The Education Forum

Lee Harvey Oswald and the Linguistic Problem

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:21 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Sandy,

I don't want to derail the topic of this thread, but I have been struck by how the Cyrillic languages resemble each other and how the Romance languages resemble each other.

I wonder when they split and why.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

The following is my opinion.

They split because of religious-politics.  Holy Rome tried to take over Constantinople forever, but the Byzantine Empire wouldn't have it.   So the Church split between Rome and Greece (Greek Orthodox, sometimes Russian Orthodox, sometimes Orthodox Church) around 1050 AD, and their governments and cultures went sharply separate ways.  Greece kept her alphabet, and Russia developed a Greek-style alphabet.

The second great schism came when Martin Luther broke off from Rome with his Protest (Protestant Church) in German around 1500 AD, which spread to England, France and eventually the USA.

This is related to the JFK Assassination because JFK was the first (and only) Catholic US President.   Also, Dallas was fiercely WASP (Protestant).  So JFK received less respect traveling through Dallas than an ordinary US President would have received, because of the old, Southern Protestant bias against Catholics.

It was another cultural split.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo