The Education Forum

James McCord Jr.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"McCord worked for the Central Intelligence Agency. In 1961, and under his direction, a counter-intelligence program was launched against the Fair Play for Cuba Committee." (Wikipedia; Oswald and the CIA by John Newman p.138)"

15 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

From this thread...

G. Gordon Liddy and Marathon Oil—1962 to 1963

By Ashton Gray,  January 20, 2007 in JFK Assassination Debate 

" I only have some sketchy information ...........

G. Gordon Liddy was in the FBI from 1957 until September 1962, and prior to resigning in September 1962 had been involved in COINTELPRO.......

.......And who else was in New York City during this fertile period in 1963? James McCord, of CIA's Manhattan Field Office. In fact, there are some indications that McCord may even have been the "Special Agent In Charge" of the Manhattan Field Office."

Ashton Gray

According to Russ Baker, then-Director of Central Intelligence Allen Dulles once introduced McCord to an Air Force colonel as "the best man we have".[9] In 1961, and under his direction, a counter-intelligence program was launched against the Fair Play for Cuba Committee.[10] He also held the rank of lieutenant colonel in the United States Air Force Reserve.

------------------------------

CIA and faux Air Force Colonel? Doesn't that place James McCord arm-in-arm with Landsdale?

Edit**** This was a duplicate post. I used it to add the above without bumping the post.

Edited by Michael Clark

• 8 months later...

It strikes me as odd that that it was deemed necessary to swear McCord to secrecy on October, 16, 1963; 14 months after he received his Q clearance from The Atomic Energy Agency. What was going on, in October of 1963, that required his being sworn, and was deemed more important than his access to nuclear secrets over the previous year?

104-10124-10007.pdf

Edited by Michael Clark

On 4/3/2018 at 9:04 PM, David Boylan said:

Thanks David, so we have McCord working for Phillips at a time when McCord was leading a project to infiltrate the FPCC. Oswald, would be highly recommended for such an infiltration job because of his highly public defection to the Soviet Union. Some of that publicity would come from the Dallas and Fort Worth areas; Phillips home town.

On 4/3/2018 at 9:04 PM, David Boylan said:

David, do you have any idea when this was released? Was it part of a recent release? It strikes me as being hugely important. Can anyone put this in perspective for me? Is it important, is not? Potentially? Why?

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

David, do you have any idea when this was released? Was it part of a recent release? It strikes me as being hugely important. Can anyone put this in perspective for me? Is it important, is not? Potentially? Why?

Cheers,

Michael

Michael it was part of the Nov9-2017 release.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:53 PM, Michael Clark said:

James McCord Jr. should have an entry in the JFK section; if only a link to the Watergate forum thread...

I'll say. Every time I think I've encountered all the names that could be important, threads pull me back in...

The Dallas / Watergate nexus, Peter Dale Scott wrote about decades ago is very useful to re-examine. Thanks. 

It strikes me, when looking at David Phillips and his operatives, that we are trying to understand what his relationship was to Oswald. I agree it’s important. But as in so many of the leads we follow, it doesn’t necessarily bring us closer to who killed JFK, unless we think Oswald was a shooter. The entire WC report and so-called investigation focussed on Oswald, because the agenda was to convict him of the crime. 

Is there a reason to think that McCord was a shooter?