The Education Forum

Jack Ruby told FBI informant to "watch the fireworks" day JFK died: Documents

Micah Mileto

Micah, this testimony by this informant, told many years after the JFK event, is part of a lot of conflicting testimony regards Jack Ruby's whereabouts, actions and words on 11,22,1963

In the You Tube video interview of Dallas Morning News writer Jerry Coley titled " Blood Found In Dealey Plaza" Coley gives us his timeline for when he first saw Jack Ruby, who had come to the Dallas Morning News offices to place his ad for his Carousel strip joint that Friday morning starting at 9:00 am.

Coley says he eventually saw Jack Ruby at the Dallas Morning News again at 11:am, and after viewing the JFK motorcade and running around after the shooting, Coley returned to his offices and said Jack Ruby was there also. This would have been after 12:30 pm. He says Ruby was on the phone.  You can hear Coley's entire Ruby sighting time line in the You Tube interview starting at the 21:40 minute mark and running through to the 24:00 minute mark.

It is clear however that there were large time gaps when Coley didn't see Ruby during the entire morning due to Coley running around and outside with others.  Coley does mention that when he heard how much Ruby was reported to have loved JFK and Jackie Kennedy he wondered why Ruby couldn't walk the two or three blocks necessary to see his beloved president and his beautiful wife in the flesh, like apparently everyone else in the Dallas Morning News offices.

Coley also indicated that his memory of Jack Ruby coming into their offices was usually not for the long time frame he stayed that day.

Jack Ruby's Warren Commission testimony conflicts with Jerry Coley's interview statement regards when Ruby actually arrived at the Dallas Morning news the morning of 11,22,1963.

Ruby stated that he arrived at the Dallas Morning News at 10:30 am. Not 9:00am as Coley stated.

I have copied Ruby's WC testimony to show this conflicting testimony. It's at the bottom of this page.

Jack Ruby claimed in his Warren Commission testimony that he didn't go outside to see JFK and Jackie and the motorcade which came by so closely because he was uncomfortable in large crowds.

Odd.  Ruby's club was often crowded. He went to other large crowd events such as fairs and roller skating and swimming venues. He went to Havana which at the time was a crowded busy city. And Ruby didn't seem too shook up to leave the Western Union office Sunday Morning ( 11,24.1963) after seeing a large crowd down by the Dallas Police station that according to Ruby "aroused my curiosity" which made him go down there.  ?

Coley saw Jack Ruby on the phone after JFK was shot but then doesn't see him after. Obviously everyone was running to and fro. Ruby says he left to go to his club after leaving the Dallas Morning News. Much conflicting testimony here also as to when Ruby actually arrived at his club after leaving the Dallas Morning News.

Respected journalist Seth Kantor testified to the Warren Commission that he actually bumped into Jack Ruby at Parkland hospital after arriving there himself after JFK was taken there. Kantor ( who personally knew Jack Ruby) said he even "talked to Ruby" at Parkland hospital at this time. The Warren Commission decided to ignore Kantor's testimony of his Ruby meet up at Parkland in the early afternoon of 11,22,1963 and dismissed it as a case of mistaken identity.

Julia Ann Mercer claimed she saw a man who looked like Jack Ruby at the wheel of a stalled truck just past the railroad overpass on Elm street in Dealey Plaza at the end of the grassy knoll.  She stated in an affidavit that this was around 11: am the morning of 11,22,1963.

Mercer's account is another claim of Jack Ruby being in Dealey Plaza the morning of 11,22,1963 but her time line conflicts somewhat with Jerry Coley's statements regards seeing Ruby at his offices at about that time.

I state all these testimonies and statements by key players ( who knew Jack Ruby on sight ) who were all in or near Dealey Plaza the morning and noon of 11,22,1963 as well as Parkland Hospital later and Ruby himself regards Ruby's whereabouts downtown near Dealey Plaza all that morning until right after 12:30 PM, to highlight how conflicting this all was.

This conflict of statements could all be based on mistaken time lines but also just as logically indicate a lot of lying.

The source you cite in your original post is just another example of these confusing recollections regards Jack Ruby's presence on 11,22,1963 and in your case, a claimed outrageous ominous statement attributed to Jack Ruby.

The following is some Warren Commission testimony by Jack Ruby, explaining where he was on 11,22,1963 from early morning to 12:30 PM. :

I picked up the brochure that Friday morning, and I also had business at the News Building on Friday because that is the start of the weekend, which is very lucrative, the weekend.
I have ways of making my ads of where they have a way of selling the product I am producing or putting on on the show.
So I went down there Friday morning to Tony Zoppi's office, and they said he went to New Orleans for a couple of days.
I picked up the brochure. I believe I got downtown there at 10:30 or 11 o'clock that morning. And I took the brochure and then went into the main room where we compose our ads. That is the sales room where we placed our ads. And I remained there for a while. I started to write the copy of my ad. Now I go back to the same fellow that wanted me to come over to the club when we were having our dinner on Mockingbird at the Egyptian Lounge.
I came to the desk and I wanted to apologize and explain why I didn't accept his invitation last night. I wanted to explain, and that took about 20 or 25 minutes. All this is pertaining to everything prior to the terrible tragedy that happened.
I started to explain to him why I didn't want to go there, because this fellow mentioned--Tony, I think---I can't think of his last name of me having his band so many years, and I felt at the moment I didn't want to go over to the club because I didn't care to meet this fellow.
And he started to apologize, "Jack, I am sorry, I did work for the fellow and we have been advertising him for that club, and I am putting out a night club book."
I remained with him for 20 or 25 minutes talking there. I don't know whether my ad was completed or not. It was an ad on the Vegas and the Carousel.
My ads were completed, I believe, and after finishing my conversation with him, he left.
Suddenly the man that completes my ads for me, that helps me with it on occasion--but I usually make it up myself--but the person that takes the money for the ads--this is the reason it is so hard for me to meet a deadline when I get downtown to the News Building. And as a rule, I have to pay cash for my ads.
When you are in debt, it is necessary, and they will not put it in unless you pay cash.
And consequently, the weekend, I had been to town on that particular day. All this adds up later on, as I will state why I didn't go to the parade.
In the first place, I don't want to go where there is big crowds. I can't explain it to you. If I was interested, I would have seen it on television, our beloved President and all the parade that transpired.
But all that adds up why it is important for me to be in the News Building.

Edited by Joe Bauer

22 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Micah, this testimony by this informant, told many years after the JFK event, is part of a lot of conflicting testimony regards Jack Ruby's whereabouts, actions and words on 11,22,1963

In the You Tube video interview of Dallas Morning News writer Jerry Coley titled " Blood Found In Dealey Plaza" Coley gives us his timeline for when he first saw Jack Ruby,

22 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

The following is some Warren Commission testimony by Jack Ruby, explaining where he was on 11,22,1963 from early morning to 12:30 PM. :

I picked up the brochure that Friday morning, and I .....

our beloved President and all the parade that transpired.
But all that adds up why it is important for me to be in the News Building.

I keep posting this. I wish I did not have to, it needs to be transcribed. I would just copy the relevant text if I could.

Edited by Michael Clark

"Why it is important for me to be in the News building."

Yes, this is one of the most relevant statements Ruby made to the WC.

Why does Ruby feel his presence in the Dallas Morning News building that morning, right up to, through and right after JFK's motorcade passes through town...is important at all?

Sounds as if Ruby definitely "planned" his personal location that morning until 12:30 pm with forethought. He kept hanging there, way longer than he ever did. No reasonable explanation for this.

His ad placement meeting and conversation with another person took maybe ...what... an hour to 1/1/2 hours at most?

Just can never accept that Ruby would choose to hole up in a busy business building the entire time of his beloved JFK and Jackie's unprecedented and highly publicized motorcade event right through his downtown ... just because he didn't like crowds!?  Hogwash.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Michael Clark said:

I keep posting this. I wish I did not have to, it needs to be transcribed. I would just copy the relevant text if I could.

Thanks Michael.

James Darnell footage.

Pool of blood, lower left side on the walkway?

The two men are quite interested in this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OKM7FkGaVpCByfTptjBIqCgGCZBzTPdG/view?usp=sharing

10 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Thanks Michael.

James Darnell footage.

Pool of blood, lower left side on the walkway?

The two men are quite interested in this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OKM7FkGaVpCByfTptjBIqCgGCZBzTPdG/view?usp=sharing

Thank you Chris, in the notes of the video I posted a link to a frame from the sequence that you shared is posted.

Cheers,

Michael

This has been known to researchers for decades (and published in books about the assassination). 

It's funny how the mainstream meadia picks up on stories like this that have been out there for a long time. Imagine what kind of stories there could be if the MSM were actually fair and paying attention.

Edited by Brian Schmidt

It would be like me on Coast to Coast last night.

And the revolution would begin.

2 hours ago, Brian Schmidt said:

This has been known to researchers for decades (and published in books about the assassination). 

Indeed it has.  Here’s a version of the doc with a NARA file date in Sept. 1995.

fireworks.jpg

This is yet another largely ignored doc suggestion Jack Ruby had a far deeper role in the assassination than we previously believed.  For example, a direct line of command from CIA’s David Atlee Phillips to Ruby the night of 11/22/63 can be seen using Gordon McLendon as the cutout. 

KLIF radio founder Gordon McLendon was a former Naval Intelligence officer who was a close friend and confidant of CIA officer David Atlee Phillips.

Jack Ruby called McLendon’s unlisted phone number the day of the assassination. Ruby was overheard that very afternoon saying he could be reached at KLIF, and he continued writing letters to McLendon even from prison.

In 1975 McLendon and David Atlee Phillips formed the Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO). The two men had known one another since childhood. And it was Phillips who was spotted by Antonio Veciana talking to LEE Oswald at the Southland building in Dallas in the summer of 1963.

And so we are starring at a direct chain of command from CIA’s David Atlee Phillips to former intel officer Gordon McLendon to McLendon’s close friend Jack Ruby.

Jim Di, you got a lot out in what is actually a short period of interview time due to all the commercial and news breaks. Several million listening audience numbers.

Wonder if Phil Shenon and Gerald Posner were listening in?