The Education Forum

Donald Jeffries to be on Coasttocoastam 9/29

Douglas Caddy

Donald was brilliant on the show. The moderator said that he wanted to lock Donald in a room for six hours so as to be able to ask questions about the JFK assassination that he had because Donald's knowledge of what happened is so encompassing.

Of course I listened to Don's interview on Coast To Coast AM last night.

Over-all, even in that somewhat distracting every 15 minutes commercial interruption format, I found it to be a good interview.

But as the moderator knew, this is a subject that truly deserves hours of uninterrupted interview time versus maybe one hour as C2C offers.

If I called in to the C2C show last night, I would have shared an observation with Don regards JFK's motorcade through Dallas and specifically Dealey Plaza.

I've heard Clint Hill talk many times in his publicly broadcast interviews about the fact that his agency was simply unable to monitor and manpower address the open window security situation of multiple story buildings along presidential motorcade routes ( including Dallas ) any more than they did.

You could tell that Hill is definitely insecure about this subject ( because he always brings it up and spends more defending time on it than is asked by his audiences ) and which of course he knows was a huge flaw that led to the failure of JFK's security on 11,22,1963.

It is a subject I wish I could personally confront Hill about because I feel it is a more important subject that needs more explanation and exploring than what we get from Hill.

How in the world could all the combined security forces supposedly on duty that day in Dallas ( one of the most JFK hating areas of the country)  and with several serious death threats including scenario's of high rise shooting MOs being reported in two other motorcade cities JFK recently visited,  not do this "one basic security protocol" which is to have spotters on the ground or in buildings using binoculars to monitor any open windows in multi-story buildings along a motorcade route, specifically and at least when JFK's open top limo is "passing underneath them?"

You wouldn't need security men in every building. That one specific security task could be carried out with maybe 20 men placed in the high rise area of the motorcade. And they could leave as soon as JFK"s limo was far enough away from these buildings. Not a gargantuan cost and manpower effort.   

There were half a dozen "bystanders" on the ground in Dealey Plaza on 11,22,1963 ( that came forward, maybe more who didn't ) who spotted a man with a gun or men with guns on the upper floors of the Texas School Book Depository building up to 5 or more minutes "before" JFK's limo arrived underneath.

These bystanders were not trained or instructed to look for something so threatening. They had no binoculars. They noticed this just by "casual random looking around" while waiting for JFK's motorcade.

Imagine if Dealey Plaza had even ONE trained high rise open window observer that day just before and during JFK's limo passed underneath?

That security need is such a "no brainer" I can't accept "simple negligence" as an answer for it's lapse.

Also, how in the world could JFK's follow up car SS security team not be trained to react to "the first sound of gunshot or anything resembling a gun shot"  by immediately running to and jumping onto JFK's limo back stands? Why wait for a second one?

What always turns my stomach is viewing the Ike Altgen's photos depicting almost every SS team member on the follow up car simply turning around versus any other defensive action when the first gun shot rang out in Dealey Plaza.

There was a significant pause between the first and second shots which would have been enough time for the agents to have ran to JFK's limo if they had reacted to that first shot as one would expect them to do.

It was only when the second shot rang out that any of them reacted and only one - Clint Hill - realized that he should leave the SS car and run to JFK's limo to use his body as a shield.

It's more rational than not to feel great doubt and suspicion seeing all these security let downs and broken protocols ( two 90% turns on a motorcade route?) regards JFK's security that day in Dallas and specifically in Dealey Plaza.

Not to mention Roy Kellerman's total lack of any physical protection action ( contrarily Rufus Youngblood threw himself on LBJ after just the second shot) during the three shot attack. And Bill Greer simply turning 180 degrees around and slowing or almost stopping the car just as JFK's head is blown apart.

Factual points worth knowing for those who are interested in the JFK event I believe.

Edited by Joe Bauer