The Education Forum

Did the Dallas Radical Right kill JFK?

Paul Trejo

Many thanks for a seasoned and intellectual post; you bring much value with the first-hand point of view along with the well-justified opinions.   

I'm on holiday with my wife and kids, so JFK is of secondary importance for the moment, but I'm happy to engage in detail a few days from now.

thanks

Jason

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/6/2017 at 3:46 PM, Paul Trejo said:

have never seen any written evidence that Oswald applied for Soviet citizenship.  The keyword is APPLIED.  He might have said anything at all to get into the USSR, but once he was inside, he never formally filled out an APPLICATION for citizenship.

That is due, Paul Trejo, to your rabid use of the ignore function on this forum. It's kind of convenient isn't it, otherwise you could not make such claims.

Your capitalized weasle-words don't go unnoticed as such. You seem to be unaware that your Hegelian dialectic "nuances" don't exist in the vacuum of your own skull. A dialectic by definition comes about in an exchange with others. Your "Dialectics" amounts to fraudulent blather.

On 11/6/2017 at 3:08 PM, Ty Carpenter said:

Why would LHO need to fake the BYP's? Wouldn't it be much easier to just take the pics with the gun and propaganda? Maybe I am missing the point somewhere.

Ty,

The following is my opinion.

I believe that Lee Harvey Oswald wanted to be a CIA double-agent so badly that he could taste it.  I believe that he trained himself to do many sneaky, spook-type tricks, with letters, numbers, photographs, and so on.  His job at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall was a dream come true for him, because of the world-class photographic equipment available to him, even after-hours, possibly, including weekends.  Like a personal playground.

I feel confident in this opinion, because I accept as a FACT that Lee Harvey Owald created his Fake ID for Alek J. Hidell at Jaggars-Childs-Stovall.

If Oswald created his Fake ID at JCS, then he was also encouraged to go further, to see what else he could FORGE.   It was the fakery, the trickery, that he liked so well.

In my humble opinion, Lee Harvey Oswald kept alive a fantasy that the CIA would be impressed with his double-agent antics.  This kept him going, despite horrible poverty.  He probably kept this belief close to his heart -- and it probably got him into big trouble at the end.

Anyway -- why would Oswald fake the Backyard Photographs?  Two words.  Plausible deniability.  

It is my opinion that Lee Harvey Oswald wanted to be known by George DeMohrenschildt and Volkmar Schmidt (and perhaps others they knew) as the man who killed General Walker.  This was therefore a dangerous photograph -- potentially incriminating.  Remember that Oswald was only 23 years old at the time -- married with a child, but no steady job -- still an immature  young man in many ways.

Anyway, despite this social immaturity, Oswald was a very bright person -- bright enough to teach himself Russian (by using Berlitz methods).  He loved to read 007 novels.  He knew about plausible deniability -- and he evidently decided (in my opinion) to create FAKE Backyard Photographs.

Given the photographic evidence of Jack White (a former and stellar member of this Forum), that Roscoe White was certainly the body-double of Oswald in the Backyard Photographs, then I must have a CT to explain how this was possible.  Knowing that Roscoe White was a member of the Radical Right (according to his son, Ricky and his alleged diary), then this CT must try to explain how Lee Harvey Oswald would get the cooperation of White.  

First, both men were in the Marines at about the same time.  Secondly, both men were stationed near Atsugi AFB.  Their association would therefore have been related to some version of a Right or Radical Right scenario.  I believe that Roscoe White was either a member of the Friends of Walker, or the Dallas Minutemen (along with JD Tippit) and was a firm supporter of General Walker (along with Gerry Patrick Hemming, Loran Hall, Larry Howard and Harry Dean).  

On this basis, Lee Harvey Oswald probably (in my opinion) convinced Roscoe White to help him FAKE the Backyard Photographs.  He would have (in my opinion) told Roscoe White that he was interested in being a double-agent, and getting a full-time job in the CIA.  This was the true part of the story.  Roscoe agreed to do it on these grounds.

What Lee Harvey Oswald did not tell Roscoe White was about two friends -- George DeMohrenschildt and Volkmar Schmidt (alias Messer Schmidt).  They hated General Walker.  They would have preferred to see General Walker dead.  Volkmar Schmidt convinced Oswald that General Walker was "as bad as Hitler," and "if somebody had killed Hitler early, a world war could have been avoided."

So, the shooting of General Walker -- which Oswald was planning as early as March, 1963, was a secret that Oswald kept from Roscoe White.  So, in a sense, Oswald showed his contempt for Roscoe White, and stabbed Roscoe White in the back with the BYP.   I believe that White kept one of the BYP as possible evidence against Oswald.

But as for Oswald, he always knew that if the police ever found his BYP, he could always say -- "That photo is a FAKE!  I know a lot about photography and I can PROVE that it's a Fake!  That's just my face pasted onto somebody else's body!"

So, that's my CT about the Backyard Photos.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

So - Marina didn't take the back yard photos?

Paul B.,

The following is my opinion:

Marina Oswald -- as she repeatedly testified -- took one, and only one, of the Backyard Photos.

The Warren Commission attorneys refused to believe her.  They became red in the face, almost shouting to her that she was wrong.

They had TWO photographs in their hands -- TWO, TWO!!

Finally, Marina Oswald, exhausted from the incessant pressure, said words to this effect -- "Well, you have two, and I distinctly remember pushing the button only once.  My only explanation is that I know nothing about cameras."

Marina Oswald did take ONE and ONLY ONE Backyard photograph -- but today we have FOUR.   So, what happened?

Also -- what happened to the black clothing that Lee Harvey Oswald wore for that camera shoot?  He didn't own black clothing.

My explanation: (1) the ONE photo that Marina took was to get the FACE of Lee Harvey Oswald to paste onto the body; and (2) the clothing that Oswald wore for that ONE photo was owned by Roscoe White.

The REASON for the ONE photo that Marina took was (i) so that even Marina would be confused about it; and (ii) so that Oswald's face would be at approximately the same position, in approximately the same sunlight, in the same environment, to paste onto later photographs in which Oswald and Roscoe White would cooperate.

So, that's my CT about the Backyard Photos.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Speaking of right wing characters, I recently picked up a copy of Ted Dealey's "Diaper Days Of Dallas". Should be an interesting read. Dealey certainly didn't care for Kennedy. His paper was a major source of much anti-JFK press at the time. He had some strong words for JFK at a White House luncheon in front of many other area leaders, which I think lost Ted some support.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, Paul Trejo said:

I perceive a new interest in the CT that the Radical Right in Dallas was behind the JFK assassination.   This would include such WC witnesses as General Walker, Robert Allen Surrey, Revilo P. Oliver, Bernard Weisman, and possibly included Dallas officials, Will Fritz, BIll Decker, Jesse Curry, Buddy Walthers, Harry Holmes, James Hosty, Forrest Sorrels,  Earle Cabell and others in their company. 

Such a theory would attempt to harmonize with Jim Garrison and Joan Mellen's identification of a dozen people in New Orleans, including Guy Banister, David Ferrie, Clay Shaw, Jack S. Martin, Fred Crisman and Tommy Beckham.  Also implied are Rightist elements in the South including Joseph Milteer, Billy James Hargis, Ed Butler, Carlos Bringuier and Kent Courtney.  

It would also include people who have already confessed, such as Frank Sturgis, Howard Hunt, David Morales, Roscoe White, Loran Hall, Gerry Patrick Hemming and Lee Harvey Oswald.  As a starting point, the recent book by Dr. Jeffrey Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy: the Extensive New Evidence of a Radical Right Conspiracy (2015) is presented.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I don't think Buddy Walthers in particular was a avid supporter of the radical right in Dallas 1963.  He was a redneck cop who didn't really give a crap about politics that brown nosed his boss Sherriff Decker by snitching on his co workers to him to ingratiate himself with him (see Roger Craig).   He likely hated Blacks, Mexicans and anything communist, good chance he was KKK.  Maybe he attended one of Walker's 2 or 3 "rallies".  Heck, he could have been paid as security at one of them.  But he was just doing his job for Decker after the assassination, what he was told.  He went to the Paine house in Irving and brought back 7 small metal file cabinets, at least one opened with information about Cuba in it. According to Him.  Then the loyal sheriff's deputy turned them over to Dallas Police Chief Curry (or someone in the department?) per Him .  Deep Sixed.  Never seen again.

Why not?  They could have been useful in framing Oswald.  LBJ's call's (by Cliff Carter) to his close friend  and idolater Henry Wade to drop the communist / Cuba  aspect assistant district attorney Bill Alexandar was pursuing, in the press?

Then again, Walthers reportedly grew marijuana in his back yard, yes, really, in 63 (case was smoothed over by superiors/FBI or fed's).  That would have been pretty liberal for a radical in 63, eh?

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 11/6/2017 at 4:20 PM, Cory Santos said:

There is a lot to go over to respond to.

Thank you for giving me the basis of your opinions.

Well I know people very very close to Ruby, they would laugh at the idea he would be selected for such a task.  In fact, while eating dinner in the Egyption Lounge, otherwise known as Campisi's , as a guest of someone who had invited my father to dinner as he was in town judging a fight on national television, I brought up several issues with him.  His opinion, which I respect, surprised me as Ruby- while having many quirks and having a mob attitude, was not as . . . lets say. . . appropriate for such a task as killing the accused patsy in a huge plot to kill the president.  So, I was taken aback and have struggled with the information I received because it was difficult to throw away a first hand account from a prominent person with knowledge while enjoying great Italian food.

One thing I am greatly concerned with.  If Oswald was not an intelligence operative, then he most certainly would have been under close surveillance in Russia.  Now, that is not proof or a fact, it is my opinion.  But, where is all the information on it?  I did not see it in the release-though I am certainly not even halfway through them yet.

But lets think this through.

If the radical right, as it is called, was responsible for the assassination, logically, LBJ or Earl Warren, or several other Dems. or note, would have loved to pin this on the radical right, especially before the 1964 election.  Assuming so many people knew about the assassination, as on another post notes so many involved it is amazing, then several Dems did know about the assassination beforehand.

That would make them complicit, some perhaps afterwards if they conspired to cover things up.  Ergo, it was not the radical right, but power brokers in both parties. 

As for the White allegations, I am concerned with the whole story.  However, I am greatly interested in research in the matter.  The document release had a memo which was a report from an informant stating Tippit was part of it.  I have not yet seen a report with White's name.  Of course if I am wrong, correct me.

I too appreciate polite discussion of the matter.

CAS

Cory,

Your account is intriguing, so please allow me to ask a question.

1.0.  You know folks who knew Jack Ruby.  Do I understand you to say that an authoritative person among them said words to the effect that Jack Ruby was such a Mafiosi that he was too independent to get involved in any plot to kill the Patsy in a plot to kill the President?

1.1.  I will assume (for the sake of argument) that he is 100% correct.   So please let me re-frame the scenario.   

1.2.  I get this information from a book by Bill Decker about famous criminals in Dallas:  

1.2.1.  According to Bill Decker, Jack Ruby ran two very high-class bordellos in Dallas -- in two separate suburban estates with streams running through a large backyard -- completely fenced and very private. 

1.2.2.  The Dallas police and Sheriff's office knew all about these bordellos.  They weren't owned by Jack Ruby -- they were owned by bosses in Chicago.  But they were run by Jack Ruby with an iron fist, he said.

1.2.3.  Part of the cost of doing such a business in Dallas was that he had to treat the local Dallas Police properly, with respect, and sometimes with gratuities.

1.2.4.  Do you suppose this authoritative person that you met would agree to that much?

1.3.  This was the scenario that I derived from Seth Kantor's book; that Jack Ruby -- precisely because of his Mafia ties -- was deeply indebted to the Dallas Police to remain in business.

1.3.1.  It was in this context that Seth Kantor portrayed Ruby's involvement with the Oswald slaying.

1.3.2.  In other words -- Jack Ruby had no clue -- no inkling -- that the Dallas Police had anything to do with the JFK assassination.

1.3.3.  The JFK assassination was never mentioned to Jack Ruby at any time.

1.3.4.  The Dallas Police, instead, prevailed upon Jack Ruby TO KILL A COP-KILLER.  Lee Harvey Oswald was a COP-KILLER.

1.3.3.  That was the context in which the Dallas Police approached Jack Ruby.

1.3.4.  The scenario set out by Seth Kantor was that the Dallas Police would put considerable pressure on Jack Ruby "to be a hero," and not only "a local hero" but very likely "a national hero".  

1.3.5.  Furthermore, surmised Seth Kantor, the Dallas Police would have worked for hours, in groups, to convince Jack Ruby that he would get off with a slap on the wrist.   And after that, the Carousel Club would become world famous, and always be filled with high-rollers.

1.4.  So, Cory, my question to you is this -- do you suppose this authoritative person that you met -- would have agreed with the scenario when re-framed in this manner?

2.0.   As for Lee Harvey Oswald and US Intelligence in 1959-1962.   It is my opinion that Oswald was acting entirely on his own in seeking asylum in the USSR.

2.1.  I believe that Oswald hoped that his "double-agent" antics would win him the admiration of the CIA, and the offer of a full-time job.

2.2.  However, this was part of his immature fantasy.   We tend to forget that Oswald was only 19 years old when he entered the USSR.

2.3.  Oswald was very, very bright (although socially inept and emotionally immature).   His cousin Marilyn Murret said that Oswald read encyclopedias the way other people read novels.

2.4.  I maintain that Oswald taught himself to read Russian (using the Berlitz method) in nine months -- a dazzling achievement.   He knew he was smarter than the average Marine officer, so he decided to keep pushing the limits instead of remaining in the Marines.

2.5.  In my opinion, Oswald decided to throw a tantrum (and even slice his wrists) to gain entry into the USSR.  The fact that he was only 19 years old at the time was a big selling point in his favor.

2.6.  Once in the USSR, however, he never applied for Soviet Citizenship, and never joined the Communist Party.

2.7.  Oswald did like to attend parties, however, and he had numerous girlfriends in Minsk.

2.8.  Oswald got a stipend from the Red Cross in addition to his factory salary, and he was allowed to stay in the newest apartments in Minsk -- so that the local government could keep an eye on him, and so prevent him from corrupting the working class in the poorer apartments.

2.9.  With all that extra money, he looked wealthy (or like a financial wizard) to the young women in Minsk -- and Marina Prusakova clung to him like glue.  An American?   Marina wanted one thing in life -- to get the hell out of the USSR.   She planned the USA trip long before Oswald had a clue.

2.10.  So -- there is KGB material on Oswald, but it mainly says that Oswald was a goof -- a slacker -- not useful to the Communist Party.  I take that to be absolutely true.

3.0.  As for the Radical Right, LBJ (Democrat) and Earl Warren (Republican), they might personally wish to finally slam-dunk the Radical Right for the JFK assassination, but there were too many road-blocks.

3.1.  The first and foremost was National Security.

3.2.  General Walker (said James Hosty, 1996) was the leader of the Dallas Minutemen.

3.3.  The Minutemen were a very large, Radical Right group, operating coast to coast in the USA.  They were paranoid that the Cubans were going to invade their home town any day.   (See the movie, Red Dawn, 1984, which was originally scripted during the 1960's.)

3.4.   The FBI had no idea how large or small they were, because they were a secret society.

3.5.  If they were very large, the FBI would not be able to handle them alone.

3.6.  Then, the FBI (and LBJ) would have to ask the US Military for help.

3.7.  But this was the peak of the Cold War.  How would it look to the WORLD if the US Military went after its own Civilians?   It would look like Civil War -- i.e. it would look like WEAKNESS.

3.8.  LBJ (and Earl Warren, and J. Edgar Hoover and Allen Dulles) could not afford to let the USA look WEAK during the Cold War.

3.9.  No matter who was blamed -- Radical Left or Radical Right -- the chances of riots in the streets was VERY HIGH (in my opinion as a baby boomer).

3.10.  Therefore, in the interest of National Security, the US Government's best bet at the spur of the moment was to put all the blame on one, single Lone Nut.  That would prevent riots.   It apparently worked.

4.0.  How many people were actually involved in the actual plot to kill JFK?   In my humble opinion, less than 50 people were DIRECTLY involved in the plot.  

4.1.  It was a tiny little plot, mostly centered in Dallas (and only partly centered in New Orleans, so Jim Garrison saw only a minor part of it -- the sheep-dipping part).

4.2.  On the other hand, when we speak of the plot to cover-up the TRUTH about the JFK assassination, that involved hundreds of people, mostly in the FBI, the CIA, the US Military, and the Federal Government. 

4.3.  However, in my CT, the JFK Kill Team was radically separate and even opposed to the JFK Cover-up Team.

4.4.  General Walker and the Radical Right continued to argue for MONTHS that Lee Harvey Oswald could NEVER be the Lone Nut -- it had to be a Communist Conspiracy!

5.0.  As for Roscoe White and the JFK Records Act -- it has only been two weeks since 38,000 pages of material have been released.  

5.1.  We must wait just a little longer.   THOUSANDS of people are reading all these pages.

5.2.  In my humble opinion, 90% of these pages are worthless.   All of the CIA documents published are worthless, because the CIA had no clue at all about the truth of this Domestic (FBI) case.

5.3.  I truly expect to see a confirmation of the Walker-did-it CT, with the naming of Radical Right people, including those named by Jim Garrison, Mark Lane, Joan Mellen and Jeff Caufield.

Thanks again for the polite conversation, Cory.  I'm impressed that you're close to folks who knew Jack Ruby personally.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

1 minute ago, Ron Bulman said:

I don't think Buddy Walthers in particular was a avid supporter of the radical right in Dallas 1963.  He was a redneck cop who didn't really give a crap about politics that brown nosed his boss Sherriff Decker by snitching on his co workers to him to ingratiate himself with him (see Roger Craig).   He likely hated Blacks, Mexicans and anything communist, good chance he was KKK.  Maybe he attended one of Walker's 2 or 3 "rallies".  Heck, he could have been paid as security at one of them.  But he was just doing his job for Decker after the assassination, what he was told.  He went to the Paine house in Irving and brought back 7 small metal file cabinets, at least one opened with information about Cuba in it. According to Him.  Then the loyal sheriff's deputy turned them over to Dallas Police Chief Curry (or someone in the department?) per Him .  Deep Sixed.  Never seen again.

Why not?  They could have been useful in framing Oswald.  LBJ's call's (by Cliff Carter) to his close friend  and idolater Henry Wade to drop the communist / Cuba  aspect assistant district attorney Bill Alexandar was pursuing, in the press?

Then again, Walthers reportedly grew marijuana in his back yard, yes, really, in 63 (case was smoothed over by superiors/FBI or fed's).  That would have been pretty liberal for a radical in 63, eh?

Given Paul's long post.  Bump.

48 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I don't think Buddy Walthers in particular was a avid supporter of the radical right in Dallas 1963.  He was a redneck cop who didn't really give a crap about politics that brown nosed his boss Sherriff Decker by snitching on his co workers to him to ingratiate himself with him (see roger Craig).   He likely hated Blacks, Mexicans and anything communist, good chance he was KKK.  Maybe he attended one of Walker's 2 or 3 "rallies".  Heck, he could have been paid as security at one of them.  But he was just doing his job for Decker after the assassination, what he was told.  He went to the Paine house in Irving and brought back 7 small metal file cabinets, at least one opened with information about Cuba in it. According to Him.  Then the loyal sheriff's deputy turned them over to Dallas Police Chief Curry (or someone in the department?) per Him .  Deep Sixed.  Never seen again.

Ron,

The reason those "six or seven metal filing cabinets containing the names of Cuban Communists" were never found -- was because they never existed.

The fabrication by Buddy Walthers was his effort to deep-six Ruth Paine as somebody close to Lee Harvey Oswald, who was supposed to be deep-sixed as a COMMUNIST.

The 1968 information by Jim Garrison about Lee Harvey Oswald among the Radical Right in New Orleans was a deep dark secret in 1963.  

It is the PUSHING of the COMMUNIST PLOT aspect of the JFK assassination, especially by this fabrication of "metal filing cabinets" that convinces me, personally, that Buddy Walthers merits a far closer examination than anybody has given him in the past half-century.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

So - Marina didn't take the back yard photos?

Nah Paul.  Jack White did that.  He was CIA all the way, a media guy, MSM. He knew in advance where the shadows fell before they did.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:38 PM, Jason Ward said:

In my view the dominant government-did-it explanations have failed to account for all the documents and other evidence released since Garrison promoted his CIA theory.   Instead of letting the evidence lead us to the answers, many of us are busy defending our cherished beliefs and accepting or rejecting evidence based on whether or not it threatens our established conclusions.

The Radical Right had the stated objective of getting rid of Kennedy and anticipated immediate benefits in his death.  There are no benefits to the CIA in killing JFK; they lack both motive and tangible evidence they were even wanting Kennedy gone.

Jason

Jason, JFK felt betrayed by the CIA over the Bay of Pigs.  He Fired Dulles, Bissell, and Dallas Mayor Earl Cabbell's brother General Charles over it then said he would "Scatter the CIA to the four winds".  Survival was the benefit to the more powerful than the president cia.  After the Cuban missile crisis they really felt he was weak on communism, and colonialism. 

32 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Jason, JFK felt betrayed by the CIA over the Bay of Pigs.  He Fired Dulles, Bissell, and Dallas Mayor Earl Cabbell's brother General Charles over it then said he would "Scatter the CIA to the four winds".  Survival was the benefit to the more powerful than the president cia.  After the Cuban missile crisis they really felt he was weak on communism, and colonialism. 

Ron,

Actually, the USA is not Colonialist, and never was.  We made a serious mistake supporting the French in Vietnam, but that was a 1960's mistake based on our domino theory of Communism -- not a ploy to support the French Colony in Vietnam.

As proof of our mistake, we cut our losses and got out of Vietnam ten years later.  There are no more Colonies on Planet Earth, thanks largely to the USA.   Not Vietnam, not Hong Kong, not Kuwait.

It is a Communist Myth that the USA was ever a Colonialist or neo-Colonialist nation.  We want Democracy for Everybody.  Sadly, not everybody in the world wants Democracy for Everybody.

Don't believe the Communists -- also, the Radical Right is mainly echoing Marxist claptrap these days.

The CIA serves at the pleasure of the POTUS.  Always has.  Always will.

Sure, the Bay of Pigs radicalized some CIA agents who later went ROGUE.

William Harvey -- E. Howard Hunt -- David Morales -- they lost too many pals in the Bay of Pigs, and they could not sleep at night.   So they went ROGUE.

(William Harvey kept sending in Cuban Raid groups into Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis!   Imagine that!)

But face it -- the Bay of Pigs was designed to be a 100% Cuban Operation.   No US Military was supposed to be visible at any time.  So, this wasn't a screw-up by JFK, it was a major screw-up by the CIA.   (Sadly, since JFK was the boss of the CIA at the time, JFK had to take the blame -- and he took it like a man.)

The CIA was to blame for the Bay of Pigs catastrophe.  Some guys were too shell-shocked to live it down.  They became ROGUES.  They also confessed near the ends of their lives.   We know what minor roles they played in the JFK assassination.  NOTHING compared to the Dallas Players.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

5 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Ron,

Actually, the USA is not Colonialist, and never was.  We made a serious mistake supporting the French in Vietnam, but that was a 1960's mistake based on our domino theory of Communism -- not a ploy to support the French Colony in Vietnam.

As proof of our mistake, we cut our losses and got out of Vietnam ten years later.  There are no more Colonies on Planet Earth, thanks largely to the USA.   Not Vietnam, not Hong Kong, not Kuwait.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

The things that Paul can convince himself of are mind boggling. Does he just ignore our capture and occupation of Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, The Phillipines and Cuba?