The Education Forum
Kathy Beckett

Jim Marrs Has Passed Away

How very, very sad.

His was the first book i read on the Assassination.

RIP, Jim.

Jim was an original, full of knowledge and wisdom. He was the General in the army of truth tellers and will be sorely missed by admirers far and wide.

That is really too bad.  I thought he was going to pull through the stroke and blindness in one eye.

Crossfire was a fine book.  They screwed him with the index.  It did not come out until much later.

Highly recommended- GET THE DVD:

I met Jim in 1997 and 2016 (both times in Dallas); great guy.

How sad.

It's just a coincidence that I began reading Crossfire a few days ago.

Thanks for writing that Mr. Marrs. You'll be greatly missed.

1 hour ago, Kathy Beckett said:

His was the first book i read on the Assassination.

Same here. 

RIP.

I really liked Crossfire. I never met Jim. But I've always thought of him as a positive, cool guy and a great spirit.

4 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Same here. 

RIP.

It was the first to show me the light.  After Seth Kantor's Ruby Cover Up, who he credits, and the mob did it stuff, Crossfire brought to light and legitimacy other considerations.  I've read it influenced Oliver Stone's JFK which in turn inspired the ARRB.   After the book came out I read he worked for the Fort Worth Star Telegram in the 60's.  Later I read about his teaching about the assassination at the University of Texas at Arlington.   Being born in Fort Worth and a graduate of UTA I felt a connection and was inspired to read deeper.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_9?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=crossfire+jim+marrs&sprefix=crossfire%2Caps%2C170&crid=35QWCFDGJVKMY

Maybe it was his smile or beard but I thought if for some reason if I saw him in a restaurant in Decatur and smiled and nodded he might do the same.  I've read he had a place to go to on his acreage in Paradise (TX) with a nice view to think.  I'd like to think he's even happier now than he was there.

Best condolences to his wife, other family and friends.     

Edited by Ron Bulman

When I turn around there is CROSSFIRE on my bookshelf. R.I.P.  

Like many others, Crossfire was the first book I read on the assassination.

I never met Jim, but he seemed to me to be the Grandfather figure of our community. Not so much as he started things, but in the sense that he always seemed warm and willing to talk. He never bashed anyone in their attempts to find the truth and there was no stupid question to Jim.

Perhaps Mr. Marrs can send us some clues from Heaven!

One quote for Jim Marrs always stuck with me.  He said that CTers continually debate whether the CIA killed JFK or the Mafia or the FBI or the Dallas Police or the Radical Right or whomever, but the truth is really elements from many groups acting together.

Jim said that in the late eighties, IIRC.  He nearly solved the case alone -- all he needed was more cooperation.

I miss him already.

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

I had the pleasure to speak with Jim after John Armstrong recommended he read some of my work... 

We discussed a few things and he sent me a signed INDEX to his book (as Jim D mentions, it came out separately)

He gave me some advice as an aspiring writer and I was left with a wonderful feeling - connecting the man with the work I had found so compelling.

He'll remain a wonderful inspiration for us all

DJ

One great proposition in Crossfire is that (in paraphrase) JFK's assassination was not a right-wing action nor a left-wing action, but a centrist action.  Which works when you think of the interests of the highest echelons of plotters and authorizers.  Marrs, if I remember, went on to say that in the assassination, a number of disparate interests coalesced into action.

Crossfire remains a good book for presenting various theories and considering a range of events - it's no wonder Oliver Stone used it as one of his script sources.

Edited by David Andrews