The Education Forum

National Archives release first batch of 2017 JFK documents

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

So, the implication is that since Dallas Mayor 1963 Earl Cabell was a CIA asset, that the CIA-did-it CT gets a jump forward?

It's too pat; too predictable.  It proves nothing.  It remains just as possible that the Dallas Mayor was part of a local, Dallas-based plot by the Radical Right.

Totally unknown to the CIA.

Y'all give way too much credit to the CIA.

Local powers always have the upper hand -- if they take them.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Earl Cabell was the brother of The Deputy Director of the CIA whom Kennedy fired; Charles Cabell. 

But that means nothing to Paul Trejo. They would have to be conjoined twins for that to come under suspicion.

Like Ruth Paine's family attachements to the CIA and the MICC, and the official third-world raping agency, the USAID, "nothing to see here" according to Paul.

Edited by Michael Clark

The other thing that is important about these releases is the one on Collins Radio.

It seems that the Agency had its hooks into Dallas.

Right Mike, I am sure that the fact that Earle's brother was Deputy Director of the CIA means nothing to Paul.

But my question is why was that not declassified earlier? Cabell died in 1975.  There was no reason to withhold it.

6 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

But my question is why was that not declassified earlier? Cabell died in 1975.  There was no reason to withhold it.

Am I missing something Jim? It seems obvious that the CIA was still covering it's tracks to the Dallas hit.

Earle Cabell was a member of John Birch Society, a racist and ultra-conservative. He was also a member of the CIA-funded Texas Crusade for Freedom with such ultra-right figures in its rows as Ted Dealey, Harold Byrd, George De Morendschildt and other white Russian emigrés, e.g. Bouhe. His collaboration with the CIA may have had link to the Crusade for Freedom which was used to mask the CIA funding of the Free Europe Radio. In my opinion, Earle Cabell was in on the assassination as Jim Garrison  had suspected. His role could have been to make sure that the motorcade leads through Elm Street (not necessarily changing the plans, the plans were properly laid down from the start), and to ensure a collaboration of the local law enforcement.

Earle Cabell was a manager of the Texas Law Enforcement Foundation  which in 1960 had John Connally as the president. Besides such right-wingers and Kennedy-haters as Ted Dealey, Gordon McLendon was also a member of the Texas Law Enforcement Foundation. McLendon was the owner of KLIF radio and other radio stations across the country. Jack Ruby admired McLendon, and he allegedly (according to Seth Kantor) had shouted out McLendon's name shortly after his arrest. 

VInce Palamara, in his book prior to his last, proved that the motorcade route was changed less than 24 hours before Kennedy arrived in Dallas.

Cabell might have been involved in that.

I still am really at a loss to understand why that document was not declassified  by the ARRB.  Cabell had been dead for 19 years.  I am really puzzled as to whether the ARRB knew about it or not.  If they knew about it, then it really discounts my view of them.  If they did not know about it, then that tells me the CIA most likely kept it from them.  Which they were not supposed to do.  The ARRB was supposed to have seen everything, and then made calls on what could stay secret.

But as this release shows, that was not the case.

Edited by James DiEugenio

21 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Earl Cabell was the brother of The Deputy Director of the CIA whom Kennedy fired; Charles Cabell. 

But that means nothing to Paul Trejo. They would have to be conjoined twins for that to come under suspicion.

Like Ruth Paine's family attachements to the CIA and the MICC, and the official third-world raping agency, the USAID, "nothing to see here" according to Paul.

If Earl Cabell was not a CIA informer, that would be surprising given his brother's connections. What the "CIA-did-it" crowd has to prove is that the Cabell brothers were involved in a plot to kill JFK. Then you'll have something.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:30 AM, Andrej Stancak said:

Earle Cabell was a member of John Birch Society, a racist and ultra-conservative. He was also a member of the CIA-funded Texas Crusade for Freedom with such ultra-right figures in its rows as Ted Dealey, Harold Byrd, George De Morendschildt and other white Russian emigrés, e.g. Bouhe. His collaboration with the CIA may have had link to the Crusade for Freedom which was used to mask the CIA funding of the Free Europe Radio. In my opinion, Earle Cabell was in on the assassination as Jim Garrison  had suspected. His role could have been to make sure that the motorcade leads through Elm Street (not necessarily changing the plans, the plans were properly laid down from the start), and to ensure a collaboration of the local law enforcement.

Earle Cabell was a manager of the Texas Law Enforcement Foundation  which in 1960 had John Connally as the president. Besides such right-wingers and Kennedy-haters as Ted Dealey, Gordon McLendon was also a member of the Texas Law Enforcement Foundation. McLendon was the owner of KLIF radio and other radio stations across the country. Jack Ruby admired McLendon, and he allegedly (according to Seth Kantor) had shouted out McLendon's name shortly after his arrest. 

Andrej,

Your connection of Earle Cabell with the Radical Right in Dallas is enough data, actually.

There is no need to go any further than that, according to the 2015 Walker-did-it CT by Jeff Caufield.

I agree with your suspicion that Earle Cabell was a member of the JFK murder conspiracy.  Yet there is no need to bring the CIA into this, and thus no need to bring his brother, CIA senior Charles Cabell.

It remains as irrelevant that JFK fired Charles Cabell as it is irrelevant that JFK fired Allen Dulles.  What matters is the chain of evidence.

The CIA-did-it CT has had 50 years to prove its case, and it continues to fail miserably, and is dying a slow death before our eyes.

By the way, George De Morendschildt and other white Russian emigrés, e.g. George Bouhe were as Anti-fascist as they were Anti-communist, so you're mistaken to suspect them, IMHO.

It's the truly fascist element that should be suspected here -- not the FBI, the CIA, the Pentagon or even the Mafia.

It's the Radical Right.  Have you read Jeff Caufield's 2015 CT? 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

the wheels on the bus go round and round.....

Cabell was the CIA manager who the First Bank of Boston went to when determining whether the bank and affiliates should buy BELL Helicopter.  It was the CIA's guarantee that the limited wars in SE Asia: Laos and Vietnam would be fought using helicopters as a primary transportation vehicle.  It will be General Cabell who initiates the move of helicopters to Laos requiring a back fill... once the fill begins, it never ends.

As a result, a very shady loan was arranged via Prudential Life Insurance ($25M unsecured note with a 6-year repayment grace period!) to TEXTRON who buys Bell in 1960 when they were $100M in the red.  Key players include The Little Family (Royal and Arthur), Sun Life Insurance of London/Canada, G. William Miller, and the law firm of Cravath, Swain and Moore who brings us the #2 at defense - Roswell Gilpatrick, and our favorite John J McCloy, a partner at the firm.

Textron bought Bell Helicopter in July of 1960, four months before the election. Bell's sales were down an even hundred million in 1959 from nearly double that in 1953. Textron bought the company for what was considered one of the worst deals of the year - $32 million or exactly the company's book value. Yet Rupert C. Thompson, Jr. ; " then Textron Chairman (Miller was President) , boasted, "We knew we had our objective - 25 percent pre-tax profit on our investment - from day one."

From the huge helicopter profits TEXTRON began buying up related companies.  TEXTRON remains recognized for being the first conglomerate as well as being the crossroads for many of the highly placed players in the JFK saga....

FWIW, I believe those related to this sale represent the Cabal ultimately responsible for JFK's death.

David and Andrej - very interesting posts filling in some biographical details on the Cabell brothers that I was not aware of. Rather than being in its death throes, the CIA theory is alive and well. But I seriously believe it is limiting to think that it's either the CIA, or a right wing cabal. What we have is a right wing cabal made up of CIA, Pentagon, Defense and Oil execs who were also Birchers, Minutemen, Nazis, etc. Too many generals and colonels and ex-military to ignore.

Jim - I want to address your point by asking you what your involvement was with the AARB? If none, why did you have faith in their ultimate integrity? Does anyone think we are going to see the Joannides files in this document release? Or Phillips? Do you think QJWIN will be identified? Or will we find out more about Thomas Eli Davis? Or Gordon McLendon? What about the 488th reserve Army Intel group led by Jack Crichton and Colonel Brandstetter? 

I was in contact with Tom Samoluk and Jeremy Gunn at the ARRB.

I did an interview with Jeremy for Probe Magazine. He actually sent me a set of documents that he thought I would be interested in.  I was in  regular communication with Samoluk.

From my understanding of the way the ARRB worked, they were supposed to have indexes and summaries of each JFK document in each agency's vaults.  Each month, they would meet and go through progressively more and more documents.  Until finally, they were releasing literally whole collections of documents.  Besides national security dangers, or endangering an agent or operation, the only way something could be deferred was if it was deemed not assassination related.  

As I said above, this Cabell document could not have endangered an agent or asset since Cabell had passed on 19 years before.  And it sure as heck was assassination related.  I mean you add that up with the motorcade route change,  and the destruction of JFK's casket and my God how could it not be assassination related?

If this process keeps up--that is more and more documents which should not have been withheld now finally being released--then I really think the ARRB needs to be reevaluated..  We may have been too soft on them.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, Paul Brancato said:

i wonder how many CIA assets and agents it takes to screw in Paul Trejo's light bulb?

Four Aggies.  Rick Perry, Bush I (by association, his presidential library is at college station) and two sheep.

Of course the two sheep would have been previously dipped.

Edited by Ron Bulman