The Education Forum

HL Arledge

H.L Arledge

I am a 30+ year veteran journalist. In addition to my years in newspaper and radio news reporting, I am also a software developer, photographer, and team-building project consultant currently working for the State of Louisiana. I am also a historian specializing in Louisiana history and a long-time assassination researcher. I have personally interviewed key figures related to the assassinations of Louisiana Senator Huey P. Long, as well as that of President John F. Kennedy.

4 hours ago, H.L Arledge said:

I am a 30+ year veteran journalist. In addition to my years in newspaper and radio news reporting, I am also a software developer, photographer, and team-building project consultant currently working for the State of Louisiana. I am also a historian specializing in Louisiana history and a long-time assassination researcher. I have personally interviewed key figures related to the assassinations of Louisiana Senator Huey P. Long, as well as that of President John F. Kennedy.

Dear Mr. Arledge,

Inside the halls of the Great State of Louisiana, you are in a unique position to access the State Archives, including records on Guy Banister and his alleged relationship with Ex-General Walker, who was a regular speaker for the Louisiana Citizens Councils from 1962-1965.

General Walker was in Louisiana when he established contact with a newspaper in Germany only 18 hours after the JFK Assassination, and connected his name with the name of Lee Harvey Oswald.   (We have German BND records establishing this at the Mary Ferrell web site).

Louisiana was a second home for General Walker -- and the first home of Guy Banister.   Jim Garrison paid special attention to Guy Banister, and knew him personally.  Yet Banister was a Radical Segregationist.

In any case, I hope you can find tape recordings or TV film footage on General Walker.  The Louisiana State Archives has unique holdings on Walker, I understand (Caufield, 2015).

Beset wishes,
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

I now suspect you of wiretapping my home. I've spoke often of Walker these last few weeks and recently spent a day in the state archives reviewing microfilm of a Shreveport newspaper heavily controlled by Walker. I hadn't considered tape and film in regards to Walker, but your hint at "unique holdings" has piqued my interest. Thanks for the inspiration! 

Regards,
HL