The Education Forum

Death of Robert Oswald (LHO's brother)

Friday, 12/1/2017 - 5:p.m. PST

Late yesterday afternoon, I read the news that Robert Oswald—Lee Oswald’s older brother—had died.  And I wrote something that I sent to the entire Paul Hoch group (of about 50 JFK researchers, many of them lone nutters, plus a sprinkling of reporters).

Below is a copy of that email.

DSL

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Death of Robert Oswald

Date: December 1, 2017 at 4:12:17 PM PST

Friday, 12/1/2017 - 3:35 p.m. PST

Some thirty years ago, veteran JFK researcher Wallace Milam, after watching a video clip of Robert Oswald, said to me,”You don’t want a brother like Robert Oswald.”  

Wallace was not just an expert in the area of the medical evidence; he was an expert in all manner of details dealing with this case.

What he said about Robert Oswald was succinct, and to the point; and I couldn’t agree more.

In Final Charade,  I will set forth the facts—as I know them (and partly based on conversations I had with Robert Oswald, plus correspondence with the man) on the subject of his brother’s guilt.

Lee Oswald was a highly intelligent (and linguistically gifted) individual, an idealist with a serious interest in world affairs, and with a serious interest in sociology, an auto-didact who, by the summer of 1963, was reading at the rate of approximately 150 books a year.

Lee Oswald was light years more advanced  (i.e., more “evolved”, psychologically) than his older brother, and the roots of the envy (and hatred?) that resulted come right out of the Story of Joseph that can found in Genesis.  ( "When his brothers saw that their father loved him more than any of them, they hated him and could not speak a kind word to him.  Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more.”)

Robert Oswald was terribly envious of Lee and in fact had a crush on his wife.  As Marina told me back in the early 1980s (and quoting what he told her)," I fell in love with you the first time I saw you.”  Marina did not feel the same way about him—at all—and the result was that he cruelly cut off his relationship not only with Marina, but with her two daughters, as well.    Unlike Robert Kennedy, who took seriously his responsibility to his fallen brother’s children, neither of Oswald’s daughters had an “Uncle Robert.”  He just wasn’t there.

Robert Oswald had serious exculpatory information that he could have shared with the authorities about Lee, but he chose not to do so.

He cynically went along with the official story that Lee was Kennedy’s assassin, when he knew better, and so we are treated, on annual assassination anniversaries, to film footage of Robert, re-broadcast from the 1993 FRONTLINE  documentary stating, in effect, that  he is “oh so sorry, but. . “ he has reluctantly concluded that Lee was a murderer. And telling the rest of the country (and the world) that they should just grow up and “get over it."

All of that is nonsense.

Robert knew better, and in Final Charade, i will provide details.

So. . . : 

RIP Robert Oswald.

You could have told the truth about your brother, Lee Oswald, the truth as you knew it, even if you didn’t know all of it.

Instead, you took the easy way out; and went along with the big lie.

You became an enabler of falsified history.

And that will be your true legacy.  

DSL

12/1/07

South Orange County, California

ADDENDUM - 12/4/2017 - 12:40 a.m. PST

As far as I can see, and somewhat to my surprise Robert Oswald's death was completely ignored by the New York Times.  The editors there apparently decided that his passing was not newsworthy enough to merit an obituary.

Edited by David Lifton