The Education Forum

Anatomy Of Lee Harvey Oswald's Interrogations

Guest Bart Kamp

Allowing more two interrogators in the room destroyed the quality of the information. I think that Fritz was overwhelmed by the feds and let solid rules of interrogation be ignored. When I was in Detroit Homicide in the early 80's interrogations and even interviews were written down the officer and read and signed by the suspect.

Since some folks would go into court and say they signed but they hadn't read it so I would make a number of spelling mistakes on the page and require the suspect to initial as I initialed each spelling error and drew a single line thru it was then really difficult to allege you never read it when your initials appeared several places on each page.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Ellsworth made a comment of more than a dozen in that room, which I find a tad strong. But half a dozen, sure.

Oswald, Fritz, two DPD detectives, FBI, SS, U.S. Marshal etc

In one way they all said Fritz would have gotten more out of Oswald if he had been on his own, yet on the 24th he 'invited' Harry Dean Holmes to join  the party....

I will start with making some movies explaining as chronologically possible how it all went down later this year.

• 2 months later...

I posted a video without audio on FB with Oswald emerging from Fritz's office which I had not noticed before yet. After seeing a post by Jeff Morley at his site about the Canadian TV program he cooperated with I saw the same footage but with audio and that sounded familiar.

So I found a video shot from the opposite end filming the same sequence of Oswald leaving Fritz's office and going to the door that leads to the jail elevator in my YouTube collection. In about an hr after the first sequence he emerges from that door at about 19:50 and declares himself the patsy.

In both instances Oswald denies shooting JFK vehemently and mentions legal representation.  

http://www.prayer-man.com/oswald-in-the-corridor-nov-22nd-after-his-hearing/

In the HSCA interview of Deputy Sheriff Ralph Alvin Walters, (thanks to Dennis Morissette) it has become evident that the Sheriff’s Department was in no way to be involved with any of the planning of J.F.K.’s visit to Dallas.  

Once arriving back at the office the supervisors were all gathered inside Decker’s office for an immediate meeting and Decker told them that: “The Secret Service and/or F.B.I. were the first-line investigators and they were to stay out of it. If they had anything thus far, they were to turn it over to either agency right away.”

On 7/9/2018 at 4:36 PM, Bart Kamp said:

I posted a video without audio on FB with Oswald emerging from Fritz's office which I had not noticed before yet. After seeing a post by Jeff Morley at his site about the Canadian TV program he cooperated with I saw the same footage but with audio and that sounded familiar.

So I found a video shot from the opposite end filming the same sequence of Oswald leaving Fritz's office and going to the door that leads to the jail elevator in my YouTube collection. In about an hr after the first sequence he emerges from that door at about 19:50 and declares himself the patsy.

In both instances Oswald denies shooting JFK vehemently and mentions legal representation.  

Not to say that LHO was a morally perfect human but I find it even more astonishing that he literally said “I have not committed any acts of violence”. I mean that is one hell of a claim to make when you’re accused of so much. Thanks a ton for this gem Barto.

12 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

In the HSCA interview of Deputy Sheriff Ralph Alvin Walters, (thanks to Dennis Morissette) it has become evident that the Sheriff’s Department was in no way to be involved with any of the planning of J.F.K.’s visit to Dallas.  

Once arriving back at the office the supervisors were all gathered inside Decker’s office for an immediate meeting and Decker told them that: “The Secret Service and/or F.B.I. were the first-line investigators and they were to stay out of it. If they had anything thus far, they were to turn it over to either agency right away.”

"studiously ignored as the planning took place.  "If the story wasn't in the newspapers we wouldn't have known JFK was coming to town".  Maybe their assistance in security wasn't sought but maybe it wasn't volunteered either.  I don't think Decker wanted anything to do with protecting JFK or investigating his murder.  In addition to Walters statement above we have Roger Craig's statement.  I paraphrase from memory.  We were told to go out front and watch the parade, which some officers grumbled about, but we were not to participate in security of it under any circumstances.  Did Decker know something might happen?  Then he belatedly (?) sent detectives to Irving (DPD officers waited a half hour or more on them), since it was outside the Dallas city limits to question at/search the Paine house, including the garage.  Evidence brought back from there including 7 hand held file cabinets, some of which at least had Cuba related info in them was sent to the DPD where it disappeared forever.  At a time when it should have been all hands on deck for the DPD and Sheriff's Office  to exhaust every lead Fritz said we have our man.  Then they tried to transfer Oswald to the County Jail.  Then LBJ called the emergency room at Parkland demanding a confession.  Then Craig kept talking and got fired.

• 4 months later...

I found this link from MFF, originally posted by Steve Thomas, at the Lancer forum in 2007

Gold! Well to me it is.

FBI interview of 23-year former Dallas attorney Travis Kirk both in the prosecutor's office as well as a defence attorney:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10486&relPageId=88

He advised that Fritz was the type of character who would  stop at nothing to make his point.

If anyone has other data about this by Travis Kirk then I would love to know.

3 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

I found this link from MFF, originally posted by Steve Thomas, at the Lancer forum in 2007

Gold! Well to me it is.

FBI interview of 23-year former Dallas attorney Travis Kirk both in the prosecutor's office as well as a defence attorney:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10486&relPageId=88

He advised that Fritz was the type of character who would  stop at nothing to make his point.

If anyone has other data about this by Travis Kirk then I would love to know.

You've probably seen this, but it's all I could find (apart from a couple of irrelevant criminal appellate decisions from the 1950s):  https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338851/m1/

The spelling and grammar don't say much for his intellect ("Ruby was know to be a queer for women" - ?).

So Fritz conspired with Ruby to have Oswald shot?  Sure, I like it!

God knows what axe he may have had to grind with Fritz.

Be that as it may Lance, it is paragraph three of the statement that drew my attention and is relevant to this thread.

On the other side Fritz made such a great impression when Ruby shot Oz did he not?

On 7/9/2018 at 6:36 PM, Bart Kamp said:

Bart,

I think this had to be just before he is led into the "showup" room and is asked by a reporter if he shot the President, and he responds, "No, the first time I heard that is when I was "aksed" that question by a reporter out in the hall".

He is also still wearing his brown shirt. He had been stripped of that shirt by Saturday.

Steve Thomas

Steve this happened just after 7PM being led away from 317 and having been arraigned for the Tippit murder.

He is then led to the Davis sisters'line-up

Then when he emerges he does the patsy segment which is at 19:50.

Still more than 4 hours before the press conf.

Edited by Bart Kamp

I did two separate tours in Detroit Homicide and found that two investigators are the max you want wiht the suspect. More than that and they want to outshine the rest.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, Lance Payette said:

I scrolled through all 308 pages of the PDF, and it is certainly a gold mine of information.  All of the incredible confusion, chaos, sloppiness and after-the-fact CYA scrambling strike me as exactly what I would expect if a Presidential visit had suddenly become a Presidential assassination, compounded by the murder of a DPD officer - and exactly what I would not expect if this had been any sort of organized conspiracy.  One aspect of the interrogation that recently struck me was an interview of Houston Post reporter Lonnie Hudkins that was included in the excellent PBS Frontline documentary "Who was Lee Harvey Oswald?"  Hudkins emphasized that LHO was unnaturally calm and unruffled, completely unfazed by his circumstances - precisely as Baker and Truly reported LHO as being during the lunchroom encounter.  There, I believe, might be a much bigger clue than the confusion, chaos, sloppiness and after-the-fact CYA scrambling of the interrogation.  (A bigger clue to exactly what I can't say, but preternatural calm in those circumstances strikes me as impossible.)

it's almost like he had some type of training to remain so.calm, huh?

10 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

it's almost like he had some type of training to remain so.calm, huh?

I suggest you listen to the interview of LHO in New Orleans. How calm and collected he is in that.

Oswald was calm as a cucumber very intelligent, barely missing a beat.

Zero common sense though.

Oh and for Lance.

Lonnie H. was a devious person, there is no evidence to back his claim up and he is also responsible for claiming that Oz was an FBI source. This claim went all the way to the top.Some reporter.......of course he was in with the DPD clan.

• 1 month later...