to Mexico City.   As a passenger in an automobile, the FBI would have to admit that Oswald had accomplices!   That would have canceled all their hard work in forging the Lone Nut nonsense.

To repeat:  the five WC witnesses involved in this single case of "mistaken identity" were: (1) Dr. John Bryan McFarland; (2) Mrs. John McFarland; (3) John Bowen alias Albert Osborne; (4) Pamela Mumford; and (5) Patricia Winston.   Witnesses #2, #3 and #5 all testified (ultimately) that they were uncertain what they saw.   Pamela was dead wrong.   That leaves Dr. McFarland, who merely said that "Oswald"  told him he wanted to kill JFK -- period.   What a deceit. 

So much for the Albert Osborne wheel-spinning.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo 

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

What do people make of the recent British tabloid articles about the Cambridge call 25 minutes before the assassination suggesting that Albert Osborne made the call, and that he was a Soviet agent?