The Education Forum

National Archives release first batch of 2017 JFK documents

Yes but why do it in advance if you were not ready?

This will be the basis of my letter of complaint to them.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Karl Kinaski said:

From National Archives  2017 release of JFK documents

'EYES ONLY' SECRET CIA FILE #104-10268-10005:

ANGLETON'S CIA RIGHT-HAND MAN RAYMOND ROCCA TELLS WARREN COMMISSION MEMBER BELIN THAT LEE OSWALD WAS IN MEXICO CITY BECAUSE HE WAS INVOLVED IN A PLOT TO KILL FIDEL CASTRO ... Just as Judyth Vary Baker has been telling us since 1999  and in her  2010 book ME AND LEE ... 

KK

The CIA simply never told the truth about Oswald and Mexico City....

Lee Harvey "Leon" Oswald was with 2 Cubans in Dallas after driving thru Austin.
The man Ruby killed was not in Mexico City between Sept 17th and Oct 3rd...  but the CIA placed him there anyway knowing full well that the FBI had to go along or admit that Oswald was an asset of theirs in Hoover's war against communism at the cost of everything else.

For the entire month of Nov '63 the FBI looked for proof of Oswald in Mexico City...  they could not find any.

By the middle of January, Hoover was exasperated.   (edit:  so the FBI began the process of creating the necessary evidence to keep the WC from finding out about Mexico City)

58b4a276dd0fd_64-01-15HooverwrittennotesabouttheCIAlieaboutOswaldinMexico.jpg.8d38aba5fc665b344453bfc1d8d7ba63.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

All the hubbub about Nosenko is smoke and mirrors, IMHO.  A mere distraction.

Just because these documents on Nosenko represent the final 17 documents released by the CIA, is no reason to believe that they provide any sort of final answer.

That was a cheap shot by Newsweek.

There are 3,794 documents cited in this current release.  Of these, a full 1,376 have no title at all.  Many name no source.  Many have no date.  These are more interesting to me.

There are 59 documents, total, with "Nosenko" in the title.   More interesting to me are the mere 11 documents with "Gerry Patrick Hemming" in the title. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Probably so Pat, others are following it much more closely than I am able to...however my point is the same in that it will tend to minimize media attention if its spread out.  Of course these days I'm not sure there is any bandwidth left for anything outside the White House. 

On 7/31/2017 at 3:26 PM, Paul Trejo said:

All the hubbub about Nosenko is smoke and mirrors, IMHO.  A mere distraction.

Sure, Paul, Angleton had a concrete cell built inside an ordinary home in Washington; he had Nosenko, a LHO contact, tortured and interrogated for three years; and it's just some hubbub, in YOUR, sadistic, warped, opinion; and a humble opinion, at that.

Edited by Michael Clark

John Newman posted the following on Facebook today:

NARA 2017 RELEASE OF CIA RECORDS ON EARLE CABELL

Earle Cabell, brother of Deputy Director of Central Intelligence Charles P. Cabell and Mayor of Dallas Texas at the time JFK was assassinated there, was a CIA asset beginning in 1956. Attached are his 10/17/56 CIA Secrecy Agreement, his CIA 201 file cover sheet, his 5/13/57 CIA Personality 201 File Request, and a cover sheet indicating that the HSCA reviewed his 201 file. The NARA master listing of files scheduled for release indicates that the ARRB classified these records as "Not Believed Relevant" (NBR). ARRB Director Judge John Tunheim, at the recent CAPA event at the National Press Club said that he now believes that many of the NBR-designated documents are indeed relevant.

No automatic alt text available.

These comments were made following John Newman Facebook posting above:

Lee Shepherd: As I understand it, ZR was the digraph for Staff D, Cryptological Procurement (breaking and entering target premises to rifle through files). Staff D, dealt with NSA intercept material, among other more notorious activities and Harvey was a regular sit-in on the transcribes. He also oversaw Task Force W, the strike-team specifically targeted toward Cuba, and assassinations. Have you found any files relating to Staff D or TF-W yet?

John Newman
John Newman We have upward of a linear foot of Staff D and TFW documents. I don't know how many we have in the new release yet.

John Newman
John Newman I apologize for not explaining more about the ZRRIFLE program for those who might not be familiar with it. It was a fully deniable CIA assassination program. The program was hidden in a super secret compartment of the agency--Staff/D. The ostensible mission of Staff/D was to find criminals, spotters, safe crackers, and lock pickers to use for breaking into foreign embassies to steal their ciphers and communications codes for the National Security Agency. The handwritten notes of the chief of Staff D, William King Harvey, show the extraordinary lengths the CIA was willing to go to--creating intricate false records--in order to make the assassination program fully deniable. We know that at least three foreign leaders were targeted by this program: Castro in Cuba, Lumumba in the Congo, and Trujillo in Cuba. Seven chapters are devoted to these matters in my February 2017 released Volume II of my series on the assassination of President Kennedy--Countdown to Darkness.

The Newly Released JFK Files Lend Credence to a Few Major Conspiracy Theories

Last week, over 3,800 CIA and FBI documents related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy were released to the public. To put the release in context, we spoke with John Newman, a leading historian of the conspiracy.

https://psmag.com/news/jfk-files-conspiracy-theories

9 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

John Newman posted the following on Facebook today:

NARA 2017 RELEASE OF CIA RECORDS ON EARLE CABELL

Earle Cabell, brother of Deputy Director of Central Intelligence Charles P. Cabell and Mayor of Dallas Texas at the time JFK was assassinated there, was a CIA asset beginning in 1956. Attached are his 10/17/56 CIA Secrecy Agreement, his CIA 201 file cover sheet, his 5/13/57 CIA Personality 201 File Request, and a cover sheet indicating that the HSCA reviewed his 201 file. The NARA master listing of files scheduled for release indicates that the ARRB classified these records as "Not Believed Relevant" (NBR). ARRB Director Judge John Tunheim, at the recent CAPA event at the National Press Club said that he now believes that many of the NBR-designated documents are indeed relevant.

Article by Russ Baker on same:

https://whowhatwhy.org/2017/08/02/dallas-mayor-jfk-assassination-cia-asset/

I gave that Cabell document to John.

I got it from Dave Mantik.

I think Mantik got it from Fetzer's web site.  We should always credit the right people even if we don't like them.

My letter of Complaint to the NARA about the first week's releases, a very disappointing performance so far:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/open-letter-to-nara-concerning-first-release-of-documents

It would be nice if some others would join me in writing so that perhaps we don't have to put up with this kind of baloney until October when it all shuts down.

Edited by James DiEugenio

BTW, it may be time to reevaluate the performance of the ARRB.

That Earle Cabell document should not have been withheld by the ARRB.  Earle Cabell died in 1975.  About 20 years before the ARRB cranked up.

I would like to know how they missed that one, or how the CIA conned them into withholding it from the public.  If the latter, I would have liked to have heard that BS session.

To me, this is inexcusable under any circumstances.

So, the implication is that since Dallas Mayor 1963 Earl Cabell was a CIA asset, that the CIA-did-it CT gets a jump forward?

It's too pat; too predictable.  It proves nothing.  It remains just as possible that the Dallas Mayor was part of a local, Dallas-based plot by the Radical Right.

Totally unknown to the CIA.

Y'all give way too much credit to the CIA.

Local powers always have the upper hand -- if they take them.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo