The Education Forum

New book on Nixon and the Mob

27 minutes ago, Glenn Nall said:

I would not jump to this assumption so quickly. There are other, more credible, versions, Joe...

But this one might fit in there somewhere... parts of it... who knows? most everyone agrees that there's a lot we don't know...

Joe, you shouid read Jim Hougan's Secret Agenda.  I'm sure Doug Caddy could recommend other books.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0394514289/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=7016009844&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_77mjodc5bf_b

3 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Joe, you shouid read Jim Hougan's Secret Agenda.  I'm sure Doug Caddy could recommend other books.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0394514289/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=7016009844&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_77mjodc5bf_b

heck, Doug could just tell us...!

JUST kidding, Mr Caddy.

Carl Oglesby's The Yankee and Cowboy War covers a LOT of the little-known back story and suggests some pretty intriguing "alternate" scenarios, replete with motives...

To this day when I see Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein on TV I can't help but think, "dude, you're so full of..." well, not that strong, but with similar sentiment.

Good stuff Glen - thanks for the post. The relationship between Nixon and Prescott Bush is interesting, and it's clear to me at least that Prescott's help in Nixon's early career was returned in spades when Nixon became president and appointed George Bush to various posts. 

44 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Good stuff Glen - thanks for the post. The relationship between Nixon and Prescott Bush is interesting, and it's clear to me at least that Prescott's help in Nixon's early career was returned in spades when Nixon became president and appointed George Bush to various posts. 

It's also noteworthy where Bush's first jobs were, and who they were coming from...

I keep coming across this Nazi stuff (re post-WWII Bush, Dulles, etc.) lately, and it frankly makes me nervous for the first time in the many years I've looked at this thing...

Edited by Glenn Nall

Great thread.  I think Nixon's organized crime ties have been overlooked by the MSM & their historians for far too long, which makes me wonder why so?  If you're in the CT camp, the names of Nixon's organized crime ties reads like a who's who in the JFK case.  According to below linked article, Carlos Marcello gave Nixon $500k in cash  in September 1960 before the November election.  Oswald' uncle Murret worked for Marcello (as a booky) as did Ferrie, Bannister and (supposedly) Ruby.   Then there's Nixon's best buddy, Bebe Rebozo, a American-born Cuban with extensive ties to organized crime. And let's not forget that in 1959 Nixon was Eisenhower's point man for Operation Zapata(BOP).  JFK's securing of the Presidency in 1960,  was a big set back to this Operation.  I can't imagine Nixon withholding air support, as JFK did, when the BOP invasion foundered.

From this article I ran across,  www.crimemagazine.com/mobs-president-richard-nixons-secret-ties-mafia, which is a great read:

" In February 1955, Vice President Richard Nixon traveled to Havana to embrace Batista at the despot's lavish private palace, praise ''the competence and stability'' of his regime, award him a medal of honor, and compare him with Abraham Lincoln.'  

The Watergate Scandal seems to come into better focus when Nixon's mafia ties are factored in.  My guess is that Nixon knew what went down on 11/22/63 by way of his Operation Zapata( Hunt, Sturgis,etc)- Organized Crime( Marcello, Hoffa, etc) connections and was using this knowledge to blackmail someone( the CIA, the Military?) and that someone gave the Watergate break-in legs, which it wouldn't have normally had.   Didn't Nixon call it "a third rate burglary"?; right, a third rate burglary which cost him the Presidency.  What about the parallels between Nixon and Trump, and both with extensive organized crime ties....scary stuff!

Edited by Dan Doyle

15 minutes ago, Dan Doyle said:

Great thread.  I think Nixon's organized crime ties have been overlooked by the MSM & their historians for far too long, which makes me wonder why so?  If you're in the CT camp, the names of Nixon's organized crime ties reads like a who's who in the JFK case.  According to below linked article, Carlos Marcello gave Nixon $500k in cash  in September 1960 before the November election.  Oswald' uncle Murret worked for Marcello (as a booky) as did Ferrie, Bannister and (supposedly) Ruby.   Then there's Nixon's best buddy, Bebe Rebozo, a American-born Cuban with extensive ties to organized crime. And let's not forget that in 1959 Nixon was Eisenhower's point man for Operation Zapata(BOP).  JFK's securing of the Presidency in 1960,  was a big set back to this Operation.  I can't imagine Nixon withholding air support, as JFK did, when the BOP invasion foundered.

From this article I ran across ww.crimemagazine.com/mobs-president-richard-nixons-secret-ties-mafia, which is a great read:

" In February 1955, Vice President Richard Nixon traveled to Havana to embrace Batista at the despot's lavish private palace, praise ''the competence and stability'' of his regime, award him a medal of honor, and compare him with Abraham Lincoln.'  

The Watergate Scandal seems to come into better focus when Nixon's mafia ties are factored in.  My guess is that Nixon knew what went down on 11/22/63 by way of his Operation Zapata( Hunt, Sturgis,etc)- Organized Crime( Marcello, Hoffa, etc) connections and was using this knowledge to blackmail someone( the CIA, the Military?) and that someone gave the Watergate break-in legs, which it wouldn't have normally had.   Didn't Nixon call it "a third rate burglary"?; right, a third rate burglary which cost him the Presidency.  What about the parallels between Nixon and Trump, and both with extensive organized crime ties....scary stuff!

While I would like to back -off the Trump comments as unclear in specifics and relavence, I think this is a great post Dan.