The Education Forum

James McCord Jr.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Malcolm Blunt

Begin msg

Maheu was contracted to the CIA Office of Security,specifically SRS(Security Research Staff(Chief General Paul Gaynor and Deputy Chief Bruce Solie......SRS set up the Confidential Correspondents Group to undertake black bag jobs,bugging ,surveillance and any other dirty work,the euphemistically named Correspondents Group started around 1954,interestingly one of the first guys to hold the Correspondents Desk inside SRS was James McCord.......Maheu received a retainer of $500 per month as a Confidential Correspondents Group contractor for OS/SRS

End Msg

On 4/15/2018 at 9:15 PM, Michael Clark said:

To be sure Paul, I am not entertaining the idea that McCord killed Hoover. Honestly, I have a hard time imagining anyone doing such  a thing unless they say they did it and described how it went down; it's just a failing of my imagination. For example, in basic terms, I find James Files believable; I only discount his culpability based on the opinions of more Savvy researchers and commentators who seem to have a knack for idendifying prevaricators.

I can imaginine Hoover being killed as an operation that doesn't include faces or names. 

Further, the chicken and the egg could go either way here, with the Watergate op being spurned into action by the death of Hoover. By my comment above I am only noting the possible relationship between the two.

I agree somewhat on Files. If someone who knew little about the assassination seen his interview I'd put money on them believing it. The guy can tell a story.

That is really interesting about McCord and Maheu.

See, the thing is, the MSM passed off McCord as a put upon technician through the Watergate scandal.

But Angleton actually said words to the effect that McCord was not just a technician, he was an operator.

3 hours ago, John Kozlowski said:

I agree somewhat on Files. If someone who knew little about the assassination seen his interview I'd put money on them believing it. The guy can tell a story.

Files had Jim Marrs interested and involved for a time.  Then that stopped abruptly.  Files wasn't acting alone creating his story.

4 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

From Malcolm Blunt

Begin msg

Maheu was contracted to the CIA Office of Security,specifically SRS(Security Research Staff(Chief General Paul Gaynor and Deputy Chief Bruce Solie......SRS set up the Confidential Correspondents Group to undertake black bag jobs,bugging ,surveillance and any other dirty work,the euphemistically named Correspondents Group started around 1954,interestingly one of the first guys to hold the Correspondents Desk inside SRS was James McCord.......Maheu received a retainer of $500 per month as a Confidential Correspondents Group contractor for OS/SRS

End Msg

Thanks once again Bart and Uncle Malcom.  This also adds perspective and depth to Maheu's role in the RFK assassination as revealed in Lisa Pease's A Lie Too Big To Fail.  You know, the Ace Security guard Thane Cesar, holding Bobby's arm, working for Maheu in LA before the assassination, and all that jazz.

17 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Files had Jim Marrs interested and involved for a time.  Then that stopped abruptly.  Files wasn't acting alone creating his story.

Oh I know. I was just saying I watched his video one time and if I didn't know better I would've bought it. 

He said Oliver Stone wanted his story too but he wouldnt talk to him. I'd love to know the story behind that and is it all really BS.

Do you have a time frame when Marrs was involved?

Edited by John Kozlowski

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is really interesting about McCord and Maheu.

See, the thing is, the MSM passed off McCord as a put upon technician through the Watergate scandal.

But Angleton actually said words to the effect that McCord was not just a technician, he was an operator.

I've read quite a few times that McCord was a top "operator". I was always under the impression he a very important part of the missions he was involved in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, Bart Kamp said:

From Malcolm Blunt

Begin msg

End Msg

Bumping this for Bob Ness on the Is McCord Dead thread. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Bumping this for Bob Ness on the Is McCord Dead thread. 

Thanks Ron. My original post:

Methinks McCord was Sheffield Edwards' "Mr. Wolf" (from Pulp Fiction). He goes out and tidy's up boo-boos for the CIA (or any other customer) when they get clumsy. Tracing his whereabouts with that in mind and analyizing the results of his actions could lead to some interesting conclusions. For instance, filleting Nixon et al benefits whom? He was alleged to be all over the Frank Olson death with the NYPD making sure they concluded it was suicide.

Do you know whether he is lurking around in the RFKA or is that what you're (Ron) asking?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rob Couteau said:

Jim,

Someone at wiki must have just spotted your article on McCord; their entry now includes his death. The history of the page includes this: "1 April 2019‎ Infrogmation talk contribs‎ 8,548 bytes+118‎ Apparently he died in June 2017, age 92 https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/181059465/james-walter-mccord undo".

BTW, a great piece of work; you managed to condense all the essentials and make it flow smoothly. And with a nicely shaped and a deserved homage to Jim Hougan's research.

Here's a great doc to do some further research on. I believe McCord was Wiley's case officer.  https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=148835&search=mccord#relPageId=1&tab=page

Here's a few items I've picked out:

McCord as Case Officer (to Wiley?)

J. B. Matthews inquiring about Jack Rubinstein in 1958. Matthews was considered an anti-Communist expert. HUAC, Bircher, etc.

J. B. Matthews

I think this relates to "Wiley" getting arrested in Havana as part of an operation to find out info about 3 CIA employees being arrested. Was this David Christ et al?

Heavily redacted but mentions that MRR, Artime's group, was heavily infiltrated by G-2

Mentions disrupting World Youth Festivals. Previously disrupted Helsinki. This would be the summer of 1962. We know that CIA sent members of DRE to do this. And we know that Rolando Cubela/AMLASH was also there at that time.

They also sent Tepidino and Henry Sloman (Tony Sforza) to try and recruit Cubela yet again.

Edited by David Boylan

• 2 months later...