The Education Forum

David Lifton spots a piece of scalp in the Moorman photo.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Ray, for reading my posts and your comment.

Here is a mold of the head wound prepared by Tom Wilson. According to Don Phillips's book "A deeper, darker truth", Tom worked on this 3D representation of Kennedy's head wound, that he was able to see in Mary Moorman picture, for three months. Tom allegedly scanned the picture in a similar way as a CT or an MR would scan the brain. I would love to know what parameters of lighting and recording was Tom changing, obviously in some systematic manner.

The top panel shows the head wound (Tom's mold) whereby the missing space represents the lost tissue. This is a view posterior transversal view (as if you would have your eyes about behind the back of President's head and would look toward the wound. The right is on the right. The bottom panel is a 3D representation of the same wound (obtained from the same copy of Mary Moorman's picture) reconstructed from my experiments. 

Both reconstructions have a lot of common. There are two tunnels possibly due to two bullets or two fragments of one bullet, however, there is only so much detail one can extract from this image and it is also possible that one bullet caused one big wound with this geometry. The right tunnel is taller than the left tunnel but the left tunnel appears to be broader than the right tunnel. Both tunnels expand towards the rear. The two tunnels are separated by tissues which create a wall and that wall is orientated in about 15-20 degree angle toward the right.

If the two holes and the tunnels would be due to to particles (bullets or bullet fragments), the right particle would likely continue straight backward and the left particle would go leftward toward the two motorcycle officers riding at the left fender of President's limo.

mm_tunnels.jpg 

Edited by Andrej Stancak

It looks like we're learning that the Moorman photo was taken a split second before a bullet had exited through the right rear portion of JFK's skull, spraying material onto the driver's side tail light and onto officer Hargis.  At the time the bullet exited from Kennedy's head, he must have been turned toward the Knoll, since fluid dynamics tells us that fluids fly in a straight line, and the source of the shot that caused the blowout at the back of JFK's head and sprayed material onto the driver's side tail light & officer Hargis must have been to his front and right, while his head was turned about 30 to 45 degrees toward the right.  The Moorman photo shows JFK's head turned toward the left, so another force must have rapidly turned it toward the knoll after the first shot struck. Is this what happened?  It does connect all of the dots (fluid dynamics, photography, etc) and gives a plausible sequence of very rapid head movement events -- all of which have been removed from the Zfilm between 313 and the movement of the President "back and to the left."

Edited by Steven Kossor
Correction of sequence of shots.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:37 PM, Andrej Stancak said:

Both reconstructions have a lot of common. There are two tunnels possibly due to two bullets or two fragments of one bullet, however, there is only so much detail one can extract from this image and it is also possible that one bullet caused one big wound with this geometry. The right tunnel is taller than the left tunnel but the left tunnel appears to be broader than the right tunnel. Both tunnels expand towards the rear. The two tunnels are separated by tissues which create a wall and that wall is orientated in about 15-20 degree angle toward the right.

If the two holes and the tunnels would be due to to particles (bullets or bullet fragments), the right particle would likely continue straight backward and the left particle would go leftward toward the two motorcycle officers riding at the left fender of President's limo.

Tom was close at 4ft farther down Elm.

Documentation proves out to 4.5ft

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T_L-ofjszZmZnMK9raiElwQfYA9YjZqx/view?usp=sharing

10 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Tom was close at 4ft farther down Elm.

Documentation proves out to 4.5ft

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T_L-ofjszZmZnMK9raiElwQfYA9YjZqx/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for this update of the exact location of President's limo at the time of the fatal head shot. It is reassuring that two experts have independently arrived at a very similar estimate.🏆  

On 6/3/2020 at 12:54 AM, Andrej Stancak said:

Thanks for this update of the exact location of President's limo at the time of the fatal head shot. It is reassuring that two experts have independently arrived at a very similar estimate.🏆  

Andrej,

I think I have to correct that back to 2.379ft past the extant z313 location.

The 4.5ft mark was only part of the adjustment process which I will soon explain.

Irregardless, Tom was right about the syncing problems that he mentions in the interview.

In a very short span of space & time (unless the limousine stopped, in which case the time interval would necessarily be lengthened), it appears that so much head movement must have happened (a turn to the right before receiving the wound that caused the blowout at the back of the head to exhaust material onto the driver's side tail light and officer Hargis, then a turn to the left to be captured by Mary Moorman's photo).  Is anyone disagreeing that the physical evidence I'm citing necessarily requires the head movements I'm describing?

Edited by Steven Kossor

16 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

Andrej,

I think I have to correct that back to 2.379ft past the extant z313 location.

The 4.5ft mark was only part of the adjustment process which I will soon explain.

Irregardless, Tom was right about the syncing problems that he mentions in the interview.

This is an amazing progress, anyway. Knowing the precise timing and the exact location of the fatal shot is a prerequisite for any trajectory analysis. Sorry for not contributing to your thread, I am just busy with the image analysis method project.

16 hours ago, Steven Kossor said:

In a very short span of space & time (unless the limousine stopped, in which case the time interval would necessarily be lengthened), it appears that so much head movement must have happened (a turn to the right before receiving the wound that caused the blowout at the back of the head to exhaust material onto the driver's side tail light and officer Hargis, then a turn to the left to be captured by Mary Moorman's photo).  Is anyone disagreeing that the physical evidence I'm citing necessarily requires the head movements I'm describing?

Steven:

your point regarding exact head orientation is a crucial one, and it is interesting how it aligns with Chris's comment. While Chris works on the reconstruction of the exact movements and locations of President's limo, the exact spatial location of President's head is equally important for any trajectory analysis. 

I took advantage from a photograph having a similar view angle of JFK's head and shoulders in one of the motorcade photographs, however, this is only a rough approximation of the exact orientation of President's head in MM picture. 

Sorry to boil my soup one more time, however, it appears necessary to build an accurate 3D model of President's body, especially of his head, and arrange the model head in the space to match President's figure in Mary Moorman picture and in several critical frames of Z film. This would also allow to understand the correspondence between Z-film and MM and it would also be an independent verification of the timeline provided by Chris and Mark.

Thanks so much for the encouraging comment, Andrej.  I have been studying the case for 40 years and working (albeit in the background) to refine the understanding we have of "what happened, and when" to the point where we can definitively document specific locations of film alteration and approximate what was removed/retouched to produce the "official narrative" that has been sold to the world since 11/22/63.  It is entirely because of the researchers who "won't let it go" that we have moved closer to the truth, little by little, over the decades.  David Lifton is one of them, but there are many others who contribute to the Education Forum (you, Sandy, Chris and Mark among them, certainly) who have been contributing to the effort in very definitive ways as well.  I haven't been defending a theory or a perspective; I've been applying the principles of "critical incident debriefing" to the JFK case for a long time, and have surfaced some interesting things, by "slicing the time baloney" in the thinnest time sections possible and approaching the reconstruction of the events through that means.  It is basically an approach that forces consideration of all available details, cuts out the speculation seeming to glue them together, and replaces it with a process that asks the question "what can we document definitively at this particular moment?"  By assembling the time slices in sequential order, the truth emerges, and evidence of manipulation too (when time slices side-by-side indicate impossibly different views of reality, the only conclusion is that "something is missing" in the sequence, and it's pretty easy to identify intentional editing, as in the case of the Zfilm).  It's a slightly different way of analyzing an event, especially one in which the evidence has been intentionally doctored/suppressed to produce an "official narrative."

• 3 months later...

There may be an interesting corroboration of the finding of two exit holes in the upper right parietal area of President's head. The lower of the two pictures is my reconstruction of the head wound from Mary Moorman's picture and the upper picture is the result of Tom Wilson's reconstruction. For details of my method, please scroll back through this thread.

mm_tunnels.jpg

There seem to be two exit tunnels in the Kennedy's upper right parietal region. In the book "JFK Breaking the Silence" by Bill Sloan (Taylor Publishing Company, Dallas, 1993), the chapter named "The Assassin's Tale" contains the story of Sgt. Hugh Higgins who was a CIA trained operator working on orders of Kennedy's family since 1955. Robert Kennedy sent a message to the local air base at 12.45 PM (Dallas local time) to get Higgins to Dallas to investigate the assassination on behalf of Robert Kennedy. On the same day later, Higgins also travelled to Bethesda to attend the autopsy.

Higgins arrived in Bethesda about at 6 PM and witnessed two caskets being offloaded, a plain, grey casket and an ornate, bronze casket. 

This is what the book says about Higgins's autopsy recollections (pp.183-184):

"I distinctly saw an entry wound in the left temple", he says. "To my knowledge, only two other people besides myself have admitted to seeing this wound. It was assumed to be a blood clot by the doctors at Parkland, but it was an entry wound, and it could not have been fired from the rear".

"The bullet from this wound exited the right side of the president's head, blowing out a section of skull and obscuring the entry (?, exit, AS) wound of a second bullet that struck him from the right front almost simultaneously. There were two large, separate holes in the upper right side of the head, separated by about three quarters of an inch of bone matter and skin tissue". 

This rare description of the wound in the right parietal area appears to match the two photographic reconstructions quite well.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

This would also help to explain the smell of gunpowder on the clothing of the people coming into Parkland from the limousine -- shooting in the car would explain that, and nothing else (it couldn't "waft down from the grassy knoll").  An inshoot in the left temple means a shot from the direction occupied by the limo driver, whose turn toward JFK at the time of the head shot is unmistakable in the Zfilm.  If Greer didn't shoot JFK in the left temple, it's looking more plausible that somebody else fired from that direction and that a split second later, another shot entered the head from the front and exited from the right rear while JFK was turned toward the knoll.  It's going to be very interesting and illuminating as more people piece this case together bit by bit and see the picture that emerges, rather than starting from pieces of the picture and trying to make them fit together....

Steven:

I am sure, knowing that you studied the case for so long, that you are aware of late Sherry Fiester's work on the shot from the South Knoll (from the front and left of the limo). Sherry Fiester in her book "Enemy of the Truth, Myths, Forensics and the Kennedy's" assassination proposed a trajectory for the final shot that would originate at South Knoll and cross tangentially through the head to exit in the right parietal area. It is conceivable that a South Knoll shot actually entered the head in the left temple.

I do not want to misinterpret David Lifton's opinions, however, I believe he considers a shot to the left temple as a serious possibility.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

I've corresponded in confidence with David Lifton for more than 10 years so far and have learned a great deal about his ideas and insights in that time.  Doug Horne and I talked a good deal as well before he "retired" from the case, so I've had the opportunity to understand his ideas and insights at depth as well.  All in all, I'm convinced that the shot that exited from the right rear of JFK's skull entered the right side of his head while he was facing toward the knoll since the exhaust of blood and brain tissue struck officer Hargis and the driver's side tail light area of the limousine.  It's possible that another shot came into the left temple and exited through a hole of the right side of JFK's head at more or less the same time (Fiester's hypothesis) and that Moorman's photo captures a piece of his skull with hair attached as it was in flight over his right shoulder which may have been dislodged by that shot.  The position of JFK's head in the Moorman photo indicates that it was taken a moment before the shot from the front right that exited through the hole in the right rear of his skull since his head isn't yet turned in the correct direction that would have exhausted blood & brain in the direction that it traveled after the shot from the front right side happened.  Thanks so much for engaging in this "micro" study of the events in "the last second" in Dealey Plaza.  I don't think others have looked at it nearly this carefully, unfortunately.  Better late than never.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:06 AM, Steven Kossor said:

It looks like we're learning that the Moorman photo was taken a split second after the bullet had exited through the right rear portion of JFK's skull, spraying material onto the driver's side tail light and onto officer Hargis. 

moorman-photo-3a-1.jpg

moorman-crop-blowup.jpg

Looks like I may have been right in May.  This kind of thing can also be seen in Muchmore, if I am remembering correctly.  Muchmore and Moorman have many similarities.

Edited by John Butler