The Education Forum

I recently discovered the British TV series "Time Team". It is fantastic series. If an EF Archaeology forum was created and Time Team video links were hosted therein, preferably from a better source than YouTube, it could be a place  for interesting discussion. While the YouTube videos do contain decent commentary in the discussion area, it is still YouTube and those discussions do devolve a bit. EF would be good place for such discussions.

It's Channell 4 in England, not BBC. I thought the Brits might have a connection to get permission for good links to good video. Some of the YouTube videos have audio that is out of synch. 

It might be old school stuff for UKers, but I just discovered it, and I am hooked.

Thanks for the consideration all.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:46 AM, Evan Burton said:

I don't see any reason that couldn't be done. Let me get approval to do that and I'll advise here when done.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:11 PM, Kathy Beckett said:

I'm sure we could put up an Archaeology  section, though.

If you see fit to open an archeology subforum paerhaps James or John Simkin (UK) could ask some of the former Time Team cast to join the forum. They have become iconic figures to me since I have become such a fan of the show since I discovered it a month or so ago. I am no fan of the Telly, so this is unheard-of for me.

I didn't quote James in this reply because I haven't seen him weigh-in on this idea yet, and I don't know if he is keen on-it.

Cheers, 

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 3:46 AM, Evan Burton said:

I don't see any reason that couldn't be done. Let me get approval to do that and I'll advise here when done.

Hi Evan, do you see a possibility that archaeological forum could be opened?

Cheers,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Another Very cool Time Team episode 

The Trouble with Temples episode 16-1

A hoard, sacrifices, a (IMHO) pre Roman human-head-looking stone; several temple foundations.

One thing that has never seen, in my viewing of TT,  is the mention  or understanding of a Nympheaum. I think that was sorely missed here. 

Enjoy,

Edited by Michael Clark

• 1 month later...

Apologies for such an excessive delay. I have created an Archaeology sub-forum under Curriculum Subjects > Social Sciences > Archaeology.

If you like, I'll see about moving these posts to a Time Team thread.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 5:51 PM, Evan Burton said:

Apologies for such an excessive delay. I have created an Archaeology sub-forum under Curriculum Subjects > Social Sciences > Archaeology.

If you like, I'll see about moving these posts to a Time Team thread.

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the archaeology forum. And, sure, moving this to a Time Team thread would be cool. That said,  time Team forum would be good. There are hundreds up episodes. I don't think one thread would suffice. One thread per episode would be more like it.

Thanks again,

Mike