The Education Forum

GEORGE DEMOHRENSCHILDT Contacted by DOD in April 1963!

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10006-10248.pdf

Cale Allen, DOD Case Officer in 1963 - Requested to contact G.D. in April 29, 1963 - https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10112-10444.pdf

Edited by Keyvan Shahrdar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keyvan,

The date of this DOD document is missing -- and so is the stated purpose of the document.

It is apparently -- in my opinion -- a DOD notation that a Russian-born person moved from Texas to Haiti in 1963.   He could be useful to DOD personnel if he could translate Russian.

Do you have other information?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Keyvan:

Can you specify where that info is in the documents you posted about the guy's name and the date?

I mean it makes perfect sense because of the Dorothe Matlack connection, but please be more specific. 

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Keyvan:

Can you specify where that info is in the documents you posted about the guy's name and the date?

I mean it makes perfect sense because of the Dorothe Matlack connection, but please be more specific. 

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10112-10444.pdf

In the first paragraph of the above link, you can read about the DOD case officer name Cale Allen.  This analysis was made by the CIA in Dec. 30th 1974 by a CIA Analyst name Jerry G Brown.

Who is Dorothe Matlack? Found it! - https://www.army.mil/article/97889/this_week_in_history_dorothe_k_matlack_a_pioneer_and_champion_of_army_humint

2 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Keyvan,

The date of this DOD document is missing -- and so is the stated purpose of the document.

It is apparently -- in my opinion -- a DOD notation that a Russian-born person moved from Texas to Haiti in 1963.   He could be useful to DOD personnel if he could translate Russian.

Do you have other information?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

This document in question is written by a CIA Analyst named Jerry G Brown.  The document states memo - 12/30/74.  What I find most interesting is that GD has a CIA 201 file since Aug. 1950.

11 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

This document in question is written by a CIA Analyst named Jerry G Brown.  The document states memo - 12/30/74.  What I find most interesting is that GD has a CIA 201 file since Aug. 1950.

Keyvan,

It's well known to researchers of George De Mohrenschildt that the CIA was interested in him on many fronts.  They were mostly interested in his older brother, but George was also interesting.   Here is my understanding of their interest.

1.  Both men were born in Minsk, Russia where their family had a huge acreage of productive land.  They were mega-rich -- and they could speak several languages.

2.  As youngsters, their family inheritance was taken over by Lenin and the Communist Revolution.

3.  As young men they supported the German Nazi regime in an effort to get their ancestral inheritance returned to them.   (They did not join the Nazi Party -- they were Russians -- but they did offer their support to Nazi intelligence, since they could translate into multiple languages, and their vocabularies were enormous.  They were useful as office informants, mainly.)

4.  Obviously, the Nazi Empire lost the war, and was completely destroyed.   So were the chances of the Mohrenschildt brothers to get their land back.

5.  So, the Mohrenschidlt brothers moved their allegiance to the USA.   They made quick friends with US Intelligence agents.  They could offer translation skills, but they also knew lots of German names and places, and they could be very useful to the transition and the Marshall Plan efforts.   The elder Mohrenschildt came to the USA first.

6.  The younger brother, George, stayed in Europe for awhile, goofing off, getting married and divorced, and so on.  Later he moved to the USA.  His elder brother was doing very well, and was extremely well connected.  George was introduced to wealthy families in the USA, including the Bouvier family -- and he knew Jackie Kennedy when she was a little girl.

7.  US Intelligence would often call upon the Mohrenschildt brothers when they needed translation skills during the Cold War -- especially Russian and German.  (Such work was very part-time, and paid almost nothing.  It was a service that they provided to their new host nation.)

8.  George decided to get into the oil business.   He had no experience, so he quickly got an advanced college degree in oil exploration.  He became a professor of geology at the University of Texas in Dallas.

9.  Although he tried like mad, George could never get rich on his own, like his brother did.  George then married a financially independent Russian Exile former ballet dancer, Jeanne, and they lived off her money when they needed to.

10.  George reportedly used his friendships with US Government Agents to get the initial contacts with the Haitian Government for a lucrative oil exploration deal.  It would have made George De Mohrenschildt finally wealthy -- a lifelong dream.  But Fate would step in with another tragedy for him.

(Source: CD-ROM set on George DeMohrenschildt, (c) 1996 by Bruce Campbell Adamson)

In my humble opinion, Keyvan, the reason for the 1974 DOD inquiry into George DeMohrenschildt was because of the shake-up caused by Jim Gerrison in 1968, and the rising call for a new investigation into the JFK assassination, including the Church Committee and the HSCA (which would convene in 1977).  The US Government wanted to call George DeMohrenschildt as a witness yet again.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

We know so much more about DeM than we used to, and this is an interesting addition, at least to me. So he had a 201 file since 1950, knew Allen Dulles from the mid '50's. What I keep wondering about is the time in Haiti, and the meeting during that period at the Knickerbocker hotel with the CIA agents Dubriny1 and 2. 1 has been identified as Thomas Devine, long standing friend of George Bush, who btw DeM contacted at CIA shortly before he offed himself or was murdered, asking for help. Does anyone believe he was meeting with Dubriny 1 and 2 to get help with a hemp deal in Haiti which is the official story? We know too much about DeM to believe that cover story anymore. I think the best explanation for continuing to cover up the identity of Dubriny 2 is that he is still alive. Any guesses?

That makes sense Paul.

But the new info here is that the Baron had a 201 file going back to 1950.

That is really interesting if you ask me. Thanks Kevyan.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:48 PM, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Hi Keyvan,

What you've posted here is pretty straightforward and I won't assume your ignorance by explaining the (in)significance of literally every letter in the documents.  Because you've expressed an interest in the April 1963 item, I'll limit what I say here to that item in particular.

The Rosetta Stone of understanding CIA written documents is their overly James-Bondish fascination with crytopnyms during this era; which is in turn underwritten by their pedantic use of two-letter digraphs.   The two letter digraph WU I believe you will find refers to many Haitian operations.   The card of April 1963 you link to above was almost certainly generated because of the following contact report I post below my signature.  Note the WU digraph in the card you reference. Bill Simpich is I think working on a comprehensive cryptonym and digraph study which promises to provide great insights; it is my privilege to support his work at the Mary Ferrell Foundation.  

Basically, for your purposes, WU is going to be the prefix signaling Haitian CIA efforts, although I have seen at least one researcher claim that WU can indicate a CIA operative outside of Haiti.  I don't think I've ever seen WU in anywhere but Haitian-related reports, but just to expand the conversation I include Joan Mellen's thoughts on this point (I offer no evaluation of Mellen - this is just to show you another perspective beyond my own).  

George DeMohrenschildt was an espionage target of the CIA, including having his mail read while he lived in Haiti - because, you know, the CIA reads the mail of its own spies, straight after having him shepherd the president's assassin/patsy at CIA request....right....

regards,

Jason

Screen_Shot_2017_11_10_at_9_22_59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_11_10_at_9_29_42_PM.png

and here's a little snippet from Joan Mellen's Book Our Main in Haiti: George de Mohrenschildt and the CIA in the Nightmare Republic.

A free preview is available here:

https://books.google.com/books?id=d_0BBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT58&lpg=PT58&dq=cia+digraph+wu+haiti&source=bl&ots=StRk3VNAmK&sig=zkppzBeEugYZyVTQ--lpCQOpJIo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiA59mc2rXXAhUB5WMKHUvJCnYQ6AEINDAF#v=snippet&q=proprietary relationship&f=false

So, while I very much agree with Mellen's implied point that the digraph is an important concept in understanding CIA-speak of the era; I have not personally verified Mellen's specific claims:

Screen_Shot_2017_11_10_at_9_47_05_PM.png

Edited by Jason Ward

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That makes sense Paul.

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That makes sense Paul.

She yit.  A 201 file on De Morenschild from 1950 on, who kept it?  A Ghost?

https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Secret-Spymaster-James-Angleton/dp/1250080614/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1510379183&sr=1-1&keywords=Ghost+Jefferson+Morley

Glad I pre ordered my copy.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Well, that is sure as heck one possibility Ron.

I don't think Dulles was formally in the CIA at that time.  Which does no mean that much since they were already the best of friends.

34 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Well, that is sure as heck one possibility Ron.

I don't think Dulles was formally in the CIA at that time.  Which does no mean that much since they were already the best of friends.

So if I'm a pessimistic conspiracist Angleton or his predecessor might have had a file in De Morenschildt since 1950, and he might have discussed it with Dulles as head of the CIA in the 50's.  Then he had one from at least 1959 on, on Oswald.

Some have thought maybe Dallas CIA top dog xxx sent De Morenschild  to babysit Oswald for years.