The Education Forum

Delay in release of records.

Cory Santos

Hugo:

That is really bad.  Thanks for showing it.

They admit he is a major JFK figure, then they say they will still not reveal his CIA affiliation.

But that was over 20 years ago.  Trump, IMO, really screwed up when he gave in on the last day.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Hugo Langendoen said:

Does anyone of the more experienced people here have any idea about whom they are talking. Allthough the name is blanked out, there is some information which might make it possible to know who they are talking about.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10331-10315.pdf

I've been digging into this since I saw the document last night. I, unfortunately lost all of my JFK books  years ago when a roof collapsed and destroyed those and other documents, pictures, etc. I believe the answer is in Newman's "Oswald and the CIA." 

My thoughts are that the person is male (obviously by the wording of the document) and is very likely a person in the Cuban government. I initially believed it to be Luis Alberu Soeto but I don't this is correct. Soeto was apparently already working with the the CIA in 1963, and the documents state the person was not recruited until 1964 I think this could rule out Soeto. I'm still not sold on that though.

Document 104-10326-10011 states 

"L/9's true name has already appeared in book "Oswald and the CIA" by John Newman. Based on official material previously inadvertently released..."

From (a very old) memory, I believe it was named as Soeto.

Document 104-10331-10315 states:

"They were told that despite the inadvertent release of his name and being contacted by journalist, REDACTED was still denying his agency relationship and has request that no more information be released,"

Does anyone know who "T/9" is? I'm fairly sure this person is a Cuban who doubled for the CIA, L/9 is Soeto, is T/9 a completely different cryptonym?

All FBI records (HQ and field office files) pertaining to JFK's assassination are being transferred to NARA along with thousands of Civil Rights (series 44-) and Domestic Security (series 100-) and Civil Unrest (series 157-) case files.

See: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Records - Record Group 65 - Master Location Registry - October 2017

The practical meaning of this is as follows:
(1)  NARA currently charges 80 cents per page for either a paper photocopy of a document OR for scanned PDF documents (onto a DVD). 

This means that virtually nobody will now be able to afford to obtain medium-size or large-size FBI or CIA or any other agency files.  Example: a 1000 page file will cost $800 from NARA -- whereas the same file from the FBI would cost $15 or $20 for pdf files scanned onto a CD or DVD OR cost $90 for paper copies (first 100 pages free).  NARA does not provide any free pages.  [Actually, it is even worse because the FBI often sends previously processed files on a CD to a new requester at no charge - whereas NARA never does that.]

(2)  Typically, it takes NARA over 1 year to process a small request (under 500 pages) and 2-3 years for larger requests (over 500 to 1000 pages).

EXAMPLE:  When the FBI's HQ file on the John Birch Society (12,000 pages) is sent to NARA, it would cost $9600 to obtain it from NARA---and perhaps take them 2-3 years to process it.

In effect:  The entire purpose of the FOIA has now been subverted.  It is not hyperbole to state that the FOIA is essentially dead.  Historians, political scientists, journalists, students and other interested parties will now no longer have access to millions of pages of our history.
Edited by Ernie Lazar

The following was sent to me by a fellow researcher:

The first 13 1/2 pages in the list are for the 676 new records released on Friday (11/3/2017).  They were tacked onto the same database with the others released in July and on 10/26, for a grand total of 7,361 "rows" of data, each representing one "record" whether it's one or hundreds of pages.

David Denton wrote on Facebook today:

I was able to go through the rest of CIA man, David Phillips' file that was released over this past weekend. For those of you that do not know, Phillips is one of the more suspicious characters in the JFK assassination story. He was a master of propaganda, deception, and intrigue. During his career he was involved in many plots and coup d’états orchestrated against foreign leaders by the CIA. During the 1950's, he operated inside the CIA and on the outside, flipping back and ...forth between regular duty in the agency and as a private citizen hired as a "contract agent". Of interesting note, was the secrecy agreement Phillips signed as a contract agent. It stated: "You will be required to keep FOREVER secret this contract and all information which you obtained”. Simply stated: anyone connected to the agency was always under their control. Phillips would ultimately rise to the top of the agency, culminating with his heading up the Western Hemisphere Division in the mid 70's before his retirement. What evidence of Phillips' potential participation in Dallas? In 2007, E. Howard Hunt made a deathbed confession where he fingered Phillips, among others, as taking part in the "Big Event". Phillips was in Mexico City as Chief of Station when Oswald made his alleged, mysterious trip to that city. Phillips' assets were the first to spread the propaganda that Oswald was connected to the Soviets and Castro. Cuban exile leader Antonio Veciana recently admitted that the "Maurice Bishop" that he saw with Oswald in September of 1963 was actually David Atlee Phillips. In the mid-70's, Phillips went before Congress and lied, suggesting videotapes of Oswald's visits to the Russian and Cuban Embassies, as well as audio tapes of phone calls he made to them, were routinely destroyed before the assassination. Phillips himself may have alluded to family members before his death that there was something more going on in Dallas. What do released files tell us about Phillips? Probably not nearly as much as the 20 pages that were completely redacted. Throughout, he is commended in his personnel files for his actions taken against foreign leaders. It is noteworthy, that the agency regarded foreign leaders as merely "targets" to be eliminated. In particular, Castro is referred to as a "high priority Cuban target". Phillips received high praise for his actions taken in the overthrow of the "Soviet target" Salvador Allende of Chile in 1973. The released files leave no doubt that Phillips was the man to turn to when it came to conducting an operation to remove someone from power. Ironically in July 1971, Cord Meyer, another agency official fingered by Hunt to be involved in the JFK murder, would in a handwritten note found in Phillips' personnel file, compliment him for his "excellent political judgement”.

Many, many of these files are still completely redacted...

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10180-10010.pdf   is a link to REGGAB, MOHAMMED who claims to have had an affair with Marina and feel she may be a prostitute....

Except go to the link...  a couple of routing slips and completely redacted pages....  it's 73 pages long!

I thought these were supposed to be the un-redacted version  ??

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Trygve V. Jensen said:

All the audio released, - was it 100% Nosenko - interviews, or anything else ? 

Anything particularly juicy discovered by now , in the released records or ?

David Boylan shared the following document which I believe is a near-bombshell revelation. I think it radically alters the perception of LHO as being sheep dipped in NOLA to being that of a CIA asset assigned to infiltrate pro Castro groups. James McCord was running an operation to infiltrate the FPCC, and this document shows that McCord was working for David Atlee Phillips. It puts the Southland hotel meeting between Veciana, LHO and Phillips in context and perspective. While LHO was to become a latter-day Patsy, in the summer of 1963 he was working for the CIA.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/NARA-Nov9-2017/104-10128-10300.pdf

Thank you Michael C.  Appreciate any input. Will read up on it after dinner.

Being a less-than-average-informed sheep, - while reading through this thread, - I was taken to newspaper-articles, - linking to some informer(s) saying Tippit was the assassin ( :-) ) - having met LHO and Ruby at some bar, - and Ruby meeting LHO in Florida etc. etc. Fun Saturday - evening - entertainment after a long day working,  even if it is fiction.

Thanks again, - any tips / directions towards points of interest, -  appreciated. Downloaded a 9GB Folder, containing 6684 pdf - files, and the 17 audio-files, --- but realized I have no idea what it is, (as it was not labeled in a orderly fashion) - pertaining to which dates released, - if it (of what was released last summer and fall ) has been released already in the past, ---- nor any idea how much information is still, - and perhaps will forever be sealed.

Have a further splendid day / evening / night - depending on your location.

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

4 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

David Boylan shared the following document which I believe is a near-bombshell revelation. I think it radically alters the perception of LHO as being sheep dipped in NOLA to being that of a CIA asset assigned to infiltrate pro Castro groups. James McCord was running an operation to infiltrate the FPCC, and this document shows that McCord was working for David Atlee Phillips. It puts the Southland hotel meeting between Veciana, LHO and Phillips in context and perspective. While LHO was to become a latter-day Patsy, in the summer of 1963 he was working for the CIA.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/NARA-Nov9-2017/104-10128-10300.pdf

Having to catch up on an overwhelmingly large amount of information, as well as learning things for the first time, - I find it easy to divert myself, in order to fully more comprehend the importance. Did not open the document until now.

In retrospect I can't remember studying this (the meeting) in much depth in the past. I do remember scratching the surface. One of the surviving clips (2007) from my channel:

------ It is also apparently from EOR, - and you all have seen it. (Here (with Bill O`Reilly?) stated meeting was in August, - not September).

-------------------

In short, - I should thank you for making my Saturday evening not only interesting, and fascinating, - but also more constructive.

I plunged into some searching, - (found out this document is not within the folder I downloaded myself) - which amongst many things, - redirected me back here to this thread: ---------

-----------------------------------------

------ which for me of course started out very intriguing, - but as this thread halted on January 5th; - with a description of Wynne's part 4 (which I have yet to see) , - where he at that point apparently has derailed / escalated (t)his whole discussion/recollection of the meeting itself, - into his own remarks/views, about the RFK - assassination, - the Polka Dot Girl, - and maybe even "Mind - Control" (Vicki) , -------- I must say, that IM(prejudiced)O. (before even watching these 2 available parts, - cause they are just that: available, - even stated otherwise in the thread) ---impression of this person's account's credibility) - diminished somehow. (Still I have not much to base that upon).

Maybe I shall watch this two parts now. It seems Wynne just disappeared ?

----- Point of interest, of maybe no importance, even if I understood it correctly, --- from that thread was this: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=111947#relPageId=11&tab=page

There haven't come forth any explanation for why the HSCA cites Vic Walthers' interview only ? Perhaps it's just getting too late, - and I am just misreading/misunderstanding things;

He did, --- or did not interview Veciana , August 19th - 1977 ? (My misunderstanding-rate just increases , the later it gets here, - so I'll just press Submit, - and try to remember the second thing I was meaning to ask, (or was it comment on)).

-------------------------------------------

Anyway, - thanks for linking to that document, showing J.M. worked for Philips.

I think the whole thing was deliberate derailing. The couple’s story doesn’t hold up. What is important is Veciana publicly saying a few years ago at a jfk conference that Phillips was Bishop, and that he did see Phillips and Oswald together.

19 minutes ago, Trygve V. Jensen said:

Having to catch up on an overwhelmingly amount of information, as well as learning things for the first time, - I find it easy to divert myself, in order to fully more comprehend the importance. Did not open the document until now.

In retrospect I can't remember studying this (the meeting) in much depth in the past. I do remember scratching the surface. One of the surviving clips (2007) from my channel:

------ It is also apparently from EOR, - and you all have seen it. (Here stated meeting was in August, - not September)

-------------------

In short, - I should thank you for making my Saturday evening not only interesting, and fascinating, - but also more constructive.

I plunged into some searching, - (found out this document is not within the folder I downloaded myself) - which amongst many things, - redirected me back here to this thread: ---------

which for me of course started out very intriguing, - but as this thread halted on January 5th; - with a descripton of Wynne's part 4 (which I have yet to see) , - where he at that point apparently has derailed / escalated (t)his whole discussion/recollection of the meeting itself, - into his own remarks/views, about the RFK - assassination, - the Polka Dot Girl, - and maybe even "Mind - Control" (Vicki) , -------- I must say, that IM(predjuding)O. (before even watching these 2 available parts, - cause they are just that: available, - even stated otherwise in the thread) ---impression of this person's account's credibility) - diminished somehow.

Maybe I shall watch this two parts now. It seems Wynne just disappeared ?

----- Point of interest, of maybe no importance, even if I understood it correctly, --- from that thread was this: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=111947#relPageId=11&tab=page

There haven't come forth any explanation for why the HSCA cites Vic Walthers' interview only ? Perhaps it's just getting too late, - and I am just misreading/misunderstanding things;

He did, --- or did not interview Veciana , August 19th - 1977 ? (My misunderstanding-rate just increases , the later it gets here, - so I'll just press Submit, - and try to remember the second thing I was meaning to ask).

-------------------------------------------

Anyway, - thanks for linking to that document, showing J.M. worked for Philips.

Hi Trygve, it was a chance click of the mouse, 18 months ago, that brought me back, fully, to the JFK case, 20 something years after having read Garrison's OtTotA. I clicked on the Wynne and Vicki video and I had to learn who these characters were. Wynne' story is fascinating, and I believed him, at the time. The story just grew to encompass many aspects of the case and he did not want to answer fair questions about it. So, no, I am less than sure about his story.

Edited by Michael Clark

34 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Hi Trygve, it was a chance click of the mouse, 18 months ago, that brought me back, fully, to the JFK case, 20 something years after having read Garrison's OtTotA. I clicked on the Wynne and Vicki video and I had to learn who these characters were. Wynne' story is fascination, and I believe him, at the time. The story just grew to encompass many aspects of the case and he did not want to answer fair questions about it. So, no, I am less than sure about his story.

That's fascinating in itself, - how a "chance-click-of-a-mouse", changed your course :) .

I'll try watch a bit of part 4 now. It is not password - protected either, as it apparently was at some point in time.

edited for incoherent,irrelevant rambling.