The Education Forum

Did the Dallas Radical Right kill JFK?

Paul Trejo

10 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

It's CIA.  

You can tell by the typeset most of all.  But also their header, idiomatic style, and CIA-speak paints an easy reveal.  I'm already in bed and away from the JFK iMac, so more details I hope can wait until tomorrow.   

Don't get ahead of ourselves, but we have to ask what the subject's true purpose is here.  80% is an odd reference in my book.   Also, the name Gabaldon is enshrined for all eternity in this date, place, and role, as the subject knew it would be.   It's almost like deliberately using the most tapped telephone in Mexico.  The James Bondish flourishes scream wanna-be 007, but not an actual intelligence operative...

Jason

Jason,

Aha, it's CIA.  And as I can surmise from the DATE, it's not too far past the JFK Assassination.   Also, this CIA memo itself names Mexico as its point of origin.  Knowing a more precise DATE will help our analysis.

As for Guy "Gabby" Gabaldon, Harry Dean reported that Gabby had a permanent office in Mexico City, as well as his own private airplane in which he would fly from Los Angeles to Mexico City and back again just about every week, IIRC.

Harry Dean told me that he was closer to Larry Howard than to Loran Hall and Guy Gabaldon.  Guy was very pushy.   By the way, one of the sources you cited above said that Loran Hall ran Guy Gabaldon's 1964 political campaign for California Congressman.   Harry told me a funny story about that back in 2013.

It's more accurate to say that Loran Hall ran Guy Gabaldon's campaign "into the ground."   Guy lost soundly in that 1964 election.  The funny story is that Guy Gabaldon wanted Harry Dean to run his Congressional campaign, starting in 1963,  because Harry was very organized and methodical, and would have done a great job.  Harry had raised thousands of dollars back in 1960 for Fidel Castro, who then made Harry an honorary member of The 26th of July Movement, and then into the Chicago Secretary for the FPCC.  

Harry also organized donations collections from John Birch Society members to Cuba Raid squads, including supplies, weapons and medicines, in his own garage and in Gabby's garage, there in Southern California.  Harry was very organized, and knew how to run an office.  

So, Harry would have run a smooth campaign for Guy Gabaldon, and Gabaldon might have won that race.  But as it turned out, Harry was feelling pressured by Gabby, so Harry told Gabby to choose Loran Hall as his campaign manager instead.  Loran Hall was another pushy guy, and was thrilled to take the job.  But Loran Hall wasn't organized at all -- and he insulted people freely.  So Gabby lost by a landslide.

One more thing about Loran Hall; a Cuban-American from Kansas, he was a regular speaker for John Birch Society and Minuteman groups, coast to coast, raising money for Cuba Raid squads like Interpen and La Sambra.  He was supported by cash and supplies by many people, including Gabby and Harry.  Harry had a recording of Loran Hall's standard speech, which he shared with me, and I shared with the world on YouTube, here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6daWtQYlydQ

So, now you can hear Loran Hall's own voice and see a few of his photographs.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

David,

Nice find.  Where did you get this?

This is fascinating because it mentions Guy Gabaldon, Loran Hall, Larry Howard and Richard Case Nagell in the same context.

I will note here that the great Dick Russell, in his expose on Richard Case Nagell (The Man Who Knew Too Much, 1992), utterly failed to mention Guy Gabaldon in his book.

In fact, the only JFK CTer in the past 54 years to breathe a word about Guy Gabaldon has been Harry Dean.  This is getting interesting.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

P.S. It's also interesting that W. Cleon Skousen was named here, because he was a famous writer in the John Birch Society.

I wrote it.

14 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

I wrote it.

David,

Are you the same David Boylan who is cited by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield several times in the bibliography of his recent book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015)?

Have you yourself written a book on the JFK Assassination?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

David,

Nice find.  Where did you get this?

This is fascinating because it mentions Guy Gabaldon, Loran Hall, Larry Howard and Richard Case Nagell in the same context.

I will note here that the great Dick Russell, in his expose on Richard Case Nagell (The Man Who Knew Too Much, 1992), utterly failed to mention Guy Gabaldon in his book.

In fact, the only JFK CTer in the past 54 years to breathe a word about Guy Gabaldon has been Harry Dean.  This is getting interesting.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

P.S. It's also interesting that W. Cleon Skousen was named here, because he was a famous writer in the John Birch Society.

Just FYI -- Skousen's son (Paul) told me that his father had a falling out with Robert Welch and the JBS.  Skousen never joined the JBS and his speaking engagements under the sponsorship of the JBS abruptly ended.  Although it is true that he did write several articles for the JBS magazine at that time (American Opinion) -- he was never as prolific as people like Gary Allen and Alan Stang and others.

As I have said many times -- IF you are active in the political life of our country (and I don't mean just running for office or working on campaigns) -- but you frequently participate in national discussions, attend events of like-minded individuals, and give speeches around the country, then it is INEVITABLE to create "dots" which connect you to dozens upon dozens of other similar personalities BUT that often does NOT reflect personal disputes, angry disagreements, and irreconcilable differences which ultimate cause a breach.

Other people (for example) who started out as JBS contributors or speakers or endorsers or even members later resigned from the JBS -- sometimes with very bitter and caustic attacks.  For example -- both Fred Koch and his son Charles resigned -- as did Robert Love (a JBS National Council member also from Wichita KS).  Phyllis Schlafly withdrew her support but LIED for decades (even to her two biographers) and she claimed she and her husband never joined the JBS which is a falsehood.  The actor Adolph Menjou resigned after he had a dinner conversation with William Buckley Jr.  Denison Kitchel (Goldwater's campaign manager) resigned his JBS membership 2-3 weeks after he joined -- because he became aware of what Welch really believed.  And look at what Harry Dean claims about how he allegedly became disenchanted with the JBS and NOW Harry thinks the Mormon Church controls the JBS (which is predominantly made up of Catholic members and officials!)

So, anybody can "connect dots" that really are not relevant or which don't really reveal much of anything but conspiracy adherents ALWAYS assume the worst about their perceived political opponents so there is a pre-disposition to connect those dots anyway!

Edited by Ernie Lazar

1 hour ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

Aha, it's CIA.  And as I can surmise from the DATE, it's not too far past the JFK Assassination.   Also, this CIA memo itself names Mexico as its point of origin.  Knowing a more precise DATE will help our analysis.

As for Guy "Gabby" Gabaldon, Harry Dean reported that Gabby had a permanent office in Mexico City, as well as his own private airplane in which he would fly from Los Angeles to Mexico City and back again just about every week, IIRC.

Harry Dean told me that he was closer to Larry Howard than to Loran Hall and Guy Gabaldon.  Guy was very pushy.   By the way, one of the sources you cited above said that Loran Hall ran Guy Gabaldon's 1964 political campaign for California Congressman.   Harry told me a funny story about that back in 2013.

It's more accurate to say that Loran Hall ran Guy Gabaldon's campaign "into the ground."   Guy lost soundly in that 1964 election.  The funny story is that Guy Gabaldon wanted Harry Dean to run his Congressional campaign, starting in 1963,  because Harry was very organized and methodical, and would have done a great job.  Harry had raised thousands of dollars back in 1960 for Fidel Castro, who then made Harry an honorary member of The 26th of July Movement, and then into the Chicago Secretary for the FPCC.  

Harry also organized donations collections from John Birch Society members to Cuba Raid squads, including supplies, weapons and medicines, in his own garage and in Gabby's garage, there in Southern California.  Harry was very organized, and knew how to run an office.  

So, Harry would have run a smooth campaign for Guy Gabaldon, and Gabaldon might have won that race.  But as it turned out, Harry was feelling pressured by Gabby, so Harry told Gabby to choose Loran Hall as his campaign manager instead.  Loran Hall was another pushy guy, and was thrilled to take the job.  But Loran Hall wasn't organized at all -- and he insulted people freely.  So Gabby lost by a landslide.

One more thing about Loran Hall; a Cuban-American from Kansas, he was a regular speaker for John Birch Society and Minuteman groups, coast to coast, raising money for Cuba Raid squads like Interpen and La Sambra.  He was supported by cash and supplies by many people, including Gabby and Harry.  Harry had a recording of Loran Hall's standard speech, which he shared with me, and I shared with the world on YouTube, here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6daWtQYlydQ

So, now you can hear Loran Hall's own voice and see a few of his photographs.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Insofar as Paul's recollections are correct -- it serves to support what I wrote in a previous message about how people that might initially share political beliefs often have a falling out with each other OR they have personal qualities which render them incompatible with each other.  Nevertheless, if you create a chart connecting people because of EVERY association they ever had with one another you can pretend that they were (or are) always allies and friends - even if that is NOT true!

That is inherently part of conspiracy arguments (left or right).  On the right, I constantly see pejorative references to George Soros and on the left there are constant derogatory references to the Koch family and how they supposedly corrupt our political life and "control" or "finance" everything which their opponents don't like.  But it is never just that simple -- but the very nature of conspiracy arguments requires dumbing-down our perceptions of how complex relationships operate so that lowest-common-denominator "reasoning" can be used.

Yesterday, I spent hours on the Free Republic website debating some very hostile critics -- one of whom asked me the question:  "Why are Jews leftists?"  -- so I asked him why, in the entire universe of categories of human beings, he chose to focus exclusively upon the allegedly noxious nature of "Jews"?  That enraged him -- and of course he won't answer the question honestly because he does not want to reveal his bigotry.

55 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

David,

Are you the same David Boylan who is cited by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield several times in the bibliography of his recent book, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015)?

Have you yourself written a book on the JFK Assassination?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Yes he is and David's article re: Christian Defense League and all the folks associated with it  http://cuban-exile.com/doc_026-050/doc0046.html  still stands as the most definitive history of all the people connected to CDL -- including Caufield's main cast of characters.

14 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

This is one of the benefits of communicating research publicly.  Without communicating, we wouldn't realize what is interesting to you is to me so pervasive in FBI documents of the era that I thought literally every knew this.  This essential and extensive FBI*credit bureau nexus is so common in the evidence as to seem unremarkably routine to me.   I assumed everyone knew this tidbit as well as they knew Hoover was the head of the FBI - but maybe I shouldn't make assumptions?  From the 1940s through the 1960s the 100s of local credit bureaus were everything the CIA/FBI-worshiping CTers imagine the CIA and FBI were in terms of data collection and data control.  In fact, as today, the FBI and CIA outsourced much of their most essential data collection to private parties and would have been laughably helpless without credit bureaus.

a little more Gabaldon stuff:

from CIA files:   (these guys are no doubt interesting and not more than 1 degree separated from the likes of General Walker, Hargis, Carlos Bringueir, Banister)

Screen_Shot_2017_11_17_at_9_26_36_PM.png

4 minutes ago, Ernie Lazar said:

I have a lot of FBI files which discuss John Lechner, Steve Foote,  Americans For Cuban Freedom and other people connected to those organizations and to related organizations such as the American Committee To Free Cuba and the Americanism Educational League.  Many of those files are among the ones currently being digitized at UC-Berkeley and I will be adding them to my Internet Archive webpage in the not-too-distant future

Edited by Ernie Lazar

14 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Paul B.,

As for myself, I obtained  a copy of Guy Gabaldon's book, Saipan: Suicide Island (1990) which is a loosely organized autobiography.  It also includes a section detailing his heartfelt hatred of JFK and RFK, and how their Administration was full of homosexuals and godless atheists -- and expressed some satisfaction that they met violent ends.

So -- the book was never popular, one might say, except among the Radical Right.  But it is a useful autobiography -- there is no better book about a man's life than a book by the man himself -- except a book by his wife or children -- they will be more objective.

One thing about his book -- he tells much when he cuts his stories short, and when he refuses to name names.  For example, he used to have his own Cuba Raid squad in Los Angeles, until those "dirty rats" JFK and RFK shut down all Cuba Raid squads in the USA.  He speaks at length about some of the members of his squad -- but he refuses to name names.

It is only my opinion, therefore, when I believe I recognize the personalities of Loran Hall, Larry Howard and Harry Dean in Gabaldon's account.

There is also a movie about Guy Gabaldon's early life and famous Marine career, named, Hell to Eternity (1960) starring Jeffrey Hunter and David Janssen.  I've seen the movie and it's very good for a B movie.  It's a true story, so that helps it.

In 1957, Guy made a surprised appearance on the TV game show, This is Your Life.   Before you watch it, however, watch the movie.  It's very informative because it's true -- and it was well known in the 1950's as urban legend.  So, the TV show refers to that legend.

However -- the story that Harry Dean tells about Guy Gabaldon is the most interesting one by far.  Harry's story is only available today from Harry's personal manuscript, self-published, entitled, Crosstrails (1990).   Fortunately, Harry Dean is a stellar member of this Forum.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

One of the FBI files on Galbadon:    https://archive.org/stream/foia_Galbadon_Guy_L.-HQ-1/Galbadon_Guy_L.-HQ-1#page/n0/mode/2up

1 hour ago, Ernie Lazar said:

Insofar as Paul's recollections are correct -- it serves to support what I wrote in a previous message about how people that might initially share political beliefs often have a falling out with each other OR they have personal qualities which render them incompatible with each other.  Nevertheless, if you create a chart connecting people because of EVERY association they ever had with one another you can pretend that they were (or are) always allies and friends - even if that is NOT true!

That is inherently part of conspiracy arguments (left or right).  On the right, I constantly see pejorative references to George Soros and on the left there are constant derogatory references to the Koch family and how they supposedly corrupt our political life and "control" or "finance" everything which their opponents don't like.  But it is never just that simple -- but the very nature of conspiracy arguments requires dumbing-down our perceptions of how complex relationships operate so that lowest-common-denominator "reasoning" can be used.

Yesterday, I spent hours on the Free Republic website debating some very hostile critics -- one of whom asked me the question:  "Why are Jews leftists?"  -- so I asked him why, in the entire universe of categories of human beings, he chose to focus exclusively upon the allegedly noxious nature of "Jews"?  That enraged him -- and of course he won't answer the question honestly because he does not want to reveal his bigotry.

Thanks for this analysis Ernie.

2 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

The actor Adolph Menjou resigned (edit: from the JBS) after he had a dinner conversation with William Buckley Jr. 

I would like to hear more details on this.

**** edit, from Wikipedia. "Menjou died on October 29, 1963, of hepatitis in Beverly Hills, California."

Menjou starred/acted in my favorite film, Paths of Glory.

Edited by Michael Clark

34 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

**** edit, from Wikipedia. "Menjou died on October 29, 1963, of hepatitis in Beverly Hills, California."

I found this. It doesn't help the "William F. Buckley-did-it" part of my CT.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448774/william-f-buckley-john-birch-society-history-conflict-robert-welch

53 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

After Menjou joined the JBS and became a National Council member,  Buckley asked Menjou to accept a dinner invitation which Menjou did. During their dinner conversation, Buckley brought up some of the ideas which Robert Welch believed and Buckley pointed out how such ideas would serve to discredit the entire conservative movement.  Subsequently, Menjou resigned from the Society and left their National Council.

2 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

I have a lot of FBI files which discuss John Lechner, Steve Foote,  Americans For Cuban Freedom and other people connected to those organizations and to related organizations such as the American Committee To Free Cuba and the Americanism Educational League.  Many of those files are among the ones currently being digitized at UC-Berkeley and I will be adding them to my Internet Archive webpage in the not-too-distant future

I'd love to read them. Sure beats the old hard copies I had to use. :-)