The Education Forum

The Dual Life of Albert Osborne

On 11/5/2017 at 9:16 AM, Mathias Baumann said:

David,

according to this recent newpaper article Albert Osborne may have been behind a phone call made to a British newspaper 25 minutes before the assassination:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5026495/Shocking-JFK-confession-Soviet-agent-Grimsby.html

So if Osborne did indeed possess advance knowledge of the assassination, he may have played a considerably more important role in the Mexico City story.

Read two articles in British newspapers about Osborne, the one in the dailymail and the other in the Grimsby Telegraph. Of the two articles, the Grimsby Telegraph is the worst because it reads like the utterly ridiculous Torbitt document.

The claims made that Osborne was a Soviet spy is not based on factual evidence because there is none. There is also no evidence to suspect him of making the Cambridge call because there is no evidence that proves where he was when the call was made.  Michael Eddowes book The Oswald File has a copy of the document that describes the Cambridge call. It is attached and it does not mention Osborne. The document mentions a suspect, Dr. Ward and this is based on the fact that he made similar calls prior to the one made on November 22, 1963 but Eddowes states that Dr. Ward committed suicide 4 month prior.  So were are left with no real evidence to support the theory that Osborne made that call and more research will be needed to be done to determine who is responsible for making it.

Osborne - Cambridge Call - 2.pdf

Edited by John Kowalski

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John:

Was not there a previous identification of the reporter who got the call?

On 10/31/2017 at 8:08 AM, Mathias Baumann said:

What was so appealing about this place?

I am not sure what attracts people to Montreal but during the American civil war, Montreal was a hotbed of espionage and Jefferson Davis, the president of the confederacy moved to Montreal in 1867.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:45 PM, David Andrews said:

See also Steve Rivele's research on Antoine Guerini and Mondolini.

There is another Mondolini who is connected to Bloomfield. His name is Jacques Mondolini and he is listed as a member of the board of directors of Credit Suisse (Canada). Don't know if he is connected to the Mondolini mentioned in Rivele's research. Below is a list of the board of directors of this organization and one of them is Bloomfield. I found this information in the Bloomfield papers.

Victor Nef
Louis Bloomfield
Jean Jacques Kurz
Max Kaiser
Roger Petitpierre
C. Walter Fessler
Alexander Sieben
Joseph Porino
Frederick E. Dessauer
Jacques Mondoloni
John J. Morger
Richard A. Redler
Adolf Walt

On 11/1/2017 at 5:26 AM, Mathias Baumann said:

We know from Jim's article that Albert Osborne never had a regular job, but somehow he was never short of money. Could he somehow have been involved in drug trafficking, disguised as a harmless missionary? That would be a good cover, wouldn't it?

I did a FOIA on Osborne and what I got back from them were FBI documents that are redacted and a notification that other documents were held back. What is interesting about the them is that some of them were dated 1958. It appears that he was involved in something that they were interested in 5 years before Kennedy's assassination. CE 2195, which is the FBI's report on Osborne, stated that in 1958 Mexican immigration authorities ordered him to leave Mexico. Don't know what the reason is for his expulsion but he must been up to something if both the Mexican and US authorities were interested in his activities.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:16 PM, Paul Brancato said:

What do people make of the recent British tabloid articles about the Cambridge call 25 minutes before the assassination suggesting that Albert Osborne made the call, and that he was a Soviet agent? 

In my research on Osborne I found no connection between Osborne and the Soviets but I have a theory, that I admit is not founded on any tangible evidence, it is circumstantial at best,  that  Osborne may have had a connection to British intelligence. His last posting was in the British army was in Bermuda, which was at that time a British colony. Could he have been recruited there to do intelligence work for the British? He left the army in June 1914 but a travel document that I found indicated that he did not depart for the US until August 1914. By that time Britain was at war and Osborne, who had spent almost 8 years in the army was going to the US. Did he spend his last 2 months in Bermuda preparing for a new career as a spy for the British? I found a newspaper article in a Knoxville TN newspaper dated 1939, that said that he had made 14 trips to Bermuda. Why so many trips, was he reporting to his intelligence bosses in Bermuda?

Another interesting connection to intelligence matters could be derived from Osborne's British army record, his lectures in the US about life in India and Britain's interest in Indian nationalist movements operating in Canada and the US. During world war one Indian nationalists were trying to free India from the grips of British rule. Keeping India under its heel was especially important for Britain at this time because they needed India's resources to fight Germany.  Britain ran a spy network in both Canada and the US on the west coast of both countries. Osborne often lectured on life in India and he could have based these lectures on his time in India when he was in the army. Could this have been a cover for obtaining information or making connections with people involved in these nationalist movements?  I do not have any evidence that places him on the west coast of North America but there are large gaps in his timeline that are not accounted for. More work needs to be done to confirm if he was working for the British but if I had to choose between him being a Soviet or British spy, I would opt for the British.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:16 AM, Mathias Baumann said:

David,

according to this recent newpaper article Albert Osborne may have been behind a phone call made to a British newspaper 25 minutes before the assassination:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5026495/Shocking-JFK-confession-Soviet-agent-Grimsby.html

So if Osborne did indeed possess advance knowledge of the assassination, he may have played a considerably more important role in the Mexico City story.

I get the impression that JFK's "hit" was rumbled about in the underworld and on the fringes of those involved on purpose...  of course we're not goping to hear about all the times these same people said it would happen and nothing did...

Kinda like the con man who goes to 10 different people at a horse race telling each one a different horse...  go back to the one you told the winner to and now you have a friend....  but the 9 people where you got it wrong are never talked of again....

The FBI did everything they could to place an Oswald on these buses...  and in the process provide evidence of their deception.   

Regarding Bowen/Osborne (btw Osborne is the name on the FPCC flyer order) he MAY be as significant as GAUDET who we also don't hold to the fire...  both of these men of dubious pasts are placed next to Oswald via 3rd party evidence...  Looking closer at what GAUDET and the others at the Visa office said, GAUDET is lying....  and very realistically helped create or receive this prop for the trip... a tourist Visa...    Since Osborne is Bowen... we can't take what he says at face value...  he's been doing shadow work for many years...  in total though - the evidence does not support the conclusion of Oswald's supposed travel and stay in MX.

Mr. LIEBELER. Would you give us the content of that conversation, as best you can recall
Mrs. ODIO. They told me they were coming because of the assassination of President Kennedy, that they had news that I knew or I had known Lee Harvey Oswald. And I told them that I had not known him as Lee Harvey Oswald, but that he was introduced to me as Leon Oswald. And they showed me a picture of Oswald and a picture of Ruby. I did not know Ruby, but I did recall Oswald. They asked me about my activities in JURE. That is the Junta Revolutionary, and it is led by Manolo Ray. I told him that I did belong to this organization because my father and mother had belonged in Cuba, and I had seen him (Ray) in Puerto recently, and that I knew him personally, and that I did belong to JURE. They asked me about the members here in Dallas, and I told him a few names of the Cubans here. They asked me to tell the story about what happened in my house.
Mr. LIEBELER. Who was it that you had seen in Puerto Rico?
Mrs. ODIO. Mr. Ray, I had seen. He was a very close friend of my father and mother. He hid in my house several times in Cuba.
So they asked me to tell him how I came to know Oswald, and I told them that it was something very brief and I could not recall the time, exact date. I still can't. We more or less have established that it was the end of September. And, of course, my sister had recognized him at the same time I did, but I did not say anything to her. She came very excited one day and said, "That is the man that was in my house." And I said, "Yes; I remember."

- Oswald could not have been at Odio's since he was not in Dallas and of Sept thru Oct 3... we proved he was in Mexico -

So Lopez and friends don't contest this conclusion....  Odio if finally called in July 1964...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=946&relPageId=346&search=odio

img_946_346_300.png

13 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Read two articles in British newspapers about Osborne, the one in the dailymail and the other in the Grimsby Telegraph. Of the two articles, the Grimsby Telegraph is the worst because it reads like the utterly ridiculous Torbitt document.

The claims made that Osborne was a Soviet spy is not based on factual evidence because there is none. There is also no evidence to suspect him of making the Cambridge call because there is no evidence that proves where he was when the call was made.  Michael Eddowes book The Oswald File has a copy of the document that describes the Cambridge call. It is attached and it does not mention Osborne. The document mentions a suspect, Dr. Ward and this is based on the fact that he made similar calls prior to the one made on November 22, 1963 but Eddowes states that Dr. Ward committed suicide 4 month prior.  So were are left with no real evidence to support the theory that Osborne made that call and more research will be needed to be done to determine who is responsible for making it.

Osborne - Cambridge Call - 2.pdf

Hello John,

thank you for taking your time to respond to my post.

According to the Daily Mail article his nephew confirmed that Osborne was indeed there:

Mr Osborne had been staying with his sister Lillie Featherstone at the time.

While he was there, the colourful spy met his Lillie's son – his nephew Byron Featherstone – and his son Daryl, then 12, at their council house in the Lincolnshire town.  

Osborne's letter was revealed exclusively to MailOnline from his relative, Daryl Featherstone, who still lives in Grimsby

Daryl recalled: 'I don't remember much about the visit, I was only a young lad but I do remember my uncle, he was quite a character

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5026495/Shocking-JFK-confession-Soviet-agent-Grimsby.html#ixzz4xfh6zsrj

Do you see reason to believe that this information is not accurate?

2 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

I am not sure what attracts people to Montreal but during the American civil war, Montreal was a hotbed of espionage and Jefferson Davis, the president of the confederacy moved to Montreal in 1867.

As Lamar Waldron notes in his book "Ultimate Sacrifice" Montreal was also one of only two place in North America where one could take a direct flight to Cuba - the other being of course Mexico City.

28 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

I get the impression that JFK's "hit" was rumbled about in the underworld and on the fringes of those involved on purpose...  of course we're not goping to hear about all the times these same people said it would happen and nothing did...

Kinda like the con man who goes to 10 different people at a horse race telling each one a different horse...  go back to the one you told the winner to and now you have a friend....  but the 9 people where you got it wrong are never talked of again....

The FBI did everything they could to place an Oswald on these buses...  and in the process provide evidence of their deception.   

Regarding Bowen/Osborne (btw Osborne is the name on the FPCC flyer order) he MAY be as significant as GAUDET who we also don't hold to the fire...  both of these men of dubious pasts are placed next to Oswald via 3rd party evidence...  Looking closer at what GAUDET and the others at the Visa office said, GAUDET is lying....  and very realistically helped create or receive this prop for the trip... a tourist Visa...    Since Osborne is Bowen... we can't take what he says at face value...  he's been doing shadow work for many years...  in total though - the evidence does not support the conclusion of Oswald's supposed travel and stay in MX.

Mr. LIEBELER. Would you give us the content of that conversation, as best you can recall
Mrs. ODIO. They told me they were coming because of the assassination of President Kennedy, that they had news that I knew or I had known Lee Harvey Oswald. And I told them that I had not known him as Lee Harvey Oswald, but that he was introduced to me as Leon Oswald. And they showed me a picture of Oswald and a picture of Ruby. I did not know Ruby, but I did recall Oswald. They asked me about my activities in JURE. That is the Junta Revolutionary, and it is led by Manolo Ray. I told him that I did belong to this organization because my father and mother had belonged in Cuba, and I had seen him (Ray) in Puerto recently, and that I knew him personally, and that I did belong to JURE. They asked me about the members here in Dallas, and I told him a few names of the Cubans here. They asked me to tell the story about what happened in my house.
Mr. LIEBELER. Who was it that you had seen in Puerto Rico?
Mrs. ODIO. Mr. Ray, I had seen. He was a very close friend of my father and mother. He hid in my house several times in Cuba.
So they asked me to tell him how I came to know Oswald, and I told them that it was something very brief and I could not recall the time, exact date. I still can't. We more or less have established that it was the end of September. And, of course, my sister had recognized him at the same time I did, but I did not say anything to her. She came very excited one day and said, "That is the man that was in my house." And I said, "Yes; I remember."

- Oswald could not have been at Odio's since he was not in Dallas and of Sept thru Oct 3... we proved he was in Mexico -

So Lopez and friends don't contest this conclusion....  Odio if finally called in July 1964...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=946&relPageId=346&search=odio

img_946_346_300.png

Hello David,

thank you for your post. I just stumbled upon something in Lamar Waldron's book "Ultimate Sacrifice", page 288:

[...] when Oswald made his first attempt to get to Cuba by visiting the Cuban Embassy in Mexico City, CIA files show that two other young men [...] also linked to Artime and David Attlee Phillips visited the Embassy and tried the same thing.

Do you know more about these "two young men"?

1 hour ago, John Kowalski said:

CE 2195, which is the FBI's report on Osborne, stated that in 1958 Mexican immigration authorities ordered him to leave Mexico. Don't know what the reason is for his expulsion but he must been up to something if both the Mexican and US authorities were interested in his activities.

He was ordered to leave Mexico in 1958 as an undesirable alien after selling a car in Oaxaca without paying the import duties. (CE 2121, p. 576, and 2195, p. 34,)

On 11/6/2017 at 12:06 PM, Mathias Baumann said:

[...] when Oswald made his first attempt to get to Cuba by visiting the Cuban Embassy in Mexico City, CIA files show that two other young men [...] also linked to Artime and David Attlee Phillips visited the Embassy and tried the same thing.

On 11/6/2017 at 12:06 PM, Mathias Baumann said:

Hello David,

thank you for your post. I just stumbled upon something in Lamar Waldron's book "Ultimate Sacrifice", page 288:

Do you know more about these "two young men"?

My pleasure...

I have to assume one was Alvarado... I guess Waldron doesn't say...  he is a member here....
If you can give me a bit more context....  WHICH CIA files?

"Man sent to Consulate"  is not the Oswald impersonator Duran described as thin, a very thin face and small"  seems to me that would be the top image...

58bd8f4aa753b_MysteryManphotologforOctober2hastheOct4photo.thumb.jpg.b74ccd54a27020d188db678533a868f7.jpg58bd8f447d61b_63-10-02Russ104-10413-10426LOGFILM14420EAXP-October2ndlogshowingphotoofMysteryman.jpg.df2926b252508938c5c93b139c45c2c2.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

David,

the source for the quote appears to be page 356 ("and many others...") of "Oswald and the CIA" . In my copy of the book I find a table of the various phone calls that were intercepted between September 27 and October 1, including several made but an unidentified male Spanish-speaker on Friday September 27. But I think Waldron's source is an older edition of the book, so I can't really say for sure what he's refering to exactly.

5 hours ago, Mathias Baumann said:

David,

the source for the quote appears to be page 356 ("and many others...") of "Oswald and the CIA" . In my copy of the book I find a table of the various phone calls that were intercepted between September 27 and October 1, including several made but an unidentified male Spanish-speaker on Friday September 27. But I think Waldron's source is an older edition of the book, so I can't really say for sure what he's refering to exactly.

Oswald and the CIA is Newman's book, Ultimate Sacrifice is Waldron's... right?

So Waldron is using Newman....?  

I have the book in PDF form and searched for it... couldn't find it....

19 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Was not there a previous identification of the reporter who got the call?

Not as far as I know. If we had the reporter's name, that would be a good lead to have. I have two documents about the call and both do not name the reporter who received the call or  Osborne as the caller. Not mentioning the name of the reporter who received the call is the strangest aspect of this incident. You would expect that MI-5, who reported the incident would have spoken to the reporter who received the call, and released the reporter's name to the FBI who were investigating Kennedy's assassination. I can't upload the second document because I received a message saying that the file is too large, even though it is only one page of text.