The Education Forum

Burns and Novick Assassinate Kennedy

I started a separate thread on this for two reasons:

First, IMO, its even more a censorship and distortion of history than Part 1.

Second, it deal directly with the Kennedy years in Vietnam, which should concern everyone on this board.  The better way to state it, it DOES NOT deal with the Kennedy years in Vietnam It, avoids the real and declassified record. Everyone should fax or email PBS to ask for equal time.

https://kennedysandking.com/reviews/ken-burns-lynn-novick-the-vietnam-war-part-two

Edited by James DiEugenio

Jim, if we e-mail PBS and ask for equal time, may we also send them a copy of your review/critique or in the least a link to it?

Your essays express the justification so concisely, credibly and coherently I can't think of any better way to convey this request.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Jim - Great article. It's just so frustrating to follow the posts of my FB friends, because it's abundantly clear that those less educated, especially younger, are being given incomplete history. Two posters took the position that the Koch brothers were using some of their fortune doing 'good' things. No awareness of the harm they are doing to the planet, and less obviously towards our true history. 

You would find an ally in David Talbot if you want to ask for equal time.

Edited by Paul Brancato

Joe:  Yes you can use my essay in your e mail requesting equal time for the actual facts.

OK with me.

The Koch brothers are using their money to promote good things?  This crappy series is evidence of what they are trying to do, which is to dominate the MSM with a message that hey, Vietnam was not really that bad, and Kennedy was no better than Johnson or Eisenhower.  Which is a complete lie.

You can post it at say Talbot's and then hit the share button to give it out to different links,  as least I think that is how its done.  You may want to ask Talbot.

Sandy:

If you recall, after the film The Day After was broadcast, itv created a mini uproar.  ABC then sponsored a two hour program after which featured advocates of both sides so that each side got pretty much equal time.

That really does not cost them a lot of money since its simply using a studio they have and paying someone to moderate, and paying air and hotel fees for the participants.

Now, if they promised us say one to two hours of air time  in advance, I sure would be interested in putting together a documentary on the subject.  But I really do not think they would do it simply because during the eighties, they really were intimidated by the GOP.

Go to this page to choose how to contact PBS about the smear of Kennedy in the Burns/Novick series.

http://www.contactcustomerservicenow.com/contact-pbs-customer-service/

A FRIEND OF MINE JUST WROTE ATLANTIC MONTHLY ABOUT THEIR COLUMN BY THE TWO FRAUDS, NOVICK AND BURNS, EQUATING JFK WITH NIXON AND KENNEDY ON VIETNAM.  THE LATTER TWO PRESIDENTS'S POLICIES KILLED ABOUT HOW MANY PEOPLE?  TRY THREE MILLION.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Sandy:

If you recall, after the film The Day After was broadcast, itv created a mini uproar.  ABC then sponsored a two hour program after which featured advocates of both sides so that each side got pretty much equal time.

That really does not cost them a lot of money since its simply using a studio they have and paying someone to moderate, and paying air and hotel fees for the participants.

Now, if they promised us say one to two hours of air time  in advance, I sure would be interested in putting together a documentary on the subject.  But I really do not think they would do it simply because during the eighties, they really were intimidated by the GOP.

Ah, okay I get it. Thanks Jim.

You mean the soundtrack to this crappy documentary?

Its on You Tube?  OMG

Here's that show. I was going to type something here about HK but a comment on the YTV page said it better.

"Henry Kissinger critiquing a film about nuclear war is like John Gotti critiquing a film about mob violence. And did Stanley Kubrick and Peter Sellers somehow have Kissinger in mind when they created the character of Dr. Strangelove? I was just waiting for Kissinger to raise his right arm in a Nazi salute then quietly put it back down."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcCLZwU2t34