The Education Forum

The very moment the world was change forever!

Mr. Caddy, this is the clearest shot I've ever seen of one of the most important seconds in History.  I wish I could see it larger.  Clicking on it doesn't do that.

Jackie Looking left, distracted?  It's a hard left, looking to her left rear.  She seems focused on something, an intentional distraction?  I know, CT.

Connally looks alerted, heard a shot?   No pain seen  in the face yet,  just before he is hit.  Wife Nellie looks alerted too, perked up a bit.

The shoulders of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy's coat seem raised like he might be lifting his arms.

The Zapruder film shows his elbows raising, hands going to his throat from the front side.  This is the split second as he is hit in the throat then instantly in the back after the shot (picture).  

I Pray that some of JFK's hope is left for my grandchildren, that everything wasn't lost that horrible day.  

Could we get more info on this picture?  Who took it, how did you get it, who did the digitizing and cleaning of the image, is it cropped, etc.

Thanks, very interesting.

Are there more coming?

Edited by Cory Santos

Cory, et al.....

The picture in question was taken by bystander Robert Croft. It equates to approximately Zapruder frame #161. I've got a full-sized version of the photo on my Kennedy Gallery website, here....

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2012/06/kennedy-gallery-035.html

Edited by David Von Pein

Here's a direct link to the largest version I have of the Croft photo (click it again after the picture loads)....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6kYzhJGqq2M/RyxiSHwgMZI/AAAAAAAAAD0/w3b1lrO3KIE/s1600/15c.%2BCroft%2BPhoto%2BShowing%2BJFK's%2BCar%2BOn%2BElm%2BStreet.jpg

The-Kennedy-Gallery-Logo-2.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

Neither JFK or Connally are hit yet.

I assume Jackie and Connally are reacting to the first missed shot?

Both seem to be distracted from their crowd waving and smiling demeanor and interest.

JFK's coat is clearly pulled/bunched up behind his neck.

I also wondered the speed of the limo when this picture was taken. Hard to tell. But didn't the limo slow down noticeably during it's 90% turns onto Houston and again onto Elm?

Wish it was possible to get a close and clear enough visual on the upper inside front windshield frame of the limo to see if that quarter size bullet hole looking indentation was there or not there at that time.

One thing we can all be sure of regarding the over-all contemplation of the guilty parties in the assassination is that John Connally certainly didn't have foreknowledge of it.  He would never had allowed his wife and himself to ride in JFK's limo that day if he had.

If LBJ did have foreknowledge, then he also knew John Connally and his wife Nellie could be wounded or even killed in the attack.  Now THERE'S a sinister thought.  Could LBJ be that ruthless?

2 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

If LBJ did have foreknowledge, then he also knew John Connally and his wife Nellie could be wounded or even killed in the attack.  Now THERE'S a sinister thought.  Could LBJ be that ruthless?

Joe,

Before the parade, Kennedy and Johnson had a big argument about who was going to ride in the limo with the President.  Johnson wanted liberal Senator Ralph Yarborough and JFK wanted Governor Connally.  Apparently their argument was so loud that it could be overheard in the next room.  And as they say, the rest is history. 

What I find interesting in the Croft photo, besides the decent resolution, is that most of the JFK well-wishers on the sidewalk are African American....and what does that say about JFK and the Civil Rights Movement at the time??  

10 minutes ago, Dan Doyle said:

Joe,

Before the parade, Kennedy and Johnson had a big argument about who was going to ride in the limo with the President.  Johnson wanted liberal Senator Ralph Yarborough and JFK wanted Governor Connally.  Apparently their argument was so loud that it could be overheard in the next room.  And as they say, the rest is history. 

What I find interesting in the Croft photo, besides the decent resolution, is that most of the JFK well-wishers on the sidewalk are African American....and what does that say about JFK and the Civil Rights Movement at the time??  

Maybe LBJ did try to get his protege and his wife out of JFK'S car ahead of time.

But if LBJ knew what was about to happen to the presidential limo ( with Connally and his wife inside ) in Dealey Plaza, He must have been having nervous stomach churning sweats in the minutes and seconds leading up to the attack.

Are there any accounts of LBJ and Lady Bird asking about Connally or maybe even consoling his wife Nellie while they were at the Parkland hospital? How about while LBJ and his wife were on the plane at any time? LBJ was reportedly quite close to Connally.

The African Americans shown in the Dallas motorcade films and photos seemed excidedly happy to see JFK and Jackie. Hardly an unsmiling face and no hard frowns such as some others in the crowd exhibited.

That often shown Joseph Milteer look-alike photo shows a man with a facial expression of deep hate while he is looking at JFK.

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I also wondered the speed of the limo when this picture was taken. Hard to tell. But didn't the limo slow down noticeably during it's 90% turns onto Houston and again onto Elm?

WC CE884 - Frame 161= 2.24mph

38627909796_1321822774_b.jpg

DVP thanks for the high res photo link.

Doug Caddy thanks for posting. I agree 100% with you  about  this being a world changing event. I actually said the exact same thing to  my kids recently (ages 27 and 23).

Crickets chirped...

Also no shots were fired yet IMO. Don't  forget the oak tree blocking  the  view. The planners knew this and  would  not have  ruined the charade.

First shot fired immediately  after he reappears  from sign. Six seconds to do the job. That's  all.

So I looked at the website, great info, but, and take this as a difference of opinion, I disagree with some of the statements under the captions.

But, nevertheless, I appreciate seeing this photo enhanced.  I do not believe I have ever seen it previously. 

Cheers.

21 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Could LBJ be that ruthless?

no offense, but are you serious...?

3 hours ago, Glenn Nall said:

no offense, but are you serious...?

Paraphrase:  "Just get me elected and I'll give you your damned war".

USS Liberty, "I don't give a damn if the ship sinks".