The Education Forum

New Article by John Armstrong

Which Oswald do you think Norman Mailer wrote about in his book "Oswald's Tale?"

Also, same thing regards Don Dellilo's "Libra?"

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:
21 hours ago, Mark Lawson said:

In any case, Armstrong has conducted quite a number of primary interviews, and scoured various real property, school and similar records, and the glaring discrepancies he cites have to be explained somehow.

All of the discrepancies have a reasonable alternate explanation.

Horse pucky. Greg Parker has come up with a number of convoluted and bizarre explanations for the discrepancies I've cited (the ones I studied, plus one I discovered myself). Granted, he did give possible explanations for some of the discrepancies in one of those situations. But even then he could explain one remaining discrepancy.*

*For those curious about the situation I'm talking about, it's when HARVEY left Japan and went to Taiwan while LEE remained in Japan.

The records show that Oswald was being treated for venereal disease in Japan while at the same time he was traveling to and working in Taiwan. The unit diary indicates that Oswald departed Japan on Sept. 14, yet he was treated for VD in Japan two days later (Sept. 16) when he was supposed to be in Taiwan.  Greg pointed out that there was a typhoon that delayed the trip by those two days. (But then why wasn't the diary updated with the new date of departure? I let that slide when Greg was making his argument.)  I checked carefully and found that the timing of the typhoon indeed could have caused a delay in the departure. But with that delay, the ship must have traveled far above normal speed in order to arrive in Taiwan when it was reported to have arrived. I checked and found that it was theoretically possible for the ship to accomplish that, even though it had to travel against the current. For this to work, the ship had to travel at its top speed the whole distance... something a ship would not normally do. But there was an emergency in Taiwan, and so it's conceivable that that is what happened. Greg said that Oswald received medical treatment for VD, including a culture, while on the ship. I couldn't locate the ship's yearbook for the year and crew when Oswald was aboard. But I did find one for a later year (a few years after Oswald was aboard) and found that there was a doctor onboard. And that an emergency appendectomy had been performed on the ship. So certainly a culture for Oswald could have been performed onboard.

So yes, the things that Grep hypothesized could conceivably have happened. Where his hypothesis falls apart is the stamp used to indicate where each medical procedure was performed. They were all performed in Japan... none of them aboard the ship and none in Taiwan. The ship had its own medical team (as per the yearbook) and so it would have had its own stamp.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Since this discussion thread is entitled "New Article by John Armstrong," with present consideration being given generally to the methods and reliability of Armstrong's research, would it be appropriate to also discuss here what Armstrong reports regarding Jack Ruby?  If so, I will post accordingly.

If not, can someone please recommend an already-active Education Forum JFK message thread that would be more appropriate to this subject - particularly regarding Ruby's alleged connections with organized crime?  Thanks, ML

2 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

The funny thing is Robert (or the fake Marguerite) wasn't very well versed on the plot it seems, even though Armstrong believes he was in on it. This is one of the biggest points against the H&L theory-the conspirators didn't know what they were doing and kept goofing up even though the CIA would have presumably trained them so geniuses like Armstrong could not discover their handiwork years later.

You really should try to understand the book you work so hard to debunk.  I thought
you had read it! From the excerpt I alreay posted, "But if Lee Oswald and his mother
had remained in Fort Worth in the fall of 1952, Lee would have transferred to nearby 
Monnig Junior High, not Stripling," let's go on with page 96 from H&L to see how John
answered your objections more than 15 year ago.

On August 21, 1948, prior to the beginning of school, Marguerite sold her house
and drove with Lee in her 1948 Dodge to New York City. Two months later Robert
Oswald visited his mother and brother in New York, shortly after Lee entered the 7th
grade.34 Robert again visited Lee and Marguerite in New York in the summer of 1953,
when Lee was between the 7th and 8th grades at PS #44.35 Robert's visits to New York
make it nearly impossible to believe that he could have assumed his younger brother
attended Stripling in the 7th grade.

After Robert was discharged from the Marines, in July 1955, he briefly resided
with Lee and Marguerite at their apartment on Exchange Place in New Orleans. Lee had
recently graduated from the 9th grade at Beauregard Junior High and, according to
Robert, was working for an export firm. If anyone knew where Lee Harvey Oswald at­
tended all of his junior high school years, it was Robert Oswald. So why would Robert tell
reporters in 1959 and 1962, and tell the Warren Commission in 1964, that his "brother" had
attended Stripling? Because Robert was telling the Commission about his limited knowledge of
Harvey Oswald's background. [H&L, p.96]

1 hour ago, Mark Lawson said:

Since this discussion thread is entitled "New Article by John Armstrong," with present consideration being given generally to the methods and reliability of Armstrong's research, would it be appropriate to also discuss here what Armstrong reports regarding Jack Ruby?  If so, I will post accordingly.

If not, can someone please recommend an already-active Education Forum JFK message thread that would be more appropriate to this subject - particularly regarding Ruby's alleged connections with organized crime?  Thanks, ML

Mark,

More interesting, I think, are Ruby's ties to the CIA.  The fact that he ran guns to Cuba could hardly have gone unnoticed by the CIA, and yet, unlike other runners, Ruby was never prosecuted.  Even more intriguing are his potential ties to David Atlee Phillips via their mutual friend, KLIF's Gordon McLendon.  Please see this post ("Who Ordered Oswald's Death?"):

6 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

You really should try to understand the book you work so hard to debunk.  I thought
you had read it! From the excerpt I alreay posted, "But if Lee Oswald and his mother
had remained in Fort Worth in the fall of 1952, Lee would have transferred to nearby 
Monnig Junior High, not Stripling," let's go on with page 96 from H&L to see how John
answered your objections more than 15 year ago.

On August 21, 1948, prior to the beginning of school, Marguerite sold her house
and drove with Lee in her 1948 Dodge to New York City. Two months later Robert
Oswald visited his mother and brother in New York, shortly after Lee entered the 7th
grade.34 Robert again visited Lee and Marguerite in New York in the summer of 1953,
when Lee was between the 7th and 8th grades at PS #44.35 Robert's visits to New York
make it nearly impossible to believe that he could have assumed his younger brother
attended Stripling in the 7th grade.

After Robert was discharged from the Marines, in July 1955, he briefly resided
with Lee and Marguerite at their apartment on Exchange Place in New Orleans. Lee had
recently graduated from the 9th grade at Beauregard Junior High and, according to
Robert, was working for an export firm. If anyone knew where Lee Harvey Oswald at­
tended all of his junior high school years, it was Robert Oswald. So why would Robert tell
reporters in 1959 and 1962, and tell the Warren Commission in 1964, that his "brother" had
attended Stripling? Because Robert was telling the Commission about his limited knowledge of
Harvey Oswald's background. [H&L, p.96]

You make a good point, Jim.

What I don't understand is this... how is it that Lee attended 7th grade beginning in 1948, but apparently waited four years and began 8th grade in 1953? That according to what your quote above from the book? At least that's the way I read it.

Sandy,

Oops!  That first line of the paragraph above should have read, “On August 21, 1952, prior to the beginning of school, Marguerite sold her house and drove with Lee in her 1948 Dodge to New York City.”  John was obviously thinking of the 1948 Dodge when he typed what should have been the year 1952.  Thanks for catching the typo.  All these details are confusing enough!

Jim

I have a friend who has read H&L and would like to contact and talk with John Armstrong when he visits Hawaii.  Is there an address or contact that you would be willing to share

Thanks

Gene

14 hours ago, Gene Kelly said:

Jim

I have a friend who has read H&L and would like to contact and talk with John Armstrong when he visits Hawaii.  Is there an address or contact that you would be willing to share

Thanks

Gene

If Gene's friend does visit with John Armstrong, Armstrong will most certainly put him under his magical spell and have him lying about seeing Oswald somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. And yet one more bogus witness will be added to the already lengthy list of H&L witnesses.

<end sarcasm... just in case that wasn't obvious to some>

• 1 month later...

There are a few posts that discuss Oswald's schools, so I just drop this article from the Palm Beach Post of May 1st 1999, thanks to Malcolm Blunt, in here.

doc09710.jpg

On 12/3/2017 at 8:13 AM, Jim Hargrove said:

That’s a good point, Michael.  There is quite a bit of information in John’s book about Morales, but not in this new article. I’ll try to remember to ask him about that, though I suspect he’ll say that Morales was primarily a tool of Phillips and therefore more of a mechanic than a plotter.  Thanks for the kind words about the new essay.

If anyone is a planner between Morales and Phillips, I would absolutely bet the farm on Morales (and, not to mention, Harvey), who were definitely higher in position and knowledge as far as planning assassinations and coordinated attacks, than Phillips ever was. This is documented fact.