The Education Forum

Ruth - a typewriter - 15 days

There were a number of items that acted as the impetus for this work on Mexico...

Initially it was the fact that "LEE, Harvey Oswald" as written on the VISA is exactly the same as the signature on the Hotel Registry: "Lee, Harvey Oswald"...
comma and all.  Are we to believe Lee Harvey did not know his own name?  Only someone unfamiliar with Oswald would take the info on the VISA verbatim and transfer it to other evidence.  (kinda like the marked card 201 file with Lee HENRY)

But then I read a statement in the Lopez report that really got me going:

Choosing not to investigate anything related top this case is usually a way of covering up unpopular subjects.

We know from the way Sprague was ousted, Mexico City was a very sensitive area for the CIA...

Ok, what does the WCR say?  That this was basically an innocent trip having nothing to do with JFK... despite what rumors Alvarado started.

597b5c1a6b230_WCRsyasnoconnectionbetweenMexico-Oswald-JFKp658cropWCReport_0341b.jpg.1f52dbb6852c974ea3f96d7303325326.jpg

So my thinking was...  Enough is debated and theorized on the 5-7 days he's supposedly in Mexico.  The evidence related to his travel should be easy...

Buy a ticket, get a receipt, get on a bus with a passenger list, etc...   this was supposed to be an innocent man simply traveling to Mexico City..
A person can buy a 4 part ticket in New Orleans that would take them all the way... and what an easy item of evidence to prove Oswald was where the FBI and CIA claims he was.

So I started at the beginning of the summer of '63 and traced the evidence thru October 4th in Dallas.

One of the first things acquired related to this trip is the Tourist Visa, yet as I've shown there was concern over having to leave due to the 15 day period...  )Sept 17 thru Oct 2nd is exactly 15 days...) so once again, rather than understand what the visa was, based the application in evidence - a 6-month FM-5... the assumption and creation of the Mexican stamped Visas were for 15 day stays.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:03 PM, Ron Bulman said:

It was a 180 day visa, but Oswald did not apply for it.  Is That what someone new to the subject or thread should conclude? Mr. Josephs.  I realize their is much more detail.

So in fact Ron, if you look at how the exhibit is offered, the signature and the specifics of the Visa are not on the same copy of the evidence.  In fact, you'll notice the CE sticker covers and cuts off right where the 6-month explanation is printed...

As I dug more and more into the evidence (the FBI taking thousands of pages to hide the fact Oswald did none of the things offered in evidence... and Hoover knew it)

(side note:  the FBI formed the first foreign intel service the SIS in 1940.  Their task was to set up an intelligence network in the Western Hemisphere, while disbanded in 1945 to make way for the OSS and CIA, Hoover and gang did not simply let this valuable intel system fade away - in many cases Hovver's direct intel was better than waht was offered him via the CIA)

Edited by David Josephs

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all took a perfectly good question about Ruth Paine's disclosure of Lee Harvey Oswald's "Soviet Embassy Letter" of November 9, 1963, and then fell apart into debates over the direction of the JFK bullets in Dealey Plaza.

FOCUS!

David Von Pein is obviously correct that the timestamp on the envelope reads "Nov 12".  It's just that the "1" in the number "12" is printed very faintly.  All baby boomers who know the US Postal Service from childhood know that Post Office ink very often came out faint in one letter or number, and heavy in the next.  It's too obvious for words.

Yet even this postmark is outside the scope of the main theme, which is: did Lee Harvey Oswald write the "Soviet Embassy Letter" of November 9, 1963, or did Ruth Paine forge it?

To be perfectly clear about the debate, here is the letter again, in full:

MARINA NIKOLAYEVNA OSWALD, SOVIET CITIZEN

TO:  OVERSEAS DIVISION
        EMBASSY U.S.S.R.
        WASHINGGON, D.C.
        NOVEMBER 9, 1963

Dear Sirs,

This is to inform you of recent events since by meetings with comrade Kostin in the Embassy Of the Soviet Union, Mexico City, Mexico.

I was unable to remain in Mexico indefinitely because of my Mexican visa restrictions which was for 15 days only. I could not take a chance on requesting a new visa unless I used my real name, so I returned to the United States.

I had not planned to contact the Soviet embassy in Mexico so they were unprepared, had I been able to reach the Soviet Embassy in Havana as planned, the embassy there would have had time to complete our business.

Of course the Soviet embassy was not at fault, they were, as I say unprepared, the Cuban consulate was guilty of gross breach of regulations, I am glad he has since been replaced.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is not now interested in my activities in the progressive organization Fair Play For Cuba Committee, of which I was the secretary in New Orleans (state Louisiana) since I no longer reside in that state.

However, the F.B.I. has visited us here in Dallas, Texas, on November 1. Agent James P. Hasty warned me that if I engaged in F.P.P.C. activities in Texas the F.B.I. will again take an ‘interest’ in me.

This agent also ‘suggested’ to Marina Nichilayova that she could remain in the United States under F.B.I. ‘protection.’ that is, she could defect from the Soviet Uion, of course, I am my wife strongly protested these tactics by the notorious F.B.I.

Please inform us of the arrival of our Soviet entrance visa’s as soon as they come.

Also, this is to inform you of the birth, on October 20, 1963, of a DAUGHTER, AUDREY MARINA OSWALD in DALLAS, TEXAS, to my wife.

Respectfully,
Lee H. Oswald

Bear in mind, that mailing any letter to the Soviet Embassy in Washington DC would guarantee that the FBI would intercept it.  So, if (and only if) Lee Harvey Oswald actually wrote this letter (as I maintain), he would certainly know this.  IMHO, LHO certainly wrote it with the FBI foremost in his mind.  Indeed, the letter seems to poke and tease the FBI, in my reading.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

11 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Bear in mind, that mailing any letter to the Soviet Embassy in Washington DC would guarantee that the FBI would intercept it.  So, if (and only if) Lee Harvey Oswald actually wrote this letter (as I maintain), he would certainly know this.  

(Bold, above, is mine)

Paul

So, if LHO did not mail the letter, he would not know that such a letter would be intercepted?

I am not seeing anything coherent in your argument.

What else is new?

2 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

David Von Pein is obviously correct that the timestamp on the envelope reads "Nov 12".  It's just that the "1" in the number "12" is printed very faintly

Bullsh!! Paul.

The "1" you and DVP claim is there - is not.  It is simply the pattern of the paper on this huge blow-up.

I brought this up in relation to the 15-day visa with LEE, HARVEY OSWALD printed on it and the 6-month (180-day) application the WCR offers as the form Oswald used to get this 15-day visa.

Sorry - doesn't work that way Paul.  Since there is no form signed by Oswald for a 15-day visa... the one offered by the WC was created to serve a purpose...  It is in that letter where Oswald supposedly brings this up - he had to leave due to the 15 day limit. 

Since he didn't have a 15-day visa and didn't have to leave on the 2nd.... only someone not familiar with the evidence would use the 15-day visa as an excuse for having to leave and "not get his business done"....

That this "15-days" is in the draft and finished typed version, and then the typed version is incorrectly dated, leads most of us here with insight to understand the falseness of the evidence related to Mexico City.  

There is no "1" there Paul...  and if you're going to simply be contrary to hear yourself type... don't.    You type first, think second and then never fix your mistakes.

Let's try this in a simple way for you....  all the evidence related to Mexico City was fabricated by the FBI and Mexican authorities to cover for the fact Oswald met with Odio on the 26th/27th of Sept and was not en route to or from Mexico City as the FBI offers. 

The 15-day Visa therefore, is a fabrication and never had any bearing on the events other than to clash with the application from which it supposedly came... That the CIA's Gaudet received the Visa previous to Oswald's should cause you no concern....  :rolleyes:

5978bec54f3b5_PostmarkonRuthPaineTypedletterofOswaldtoRussianEmbassyinDC-no1there.thumb.jpg.90bae1f61937e7addb466fea75ba9e88.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

3 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Bullsh!! Paul.

The "1" you and DVP claim is there - is not.  It is simply the pattern of the paper on this huge blow-up.

I brought this up in relation to the 15-day visa with LEE, HARVEY OSWALD printed on it and the 6-month (180-day) application the WCR offers as the form Oswald used to get this 15-day visa.

Sorry - doesn't work that way Paul.  Since there is no form signed by Oswald for a 15-day visa... the one offered by the WC was created to serve a purpose...  It is in that letter where Oswald supposedly brings this up - he had to leave due to the 15 day limit. 

Since he didn't have a 15-day visa and didn't have to leave on the 2nd.... only someone not familiar with the evidence would use the 15-day visa as an excuse for having to leave and "not get his business done"....

That this "15-days" is in the draft and finished typed version, and then the typed version is incorrectly dated, leads most of us here with insight to understand the falseness of the evidence related to Mexico City.  

There is no "1" there Paul...  and if you're going to simply be contrary to hear yourself type... don't.    You type first, think second and then never fix your mistakes.

Let's try this in a simple way for you....  all the evidence related to Mexico City was fabricated by the FBI and Mexican authorities to cover for the fact Oswald met with Odio on the 26th/27th of Sept and was not en route to or from Mexico City as the FBI offers. 

The 15-day Visa therefore, is a fabrication and never had any bearing on the events other than to clash with the application from which it supposedly came... That the CIA's Gaudet received the Visa previous to Oswald's should cause you no concern....  :rolleyes:

5978bec54f3b5_PostmarkonRuthPaineTypedletterofOswaldtoRussianEmbassyinDC-no1there.thumb.jpg.90bae1f61937e7addb466fea75ba9e88.jpg

Yup, Paul is wrong, and he knows it.

The '1' is right there looking at you, and your reaction is just  DENIAL, DENIAL!

LHO wrote this letter on the weekend of 11/9/1963, to yank the FBI chain, and he did a GREAT JOB.

Then, LHO personally mailed it on 11/12/1963.

That much is clear to me.

What remains unclear is his cluster of motives ... to bug the FBI...to bug Ruth Paine...to continue to Fake being an official of the FPCC...to support Guy Banister and Interpen in their New Orleans operation...and what else??

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

7 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

The '1' is right there looking at you, and your reaction is just  DENIAL, DENIAL!

LHO wrote this letter on the weekend of 11/9/1963, to yank the FBI chain, and he did a GREAT JOB.

That much is clear to me.

What remains unclear is his cluster of motives ... to bug the FBI...to bug Ruth Paine...to continue to Fake being an official of the FPCC...to support Guy Banister and Interpen in their New Orleans operation...and what else??

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

He he he he!... lol!

I actually feel kind of bad, It is not my nature to be amused by watching another person crumble in a way that Paul is crumbling.

I am looking to reset myself, but not in this post!

And you remain deaf, dumb and obviously blind. 

Cause you WANT it to be there does not make it so Paul...  in fact the arrows point to identical "1's" where the top and bottom are round and there is just about a space in the middle.

As for Oswald mailing it...  Prove it Paul.  All you've done is build a case of supposition on your incorrect analysis... (sounds like a line from your resume)

On 8/1/2017 at 3:35 PM, Paul Trejo said:

And you know this ...  how?

Speaking of how and this letter....  how does Ruth KNOW it is false that the FBI is not now interested in Oswald (related to the FPCC and his New Orleans work)

Mr. JENNER - You saw it. And it was folded at what point, now that you have the transcript of it before you? 
Mrs. PAINE - At the top of what I could see of the paper. In other words, it was just below the fold. It said, "The FBI is not now interested in my activities." 
Mr. JENNER - Is that what arrested your attention? 
Mrs. PAINE - Yes. 
Mr. JENNER - What did you do? 
Mrs. PAINE - I then proceeded to read the whole note, wondering, knowing this to be false, wondering why he was saying it. I was irritated to have him writing a falsehood on my typewriter, I may say, too. I felt I had some cause to look at it. 

Let's look at some knowingly false possibilities - Ruth's Nov calendar is a study in contradiction:

The "Dr Lic" appt appears to have been on Nov 2 not the 9th.  And any ideas on why Ruth forgets to write in her daughter's birthday AND her party given all the other items Ruth keeps track of.

You see Paul... these are things that do not add up to corroboration for the story told.  In fact, Mr. Slack puts an Oswald at the Sports Drome on the 10th as our little Oswald is in Irving.

You then expect us to accept that Oswald takes this finished, addressed and stamped envelope and leaves it - where?  He supposedly mails it for the 5pm stamping on the 12th....

When do you suppose he was able to get to IRVING on a Tuesday?  Wesley takes him Monday morn and Friday after work...

Can you explain how/when Oswald mailed this letter, from Irving, on a Tuesday? (edit - when instead, he was in Irving on Sat the 2nd.... Oooops!)

Edited by David Josephs

and by the way... the handwritten letter does not have a fold under the line about the FBI:

"The FBI is not now interested in my....."  I did this to confirm the bleed is from that letter, which it is... but in doing so, any creases in that paper would POP out like a sore thumb..

Except there is no crease....   Could Ruth, the FBI and the WC be trying to pull a fast one on us here Paul?

A blow up of that "line"

Mrs. PAINE - At the top of what I could see of the paper. In other words, it was just below the fold. It said, "The FBI is not now interested in my activities." 

Edited by David Josephs

We know now that Oswald was taken off the FBI watch list just prior to the assassination; but how did OSWALD know it, so that he included it in. His letter to the Soviet embassy? Assuming that Oswald wrote the letter, of course.

The FBI doesn't exactly send you a notice when you're removed from their watch list. So either Oswald was connected in some way to the FBI, or he had an informant in the FBI who told him. Or he didn't write the letter, but someone with that knowledge wrote the letter. I won't point the finger at the Paynes here...because...how would THEY have known?

THIS should be the answer to seek. Answer this question, and you may have the JFK assassination mystery solved.

13 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

We know now that Oswald was taken off the FBI watch list just prior to the assassination; but how did OSWALD know it, so that he included it in. His letter to the Soviet embassy? Assuming that Oswald wrote the letter, of course.

The FBI doesn't exactly send you a notice when you're removed from their watch list. So either Oswald was connected in some way to the FBI, or he had an informant in the FBI who told him. Or he didn't write the letter, but someone with that knowledge wrote the letter. I won't point the finger at the Paynes here...because...how would THEY have known?

THIS should be the answer to seek. Answer this question, and you may have the JFK assassination mystery solved.

Iganov.. working the phone tap, directed by...

Hunt, who wrote the letter, (or informed LHO about his FBI status).... who was instructed by

MCcord, who was working off of plans drawn-up by.....

Liddy, who, with William F. Buckley were working with the nod of the NE establishment.

.?