The Education Forum

Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election

Thanks for that Ron.

I did not see any of that on TV, did you?

All I saw is Trump venting his spleen.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Exactly?  Schiff's a Hero for saying that's not ok.  

That's my take although I think it's self-evident. I edited for clarity.

Edited by Bob Ness

3 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Jim says:   In the House, the gassy Schiff is still not ready to lay off. Even when they are nailing him with his past pronouncements.

Yes Jim, I think you've supplanted Sean Hannity as Trump's bedside confidant.You appear to really have incensed him with your comments!

I l do love the phrase, "The gassy Schiff". To hear you tell it, Between your phrase, Adam Schiff and Devin Nunes, there's a lot of "gassiness'  going on down there in Socal!  Or maybe you all could be characterized as Phil Hartmann ( R.I.P.)  would say, as "sassy". You're certainly "sassy" Jim, and Adam Schiff,?   Man he's way "sassy"! And Devin Nunes???? (Prowling around the White House lawn),..... Ok maybe not so sassy.

As Cliff noted at the time. You were quite eager to take a victory lap about this even before any comment from Barr. I get it, it is a secure feeling, being the official.

Obviously enough circumstantial evidence here to put away a black man. (Maybe even Obama with a Republican Congress?)

I call it the "single bullsh-t theory."

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Oh please, here comes Kirk and his DiEugenio Dartboard.

YAWN.

I would have a lot more respect for Adam if he would say; "I was wrong about the Steele Dossier.  There are things in there that are provably false. And we should have admitted that HRC paid for it much earlier, we should not have blocked that info.  I also should not have said it had never been disproven. But I wanted to keep this whole thing alive politically and I was wrong.  And we should have been more honest about what the FBI used it for.  What they did with it was quite dodgy."

When Adam says anything like that , which all happens to be true, I will then take back what I said.

Hold your breath until he does.  It will happen on the same day Dan Rather comes clean on the CBS cover up about the Warren Commission.

Here is the proof of what CBS and Danny Boy did.   https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/why-cbs-covered-up-the-jfk-assassination

Please Kirk, show me where you have ever written anything comparable to that in this field?

Edited by James DiEugenio

Yawn! ???

I conceded you were said "sassy" Jim, but I didn't say you had a "sense of humor." I know you like being the official but get that stick out of your butt!

Ok, back to the Steele dossier and HRC inevitably. (yawn) 

Fusion GPS was contracted by the conservative political website the Washington Free Beacon to provide opposition research.on Trump. . Everyone knows the chain of possession Jim, even if you don't..

Jim says:

But Schiff wanted to keep this whole thing alive politically

So you're saying that Schiff could actually keep it alive or kill the  whole thing on his own? That's crazy! There  were media  investigations into Trump on many levels. Some of it  started from the day of his election, that had taken on a life of it's own  despite later public efforts of the Republican backed Congress to suppress it.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Please Kirk, show me where you have ever written anything comparable to that in this field?

Talk about gassy!

Irony is alive and well...

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Has "Cover-Up General" William Barr Struck Again?

Barr's history of helping Republican presidents in legal crises may explain why Trump brought him back in to head the Justice Department

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/03/26/has-cover-general-william-barr-struck-again?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork&fbclid=IwAR0jQjgp3Shm4kaQ2b9KIxoJmNPTH3eOdcEpIMWfFxcJBUOa3CYxFODluAA

Yes yawn Kirk.

In  this article by Bob Parry, which was published almost two years ago.  He predicted that this would go just about nowhere.

It was a bunch of unrelated loose threads that showed no evidence of a conspiracy.  And that the MSM was showing no standards for journalism in dumping everything they could  and saying things they could not prove.

https://consortiumnews.com/2019/03/28/consortium-news-record-on-russia-gate-how-cn-covered-the-scandal-no-3-the-tangled-threads-of-russia-gate/

Bob took a lot of heat for this.  Just like he did when he would not go along with the Clinton Crazies and the phony Whitewater  nonsense.   He was right then and it looks like he was right on this.  Which is what made him the paramount journalist in America.

To discard the Steele Dossier is to me simply irresponsible and throws out the sine qua non of Russia Gate.  No other exhibit was more responsible for causing the hysteria that fueled this story for the two years it possessed the media like a voodoo spell.  And Schiff was one of its biggest promoters.  Even though he knew Perkins Coie paid for it, he fought in the committee to keep that a secret.  And he always billed it as being not verified but nothing in it was disproven.  I guess he forgot about the Post going to Prague and finding no evidence Cohen was there.

He knew that too  but he did not want to say it.  Because it damaged his Holy Grail.

I am a Democrat.  I do not like Trump.  I would never vote for the guy, even if he was the only candidate running.  And I still do not understand how he went from a decent candidate with the Reform Party to a right wing loon in 2016. Which is a heck of a more interesting and valid story than Russia Gate.  But abuse of the system is the same whether its by the Dems or the GOP. We are supposed to be against it by either party. Because we have seen the horrendous results in the JFK, MLK, RFK and Malcolm X cases.  I know since I wrote a whole book about all of them.  Russia Gate was a distraction.  It took away from just how bad Trump has been.  I mean please.  Giving billions of tax breaks to multi millionaires and then wanting to cut Special Olympics and aid to autistic kids?  That is how bad that tax act was.

But somehow for the Dems that takes second place.  Sheesh. 

31 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

[...]

In  this article by Bob Parry, which was published almost two years ago.  He predicted that this would go just about nowhere.

It was a bunch of unrelated loose threads that showed no evidence of a conspiracy.  And that the MSM was showing no standards for journalism in dumping everything they could  and saying things they could not prove.

[...]

Hi Jim,

Nowhere? The liberal media is alive and well, it went EVERYWHERE... and then the conservative media has FOX, there's the letdown. Kinda reminds me of the old days where every city/town of decent size had two newspapers. One was the liberal rag (morning?), the other the conservative rag (afternoon?). Multiple editions daily in some metro areas. And they dumped on each other daily. Now we have that on a grander scale and we don't even need ink or paper, 24/7. And FOX is raking it in...

THEN: If it's gonna sell papers print it! NOW: If its gonna garner clicks/views post it! The next chapter on the journalistic beat? TRUTH and decisions dealing with "standards of journalism" issue/none issue. 

Prove? The real publishing issue has always been 'advertisers,' not proof. When the media is looking for legitimacy or cover, THEN they'll dust off TRUTH.

Correct on all counts David.  No argument there.

BTW, take a look at this clip below.

This is how utterly and completely wrong the media was. Its almost funny. They really believed their own  BS.  I mean one guy talked about it being a realignment type election?   IMO, Russia Gate was one way for them to not accept they were so foolish.

35 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

[...]

Barr's history of helping Republican Bush presidents in legal crises may does not explain why Trump brought him back in to head the Justice Department.

If you don't want to go down any conspiracy paths, the thinking would be that Barr is just a regular honest guy and was picked by Trump to be AG because he would sail through confirmation. That is a little hard to swallow as Trump and the Bush family have never gotten along.

[...]

Or, the GOP went to the Bush family? And begged for help. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come up with a plan to massage a thief/thug's ego, eh? Especially, when one just might witness, up close and personal, the demise of the Republican Party. Picture it, the Green Party out maneuvering the GOP for the next 30 years. A Barr type should of been expected. And I'm not so sure, he wasn't.

The alternative: Lincoln might just as well been a horse and buggy hack in Chicago as rather president.

Here's a conspiracy path for ya: Nancy Pelosi back channeled the idea about Barr to the GOP and suggested they ring up George Bush and see how they can help the Donny. Now THAT would be worthy.... and a stroke of brilliance.

Edited by David G. Healy

Yes....  Where was the Steele Dossier wrong?

And, equally to the point....

Why can't we see the Mueller Report?

Reports on past scandals in recent years were delivered to the public without concerns about grand jury secrecy or intel "sources and methods."

Let's see the Mueller Report!!!

Paul and JIm,

A few pages ago in this thread, Jeff Carter posted Matt T's devastating report on the Steele Dossier.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Even Mr Ness later said that the Dossier was nothing more than paid for oppo research.

To point out some things: Cohen was not in Prague, Page was not offered a nineteen per cent stake in a multi billion dollar company in Russia, and there is no golden shower tape.I mean Cohen should know.  And the idea that Putin was cultivating Trump for the presidency back in the nineties is kind of absurd.

But Adam Schiff proclaimed to the world that geez  nothing in it is disproven and this became the CW. He then  fought the effort to expose that the vast majority of it  was done by Fusion for Lincoln Coie, which was a cut out for HRC.  It was shameful that we had to wait that long for that info.

Steele actually borrowed stuff from online postings.  He himself never went to Russia, and had not been there in over a decade.  He never vetted any of his second and third hand reports.  He gave his customers what they wanted.  And then several people like Nellie Ohr, Simpson and McCain shopped it around tirelessly in order to get it in the media.  They finally succeeded with Buzzfeed.  

And this is what sent Russia Gate  which had only been simmering, into the stratosphere.