The Education Forum

Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I attempted today to post this topic and the link to it on Facebook but Facebook refused to allow me to do so. My attempt was at 7:-04 pm (central time) on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017. I am officially recording what happened on Facebook here in the forum because the information in this topic that I have provided Special Counsel Mueller may appear subsequently  in the criminal indictments that the Special Counsel will hand down in the not too distant future.

As you may be aware Facebook is being investigated by the proper authorities for permitting Russia to post on Facebook fake ads and fake news that attacked Hillary and favored Trump  during the 2016 presidential campaign.  For months Facebook denied it allowed this to happen. But recently it was forced to admit publicly that it did allow Russia to place ads on Facebook and was paid in Russian rubles to do so.

This aspect may be a factor in Facebook refusing today to allow me to post my link to this topic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/us/politics/facebook-google-russia-meddling-disclosure.html

Edited by Douglas Caddy

So they're overcompensating now. I've heard they've hired a total of 4000 people this year to go through posts.

Doug, i wonder if you're given a forum or you intend to ask them what specifically is their issue with what you've written.

It makes me wonder if they're actually doing this to try to make a statement about how difficult what they're being asked to do is.

The real problem with FB is the business model in my opinion. Over a billion users so far and more to come, able to use the site for free. But it's not at all free. A subscription model could be free of ads and interference, and could bring in huge income for very low cost per user. Instead we have advertisers pay, and we are subjected to all manner of crap, political and commercial, data mining, loss of privacy. It's really ridiculous. 

I am pleased to report that Facebook today restored my ability to post on my home page.  I attribute the restoration, which I trust is not just temporary, to my posting here yesterday in the forum of FB"s decision to deny my posting of this particular thread. Google and Bing regularly read what has been posted in the Education Forum and as a result my protest here yesterday likely quickly caught FB's attention. This leads me to wonder if we as forum members fully appreciate the exterior power of the forum that stems from what is posted in it..

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 6:27 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Doug, Is this cleansing for you? I know you were a big follower of Buckley at this time. I have to admit, he plays the as-hole and puts up the good fight. I'd be curious as to how you felt when you first saw this, and I'm very appreciative you saw fit to share this, as I think it's a very insightful depiction of the day.

Kirk: The video is a revelation. Clearly not only did James Baldwin carry the day in arguing his case but he emerged as a better public speaker than Bill Buckley. The modern mass conservative movement that emerged from Buckley's National Review and from Young Americans for Freedom in the 1960s clearly was wrong in opposing the cause of civil rights. Prominent conservative columnist James Jackson Kilpatrick of Virginia at one point declared that the position of the conservative movement on this issue had been morally and legally indefensible. HIs statement was in the form of an apology.

I think that Buckley in his weak response to Baldwin showed that he too was coming to this realization.

However,  when one thinks of today's conservatives one visualizes White Supremacists. Racism reigns supreme in that movement.

I hope the cable news networks like MSNBC and the main internet news sites like AOL report this latest Roger Stone story.

An inner circle member of the Trump team loses emotional control to a disturbing degree which results in his banishment from one of our main internet social sharing sites. 

Birds of a feather?

12 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I hope the cable news networks like MSNBC and the main internet news sites like AOL report this latest Roger Stone story.

An inner circle member of the Trump team loses emotional control to a disturbing degree which results in his banishment from one of our main internet social sharing sites. 

Birds of a feather?

Twitter's ban of Roger Stone has been widely reported by the media. Stone says he is going to sue Twitter but the reality is he does not have the tens of thousands of dollars to pay the legal fees to in pursue a case that is a loser from the start.

The sealed indictment of Paul Manafort was released today.  Stone and Manafort go way back to high school together. They were partners in Black, Stone and Manafort, that rode to power on Reagan's coattails. Stone's twitter outburst last week was likely motivated that Special Counsel Mueller knows about everything these two have been involved in together from day one. There are 30 to 40 persons biting their nails right now as they see Sheriff Mueller on his horse coming over the horizon. Mueller's probe will last well into 2018 and likely into 2019. If Stone is not indicted, he still may be named as an unindicted co-conspirator down the road, as was Nixon in the Watergate cover-up indictment.

Not really defending Stone, but Twitter is largely a cesspool. Their banning Stone makes no sense in light of everything else going on there. Rumors have been going around that Mueller looking into social media execs as part of Russia probe. I would imagine Twitter would be at the top of his list.