The Education Forum

Did the Dallas Radical Right kill JFK?

Paul Trejo

10 hours ago, Ernie Lazar said:

OK -- I've gone through about 70% of the FBI docs.  I was especially interested in FBI files from the 89-series classification.  That classification is for reports of threats to the President or other senior elected officials.

What I hoped to find was some document that would confirm that Harry Dean told the FBI about the "JBS plot".  I did not find anything in the FBI docs...  

However, NOT surprisingly, there is NO record which mentions any report from Harry Dean

Ernie,

The most recent reports I've read were that President Trump chose to withhold some documents -- at the last minute. 

I predict the Harry Dean documents will be in there, along with many documents identifying General Walker and the Radical Right as the culprits in the JFK assassination.

However -- since President Trump is wooing the Radical Right in the South today (as his "base") -- this may be the reason for the late withhold.   Just my opinion.

Sadly,
--Paul Trejo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

QUESTION

for the CIA-did-it-CTers:

If Mexico City was a CIA managed operation with Oswald doing as ordered every step of the way, why is there so much CIA traffic around CIA efforts to pin down what Oswald is doing, whether the handwriting on the visa application matches Oswald's, concern about where to find examples of Oswald's handwriting, and what exactly was said to Oswald by the Cuban and Soviet embassies?   They would know all of this already if they were running the show and would not care about such matters.

<snip>

Jason,

Great question.  The logical conclusion is the same as Bill Simpich's evidence showed (2014), namely, that the CIA had no clue what Lee Harvey Oswald was doing in Mexico City in the summer of 1963.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

2 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ernie,

The most recent reports I've read were that President Trump chose to withhold some documents -- at the last minute. 

I predict the Harry Dean documents will be in there, along with many documents identifying General Walker and the Radical Right as the culprits in the JFK assassination.

However -- since President Trump is wooing the Radical Right in the South today (as his "base") -- this may be the reason for the late withhold.   Just my opinion.

Sadly,
--Paul Trejo

Paul -- I suggest you read the WAshington Post article:   https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trump-expected-to-release-remaining-jfk-assassination-documents-thursday/2017/10/25/52c8f71a-b9b7-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.17f02bd02c51

The problem (again) with your assumption is that there are no "national security" implications within documents pertaining to Harry Dean -- which is precisely why his FBI and CIA files were released 30+ years ago without redaction---even though he was (and still is) a living person. 

In other words, there is no conceivable rational or plausible reason why the FBI would want to withhold anything re: Harry Dean because he was nothing more than an annoyance and he was considered to be a mental case --- not a valuable resource or witness.  IF the FBI thought otherwise, they would have NEVER released his HQ and Los Angeles files 30 years ago.

31 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

Many thanks for this.  I agree with you entirely that Loran Hall and Gerry Patrick Hemming were low-class individuals who would never be entrusted by the FBI or CIA with anything important.  They were mercenaries, pure and simple.

Yet that is no reason to exclude them from a Walker-did-it plot, and every reason to include them.   Blackmail was a favorite tool of Guy Banister, according to Ron Lewis (Flashback, 1993).

I thank you very much for this FBI record on Loran Hall and Larry Howard -- because it matches 100% what Harry Dean told me personally, namely, that he and Guy Gabaldon would collect paramilitary and medical supplies from upper-middle class members of the John Birch Society in Southern California, and store them in their garages.   Then, Loran Hall and Larry Howard would come by with their trailer, and Harry Dean would help them load up their trailer with supplies to take to Louisiana and Miami training camps for mercenaries.

The match is 100%.  It is brilliant.  Please keep digging!  You are doing GREAT!  

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

But the information you refer to re: the medical supplies has been public knowledge for decades -- and NOT because of anything Harry Dean reported!    

Significantly, none of the JFK assassination research community is looking for or expects to find documents which mention Harry or any JBS plot -- because, frankly, nobody BUT YOU believes Harry's story.

INTERESTING DOCS:

History of attempts to kill Castro:  https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32273546.pdf

Anti-Castro Activities and LHO in New Orleans:  https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32273595.pdf

Secret Service Index File:  https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32277356.pdf

Secret Service Methodology for Evaluating Threats to JFK:  https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32277355.pdf

Secret Service List of Persons Threatening JFK (413pp):  https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32241845.pdf

11 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

I think I already posted at least part of this document above in this thread somewhere, but today it was released in completely un-redacted form.

The portion most relevant to the thread topic is perhaps:

Screen_Shot_2017_10_26_at_9_39_33_PM.png

Jason,

You are supplying further material evidence that the FBI certainly did track the Radical Right and General Walker in 1963, along with the John Birch Society, the Minutemen and somebody named John Thomas Masen -- a Dallas gunshop owner and an avid member of the Dallas Minutemen.

Dallas ATF agent Frank Ellsworth (whose FBI contact was James Hosty) who was also tracking John Thomas Masen in Dallas, told the Warren Commission offline the following:

"An organization known as the Minutemen is the right-wing group most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate the President...The Minutemen are closely tied to General Walker..."  (Ellsworth, 1964, cf. Harrison Livingstone, 2004)

According to Frank Ellsworth, FBI agent James Hosty was his inside source on Radical Right activity in Dallas.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

11 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

For Paul Trejo,

maybe we need to be talking a bit more about what Harrison Livingstone has to say?

Livingstone, Harrison E.  The Radical Right and the Murder of JFK.  Trafford Publishing; Victoria: 2004.   p. 117

snippet available free to the public here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=LD8TUAGSuMoC&pg=PA117&lpg=PA117&dq=minutemen+jfk+masen&source=bl&ots=35_mwCcwWp&sig=OBhjbN-lP3-fw9i9i-ygX-Q0mEo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwig95Hu9Y_XAhXE5IMKHSTpCLEQ6AEIQjAH#v=onepage&q=minutemen jfk masen&f=false

Jason,

The following is my opinion:

Yes, Harrison Livingstone (2004) was among the first in the 21st century to broach the Radical Right theory in the JFK case -- Jeff Caufield was not the first (nor was I).

HOWEVER -- the problem with Harrison Livingstone was his bizarre theory that everybody important associated with the JFK assassination was a homosexual (consequently, every homosexual, e.g. J. Edgar Hoover, was thenceforth thrown into the plot)It seriously undermined his otherwise interesting collection of data.

Thankfully, the bizarre is avoided by Jeff Caufield's recent book: General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015).

The main problem with Radical Right CT's so far is that so few researchers have been involved -- and those who remained were often unattractive reporters.

Jeff Caufield was perhaps the first to put a purely objective face on the Radical Right theory -- and he was even willing to approach Harry Dean's account with a serious attitude -- a rare achievement in the past half-century.

Livingstone had some good ideas, but he stepped on himself.  Everything Livingstone wrote has been surpassed by Caufield.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

2 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

You are supplying further material evidence that the FBI certainly did track the Radical Right and General Walker in 1963, along with the John Birch Society, the Minutemen and somebody named John Thomas Masen -- a Dallas gunshop owner and an avid member of the Dallas Minutemen.

Dallas ATF agent Frank Ellsworth (whose FBI contact was James Hosty) who was also tracking John Thomas Masen in Dallas, told the Warren Commission offline the following:

"An organization known as the Minutemen is the right-wing group most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate the President...The Minutemen are closely tied to General Walker..."  (Ellsworth, 1964, cf. Harrison Livingstone, 2004)

According to Frank Ellsworth, FBI agent James Hosty was his inside source on Radical Right activity in Dallas.

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

The FBI-Dallas field file on "Un-Named Organization of Dallas Patriots" is Dallas 104-1475.  I received that file in 2006.  This file was NOT created as a function of "tracking" Edwin Walker or tracking John Thomas Masen (as Paul falsely states) but, instead, it was created as a consequence of the arrest of Ashland F. Burchwell.  I copy some of my notes (below) re: this file.  [The HQ file is HQ 100-439312].  I also copy my notes from the HQ and Dallas files on Burchwell.

This file pertains to Texas “patriots” org which the FBI discovered as result of arrest of Burchwell.  Burchwell met with 6 other people just prior to being arrested on 9/30/62 and Dallas PD found 200-300 coded cards (some with names and addresses) in his vehicle.  Burchwell acknowledged existence of organization similar to Minutemen but refused to provide any other info.  Some reports claimed that the mailing list consisted of JBS members in Dallas area.

Dallas PD arrested Burchwell in his car and found 4 pistols, a rifle, and 3000 rounds of ammunition plus a JBS mailing list.  He was reportedly on his way to Mississippi. Burchwell was member of Friends of Walker and he had worked for the Walker for Governor campaign.

Dallas 105-1475, #1 (10/4/62 Dallas report pp 2-3) quotes informant as stating that the group is “not connected with the JBS” but “most of its members are present or former members of the JBS.” Frank McGehee was proposed as a member but was rejected because he was an atheist.

Serial #11 (12/6/52 SAC Dallas to Hoover refers to interview of person connected with the group:  “At this time he stated the members of captioned group are convinced the U.S. State Department is infiltrated by communists who are prepared to surrender the United States to international communism, possibly through the United Nations.”

BURCHWELL  [Dallas 152-2, Dallas 190-59, HQ 152-40]

Burchwell, Ashland Frederic
(9/62 = 1527 Annex #204 – Dallas)
(12/62 = 5309 Ellsworth Ave – Dallas)
368-36-1975; b: 09-28-40 (Ashland KY); d: 02-19-68 (South Vietnam)

1949 = moved from Ashland KY to Detroit MI
12/9/57 --> 06/58 = In active reserve of Michigan National Guard
6/58 – 10/58 = active duty at Fort Ord and Fort Leonard Wood.
3/7/58 = arrested (17yo) in Roseville MI for stealing tires; 6 months probation and restitution costs.
2/27/59 = arrested in New Orleans for vagrancy—then enlisted in U.S. Army in New Orleans.
1959 --> 4/2/62 = U.S Army (serial RA 27035664), rank of Sergeant E/5.
10/60 --> 06/61 = Served in 24th Division, Augsburg Germany, under command of Gen Edwin A. Walker.
5/1/62--> 7/62 = worked as campaign aide for Gen. Edwin A. Walker when he ran for Gov of TX; then after defeat, was Walker’s office manager.  Paid about $50 week.

9/30/62, 6:30am = Stopped by Dallas PD for speeding.  Officers noticed a 357 magnum pistol on front seat.  Upon searching vehicle, they found 3 Strum-Ruger pistols, an Enfield rifle, and 3000 rounds of ammunition plus Burchwell had a switchblade knife in his pocket. Burchwell initially told officers that he was on his way to MS to assist Gen. Walker in resisting federal encroachment on states’ rights (integration of Ole Miss).  However, later he changed his story.  He stated that, at the last minute, he decided not to go to MS but told the officers he was going because he thought they, as southerners, would be sympathetic and release him.

Police also found 200-300 coded index cards which Burchwell claimed he was transporting to a friend and he knew nothing about them.  Some news reports claimed it was a JBS mailing list.  Below is one such characterization:

“JOSEPH P. GRINNAN's name was found among ASHLAND BURCHWELL possessions in the car BURCHWELL was driving when BURCHWELL was arrested and a large cache of arms and ammunition was found inside car (according to a memorandum for the FBI dated 14NOV62 by the Headquarters Department of the Army Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Summary information Region 2, 112th Intelligence NTC Group, Station "C," Commerce Street, Dallas, TX) J. GRINNAN was also a local coordinator for the John Birch Society. Besides a large cache of arms and ammunition found inside car was also names, addresses, and phone number's of certain people (some of the persons info was coded), and BURCHWELL said he was "enroute to Mississippi to aid Governor Barnett's cause by lending support to former Major General Edwin A. Walker."

08/63 = Burchwell had re-enlisted in the Army and was then assigned to 511th Infantry Battalion at Ft. Benning GA.  He contacted Dallas FBI in 08/64 because he had been denied a security clearance in the military and wanted to know how to purge derogatory info from his FBI file which claimed he was a member of a subversive or extremist organization.  He also appeared at the Dallas office in 12/64 and wrote to J. Edgar Hoover on 6/20/67 to again ask how to purge the info since such data would “destroy my military career”.

1964 = served one year in Vietnam with 1st Cavalry Division and awarded Purple Heart and Army Commendation Medal.  
01/67 = promoted to 2nd Lieutenant.
1968 = was serving second tour in Vietnam as civilian affairs officer with 101st Airborne Division when killed in action.

152-2, #24 (12/12/62 SAC Dallas report which summarizes interview of Burchwell to determine his connection with Edwin A. Walker and the desegregation controversy in Oxford MS.  On pages 3-4, Burchwell discusses the membership cards found in his vehicle when arrested:
pg 3: “Burchwell stated he was not a member of the organization for which he had the membership cards but stated he was in sympathy with its aims and purpose and had been asked to join but stated he did not have the time for this group.  Burchwell described the group as being similar in aims and purposes to the Minutemen and stated that this group was organizing to resist a communist takeover of the United States…”
Pg 4: “Burchwell stated he sincerely believed that a communist takeover in the U.S. was possible, pointing out what happened in Czechoslovakia in 1948.  He also reported that they had heard reports that Mongolian troops were massing in lower California in Mexico.  When asked where he received such information, Burchwell stated he had heard it from a minister, named unrecalled, who claimed to have seen these Mongolian troops in California, and the publication, ‘Common Sense’ which Burchwell described as an anti-semitic newspaper.  Burchwell insisted that the real issue in MS, according to what Walker told him, was not racial, but the constitutional issue of whether the Federal government could interfere with the states rights of MS.” 

Edited by Ernie Lazar

According to Ernie Lazar, all 1963 FBI records tracking General Walker must be discounted, in order that Ernie Lazar can be justified in his firm claim that the FBI never tracked General Walker in 1963.

Can't suppress the chuckle. 

Amused,
--Paul Trejo

Or, another reason that President Trump might have withheld the JFK records -- just to distract attention from the Russia probe.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

18 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

According to Ernie Lazar, all 1963 FBI records tracking General Walker must be discounted, in order that Ernie Lazar can be justified in his firm claim that the FBI never tracked General Walker in 1963.

Amused,
--Paul Trejo

Define "tracked"

37 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Amused,
--Paul Trejo

Apparently, Paul, you have never performed an impartial audit of any controversial matter.  An audit means:  you just accurately summarize whatever is the position of each relevant person i.e. you correctly state what they believe in context -- WITHOUT editorial comment or interpretation OR you just summarize accurately the information shown in every document without adding any personal comments.

For example:  I did that with respect to Harry Dean's FBI files.  The first two sections of my Report merely summarize exactly every single serial in Harry's FBI HQ and Los Angeles files.  I did NOT interpret anything.  I did NOT add any comments of my own.  I did not attempt to refute or prove anything.  I just presented what is shown in each serial.

IF YOU would do exactly that (and nothing more) for Edwin Walker's HQ and Dallas field files -- THEN you would understand how to present evidence WITHOUT adding your own interpretations.

Let me put this slightly differently so you might understand.

WHAT QUALITIES WOULD YOU EXPECT TO FIND IN AN FBI FILE ABOUT SOME PERSON OR ORGANIZATION WHEN THE FBI DID NOT "TRACK' THAT PERSON OR ORGANIZATION?   In other words, what type of serials WOULD NOT appear in that type of file when the FBI was NOT "tracking" that person or organization?

OR

If you would rather use the opposite formula:

WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WOULD APPEAR IN AN FBI FILE -- ONLY WHEN THE FBI WAS "TRACKING" A PERSON OR ORGANIZATION??

Edited by Ernie Lazar

NOTE TO PAUL TREJO:   THIS IS WHAT PRESENTING EVIDENCE LOOKS LIKE

JFK DOCS BY SUBJECT (Some are duplicates because same serial discusses several subjects)

EDWIN WALKER DOCS

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134205-DOCID-32248018.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134206-DOCID-32248020.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140713-DOCID-32313660.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143805-DOCID-32335769.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143821-DOCID-32335796.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143833-DOCID-32335860.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143835-DOCID-32335866.html

HARRY DEAN

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4132586-DOCID-32127956.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140478-DOCID-32312899.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140491-DOCID-32312909.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140494-DOCID-32312915.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140497-DOCID-32312925.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140501-DOCID-32312926.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140504-DOCID-32312927.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140926-DOCID-32319416.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4145040-DOCID-32389028.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4145044-DOCID-32389346.html

JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4132791-DOCID-32158127.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4133632-DOCID-32191928.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4133784-DOCID-32202012.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134204-DOCID-32248016.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134216-DOCID-32248213.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134273-DOCID-32270564.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134690-DOCID-32277355.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4135512-DOCID-32295871.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4139496-DOCID-32308444.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140293-DOCID-32312210.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4141335-DOCID-32323122.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4142188-DOCID-32328488.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143542-DOCID-32334414.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143757-DOCID-32335263.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143759-DOCID-32335267.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143792-DOCID-32335623.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143821-DOCID-32335796.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143840-DOCID-32335882.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4144822-DOCID-32356696.html

LORAN EUGENE HALL

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134586-DOCID-32273595.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4135520-DOCID-32295875.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140700-DOCID-32313589.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143799-DOCID-32335663.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4144379-DOCID-32344747.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4144822-DOCID-32356696.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4144838-DOCID-32357166.html

AMERICAN NAZI PARTY:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4132563-DOCID-32121661.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4132872-DOCID-32166013.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4133157-DOCID-32178675.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143309-DOCID-32333914.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143808-DOCID-32335776.html

ROBERT DEPUGH

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143490-DOCID-32334364.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143509-DOCID-32334384.html

JOHN THOMAS MASEN

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140660-DOCID-32313501.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140663-DOCID-32313507.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140667-DOCID-32313514.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140670-DOCID-32313518.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140673-DOCID-32313529.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140679-DOCID-32313532.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140683-DOCID-32313549.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140690-DOCID-32313561.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140700-DOCID-32313589.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140703-DOCID-32313597.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140710-DOCID-32313608.html

KU KLUX KLAN

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4132744-DOCID-32153638.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4133299-DOCID-32182643.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4134817-DOCID-32284940.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4135343-DOCID-32295006.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4135347-DOCID-32295007.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4140197-DOCID-32311578.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143410-DOCID-32334304.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143423-DOCID-32334317.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143490-DOCID-32334364.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143493-DOCID-32334366.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143506-DOCID-32334381.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143509-DOCID-32334384.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143752-DOCID-32335245.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143758-DOCID-32335264.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143796-DOCID-32335652.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4143798-DOCID-32335655.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4145305-DOCID-32397527.html

JOHN CROMMELIN:   NONE

PEDRO DEL VALLE:   NONE

GUY GALBADON:       NONE

JOHN ROUSSELOT:    NONE

ROBERT WELCH:       NONE 

Paul T, 

I grew up in NYC. Parents were very left wing and subscribed to the Daily Worker and another publication which I think was called the Guardian. The very first theory I heard as a 16 year old as to who might have done the deed was that it was the Minutemen. And Edwin Walker was also mentioned, if my memory serves. I certainly knew of him shortly after Oswald was shot.

Edited by Paul Brancato

13 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

The following is my opinion:

Because the FBI Director hid so many JFK Records, even many FBI agents were chasing rainbows.

One of the main rainbows to chase was Jack Ruby.   In my Walker-did-it CT, it is clear that Jack Ruby had nothing whatsoever to do with the JFK assassination, and was only exploited by the JFK Kill Team to kill Lee Harvey Oswald on Sunday, 11/24/1963, and nothing else.

Nothing about the Mafia or Jack Ruby can be related to the JFK assassination except MONEY.  Carlos Marcello threw money toward anybody who promised to kill JFK.  So did Santos Traficante.   (Sam Giancana only financed efforts to kill Fidel Castro, evidently.)

Best regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

I hear your point about Ruby, especially in that he was not involved in the assassination.  It is,  however, interesting that this internal CIA memo links Ruby to Walker through Castorr, don't you think?  Investigate this link one or two step further and the FBI-CIA is just about to Caufield's level of certainty as to the perpetrators...perhaps?

Screen_Shot_2017_10_27_at_9_06_51_PM.png