The Education Forum

Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election

17 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

So the cartels are America's fault?

They exist to feed the American drug market.  The situation is exacerbated by the American prohibitions against drugs.

I understand supply and demand but doesn't personal responsibility come in to play somewhere?

Doesn't collective responsibility come into play somewhere?

Why did their government allow their country to be overrun and why don't they do something about it?

Why has the American government knocked off democratically elected governments in Latin America?

They were offered asylum in Mexico and they need to accept that. If someone was trying to murder you at your house and you escaped would you run to the first person that could help or would you keep going until you got to a house of your liking?

We collectively owe them asylum.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

International law states it's the applicant's option to apply wherever they want. The reason is simple. If you're a refugee from Nazi Germany, your argument would be the refugees should simply apply in Poland, where the ovens were waiting. People fleeing Guatemala may have family here or their pursuers may be FROM Mexico. You're oversimplifying IMO and I don't know that they have been offered asylum, since you haven't sourced your claim. That may be true, I just wonder if it's true for all of them.

Then, by all means, they are welcome to apply here.  But they should also be prepared to be rejected as asylum was available closer to home. 

10 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Sure it is.  Covered California is sustainable.

I know that doesn't match the lies Trump says about it...

I live in a place like Canada or Norway -- affordable health care, rent control, social security.

I like to call it -- "civilization."

How is socialized healthcare sustainable on a national scale? Can you show me some numbers? We could get rid of our entire military budget and not have enough money to provide healthcare for all. Show me how.

Just now, Ty Carpenter said:

How is socialized healthcare sustainable on a national scale?

Ask Canada.

Can you show me some numbers?

Can I show you some countries that provide affordable health care?

Cuba, for one...

We could get rid of our entire military budget and not have enough money to provide healthcare for all. Show me how.

The USA spends something like 30 trillion a year on health care, twice per capita what other Western countries spend.

Maybe we should study them.

Wow, now this is really getting off track.

To try and return it a bit.  Although, LBJ gets credit for Medicare, it was really Kennedy who tried to get it passed first.

It did not work, but at the time of his death he was in contact with he House leaders in order to get another vote on it.

3 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Ask Canada.

Cuba, for one...

The USA spends something like 30 trillion a year on health care, twice per capita what other Western countries spend.

I agree reforms are needed. Canada affords it by cutting back on quality care and by having death panels. Why would I want a politician telling my doctor what kind of care I can receive?

1 hour ago, Ty Carpenter said:

You've seen the actual Mueller report?

I read the news.  I've read that Don Jr. met with Russians who promised dirt on Hillary; I've read that Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates met with a former member of Russian military intelligence to share polling data; I've read that Trump gave Russian officials secret Israeli intelligence; I've read that Jared Kushner was trying to establish a back channel to the Kremlin; I've read about 100 contacts between Trump operatives and Russians; I've read about them lying about these contacts; I've read that Trump sought to build a Trump Tower in Moscow etc etc ad infinitum.

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

To try and return it a bit.  Although, LBJ gets credit for Medicare, it was really Kennedy who tried to get it passed first.

It did not work, but at the time of his death he was in contact with he House leaders in order to get another vote on it.

Exactly why this conversation does not belong in a JFK forum.

Just now, Cliff Varnell said:

I read the news.  I've read that Don Jr. met with Russians who promised dirt on Hillary; I've read that Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates met with a former member of Russian military intelligence to share polling data; I've read that Trump gave Russian officials secret Israeli intelligence; I've read that Jared Kushner was trying to establish a back channel to the Kremlin; I've read about 100 contacts between Trump operatives and Russians; I've read about them lying about these contacts; I've read that Trump sought to build a Trump Tower in Moscow etc etc ad infinitum.

I've also read many ridiculous statements with no kernel of truth in them. I think this is Jim's commentary on the state of our news media.

I agree reforms are needed. Canada affords it by cutting back on quality care and by having death panels. Why would I want a politician telling my doctor what kind of care I can receive?

Which is why Rand Paul went to Canada to get a rib operation...I don't think you know what you're talking about.

7 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Ask Canada.

Cuba, for one...

The same Cuba where people board makeshift rafts and float through the ocean trying to flee its borders?

3 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

And it was Teddy Kennedy who killed a national health care plan Carter put together in 1977.

Just say'n...

The same Cuba where people board makeshift rafts and float through the ocean trying to flee its borders?

Same one.  As bad off as that country is the government still manages to give people health care.

Why can't the USA?