The Education Forum

New document releases 2017 and beyond

David Butler

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1967, 3 pages.

An informant gives a summary of Soviet reaction and attitude towards the JFKA.

Soviet assessment of JFK.

Soviet determination of who arranged the assassination.

Soviet attitude and assessment of LHO and Marina.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/179-20001-10247.pdf

Edited by Michael Clark

9 pages. Various minutes of meeting, special group.

I will hopefully get back to this and edit in some notes of interest.

@Paul Brancato , note second page. Assassination devices being prepared and offered to AMLASH (Cuebela) in late 63. I believe I can show you, Paul, with some digging, that AMLASH was in Madrid at this time, and these arrangements would have been made through Frankfurt. I also think that I can show that Phillips was working in Madrid and Europe, outside of his WH (Western Hemisphere)  area of responsibility. He did this because so many of his principals for action in the WH were in Madrid.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/157-10008-10238.pdf

WUBRINY/1 mentioned on another thread - From the April 2018 release

DeMohrenshildt info - “Charles is receiving considerable support and in subject’s opinion would make an excellent President of Haiti as soon as Duvalier can be gotten out”

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10166-10143.pdf

2 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

9 pages. Various minutes of meeting, special group.

I will hopefully get back to this and edit in some notes of interest.

@Paul Brancato , note second page. Assassination devices being prepared and offered to AMLASH (Cuebela) in late 63. I believe I can show you, Paul, with some digging, that AMLASH was in Madrid at this time, and these arrangements would have been made through Frankfurt. I also think that I can show that Phillips was working in Madrid and Europe, outside of his WH (Western Hemisphere)  area of responsibility. He did this because so many of his principals for action in the WH were in Madrid.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/157-10008-10238.pdf

I’d love to see that Michael,especially references to Madrid.

“AMLASH/1 was met in Paris for last time on 22 Nov 63 before his planned departure (to Cuba) on 28 Nov 63 from Prague.”

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10247-10086.pdf

AMTRUNK/10

3-15

AMSTRUT/3 (?)

AMICE

DEGRIP

CASAILOR (not in MFF)

AMQUAR/1  (not in MFF)

MHAPRON

Of interest is if AMLASH had been given these kinds of assurances prior to 11-22-63. 

Edited by Michael Clark

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32357061.pdf

September 7, 1963

Puerto Alegre, Brazil

QUFLAGS  Not In MFF

AMWHIP

AMLASH

AMWHIP

MHAPRON

AMWHIP arrived 5 September delayed by weather. Contacted and held first meeting with AMLASH same evening to arrange schedule for future meets.. This meet short as Jose Revellon Alonso expecting two for dinner. On 5 September AMLASH reported Revellon planning go São Paulo six September thus permitting more time for meets. On five September AMWHIP reported Revellon decided not to go due Cuban athlete's defection 4 September and fear more defections. This increases contact problems, Revellon now talking as if not interested returning via Prague as originally planned which may cancel AMLASH trip to France unless he feels it secure go alone.  As of now AMLASH plans return to Cuba Via Europe.

AMLASH completed nine months training course with rebel army at end of which Fidel invited AMLASH to spend his vacation at beach house next to his. When Raul Castro gave AMLASH his military assignment as info officer for Cahaquay province AMLASH refused except and stated he rather go back to work in a hospital. AMLASH Left on present trip with matter or unresolved but feels this has not endangered his position with regime.

AMLASH  reports GOC security and control greatly increased past year. Repressive measures so strong that all individuals opposed to government afraid to do anything. Emma is still feels there only two ways accomplish change either inside job or invasion. He realistic enough realize latter out of question. According AMWHIP, AMLASH Still waiting for US reveal plan of action. Disappointed with what demonstrated last year France as too cumbersome for his use. States he received only one letter (presumably first one which QUFLAGS mailed internally)  and claims he sent second letter sending address. When received our letter, he realized his second letter not received. This caused some concern. In sounding out minister of communications (who neighbor and friend) AMLASH could only determine that many letters were checked and stopped because GOC aware that mails used much to get info out of Cuba.he also felt there was nothing important to report during year (such as his having been told personally by Fidel of his planned a trip to Soviet union 15 days before ladder left).

AMLASH  cocky totally spoiled brat who will always be control problem but feel his feelings against regime sincere and he basically honest. If commo is to be regularly maintained it obvious a second person necessary this capacity. Convinced AMLASH not type who will take time or have patience prepare or receive constant stream SW messages, let alone OWVL. AMLASH Also need strong confident inside who will push him and serve as chaplain. Plan discuss Marcelo ARTIME as possible choice fill this role. According AMWHIP Atime trusted by AMLASH. Artime boyhood friend of AMWHIP (see Falucci contact reports on AMWHIP leads).

IfM last travels your recommend we prepared to train him AS/48 and more sophisticated SAB techniques. If he does not go Europe will instruct him SW and OWVL here.